Note to New Members ×

BPS Revealed!

nekdut

Dang, did you read where Fin wants someone to think of a name for the plate. If they use your name, you get a free bomber plate. Just make sure you read the fine print at the bottom of the page. Pick up between 1 and 2 am only??

Maybe I can pick up my plate at the same time that I am stealing the aluminum shavings

So are you going to be running one all the time?

Your game has been lacking a bit.

:AR15firin

It rides as beautifully as it looks and is built with the same dedication and skill that we have come to expect from Bomber. If you have been trying to step up your game, this could just possibly be the ticket.

Think Snow!

Is the upm hole pattern same as the hangle ? If not will it work on hangle patterned boards ?

AFAIK it depends on WHAT version of the hangl pattern you have, there's at least 3 hangl patterns

I'd think the most recent one would fit because the the spacing is 30 mm, this is the same patter that the apex plate uses or at least did for awhile.

So are you going to be running one all the time?

Your game has been lacking a bit.

:AR15firin

Smartass eh, Nah, I am going for the double stacker wangle dangle. We will call it the Big Mac. Gotta be ahead of the curve around this group. Mine is going to have a blinking light on it, definately will make me go faster. I will probably continue to experiment with plates, they are unbelievably effective. But not for everyday consumption. As soon as Fin gets the 4x4 mounting, I want to mount one one a non metal glass deck for ****s and grins and see how works. Seems that their may be many options to choose from in the near future and at a broad range of price points.

Think Snow!

Is the upm hole pattern same as the hangle ? If not will it work on hangle patterned boards ?

There's a chance a bracket will be made to fit the original hangle pattern, but it'll be big, heavy, & pricey.

The UPM pattern builds on the Apex Composites/Modified Hangle pattern, but adds adjustability. You'll be able to use the Bomber Plate on a board with these inserts, but the adjustability of the spread of the pivots may be limited.

One of Fin's (and Sean's) goals is to get the major race & carving board makers to adopt the UPM universally. The UPM pattern has a lot of advantages over 4x2, 4x4, Hangle, Apex, Modified Hangle, etc.

Smartass eh, Nah, I am going for the double stacker wangle dangle. We will call it the Big Mac. Gotta be ahead of the curve around this group. Mine is going to have a blinking light on it, definately will make me go faster.

Ah, the Stanley Special.

Double with cheese!

James, bobdea is correct, over the years the Hangl has had a few versions come out. The first was a "three screws per bracket" that was designed to use ski screws for mounting. After that a two screw pattern was adopted (with a 30mm center to center on the screws) that was designed for inserted boards. However, where the real issue in compatibility comes from is the center to center (CC) distance between the front and rear Hangl pattern. It seems that originally this distance varied depending on the rider. I have measured quite a few race decks with Hangl patterns and for the most part the CC distance move around all over the place. For the third version of the Hangl pattern I belive this CC distance was set a certain distance. However, I am not able to confirm this.

So whats the big deal? Well with all these Mono-plate systems coming out they rely on the CC distance of the inserts to be consistent. This is where the board guys decided to go with the UPM pattern as it is essentially a modified Hangl pattern that is, if anything, consistent. It also has more inserts so that a adjustments in position of the plate can be made.

UPM%20Pattern%20Drawing%20v1.jpg

OK, now let me see if I can really muddy the waters! So if you have a current snowboard with a Hangl pattern of some CC distance will the Bomber plate fit? The answer is yes and no. We plan to make a run of special lower assemblies that will allow a rider with a current Hangl pattern to use our plate. As Snowman mentioned it will be a bit bigger as it will have to have slots to allow for the various CC distances that the Hangl pattern has. If your board with a Hangl pattern will fit, you are good to go, if it does not, sorry. You will have to do a measurement of your board to find out if there is a fit.