Note to New Members ×

Hey Mom, can I ride my bike over to Fin's house?

trailertrash

Heading to moab tomorroow, then grand canyon, vegas, san fran then up to OR.

Cool. Let us know when you nearing Portland. Perhaps we can buy you a beer at a local pub? Meet some of the local BOLers.

Bryan

If you decide you want to ride up at Mt Hood Timberline. I will be happy to loan you what you need. Are you Mondo 29? if I recall correctly?

Great to see John and the trip he is doing is fantastic! We should all dream of such a trip. Makes me want to chuck it all to the side and just ride until the cash runs out. Or in my case my Italian Hog breaks down which would be in the first 12 miles.

So John changed his oil, mapped out a days route and he is packing his bike as we speak this morning. Zsa Zsa is sad to see him go as she will have no one to torment now.

Going to send John down to Leadville, then up and over Independence Pass to Aspen. Then Carbondale and over McClure (sp) Pass and into Delta. Then a couple of more twistys then he hits the desert and camps at Moab, UT.

Good luck John!

Here is a link to his progress

http://summer2010x-countrymoto.blogspot.com/

Steph and I are flying out and meeting John in Portland next week. We are riding with him for 9 days out there then taking the easy way back.

Alex

Thanks for the link.

Going through Bend?

It would be cool if you could hook up with Greg M and go for a ride there. He knows the twisty well in the area. Then through Madris / Mt Hood and the Gorge? That would be a good route? With friends in Portland I am sure they will know better.

Safe journey!!

1. Immediately report the license plate theft to the local police department. I called 911 and they put me in touch with the right department. CAUTION: Don't drive your car until you report the theft and an officer arrives to write the official report. It is illegal to drive without a license plate on your car.
  2. Obtain a police report from the visiting officer. The officer that arrived on site gave me his business card and listed the Police report number on the front, see picture below. He wrote a brief description on the back about the theft and advised me to show this card when stopped while driving without a license. He said to tell the officer that stops us to call their office number listed on this card if they had any questions. The officer dropped off an official police report the next day at the front desk at my hotel. (See copy below)
  3. Report the stolen plate to your DMV office. You may also be able to do what I did. Since I was out of state I contacted Lexus of North Hills, my car dealer in Pittsburgh, and they had all of the information needed to report the plate stolen and to issue me a new license plate. They sent the new license plate overnight to my hotel in Myrtle Beach. Suggestion: Put your dealer's phone number in your cell phone contact list just in case. Find your dealer online. (Read the letter of thanks that I sent my Lexus dealer for their professional and timely assistance.)
  4. Obtain a temporary tag or a new plate from the state as soon as possible. (*See following comments)
  5. If this happens at a hotel or resort negotiate a price reduction for the inconvenience you experienced while at their establishment. Management agreed to take $55 off my bill for the extra cost associated with procuring a new plate and having it sent overnight and the overall inconvenience this caused.
  6. Secure your new plate with the options mentioned on the Prevention page and pictured in the Photo Gallery.

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--google_ad_client = "pub-1364622616647982";/* 468x15, stolen plates link ads created 4/1/09 */google_ad_slot = "7965150700";google_ad_width = 468;google_ad_height = 15;//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT><INS style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; POSITION: relative; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 468px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline-table; HEIGHT: 15px; VISIBILITY: visible; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><INS style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; POSITION: relative; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 468px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: block; HEIGHT: 15px; VISIBILITY: visible; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><IFRAME style="POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=google_ads_frame3 height=15 marginHeight=0 src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-1364622616647982&output=html&h=15&slotname=7965150700&w=468&lmt=1262899736&flash=10.0.32.18&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stolenplates.com%2FWhat_to_do%2Fwhat_to_do.htm&dt=1276437377377&shv=r20100607&prev_slotnames=4669698907%2C7813324147&correlator=1276437377114&frm=0&adk=968421769&ga_vid=1789872948.1276437377&ga_sid=1276437377&ga_hid=732911647&ga_fc=0&u_tz=-240&u_his=3&u_java=1&u_h=600&u_w=1067&u_ah=600&u_aw=1067&u_cd=32&u_nplug=0&u_nmime=0&biw=1040&bih=442&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stolenplates.com%2F&fu=0&ifi=3&dtd=16&xpc=JXHk3bMKSS&p=http%3A//www.stolenplates.com" frameBorder=0 width=468 allowTransparency name=google_ads_frame marginWidth=0 scrolling=no></IFRAME></INS></INS>

*I was advised by the officer that I would probably have to drive back home without a license plate and to expect stops by different police departments along the way. I was stopped several times before my plate arrived and fortunately I had Officer Humes card and the full police report that he was kind enough to drop off at our hotel room.

Found the above and pasted it, sounds reasonable to carry a police report with you till you get back east and pick up another plate. #5 doesn't seem to fit and your's was lost not stolen? but it's still gone.

Happy miles:)

Going for some twisties in the foot hills? Yale Res. (NE of Vancouver, WA , USA)

South Side of Mt St Helens? Hope they can go for a the North side too.

Passed about 5 miles from my house at 10am. GPS tracker is cool!

Perfect day among few this spring!!! Good timing John!!

Super day for a ride!!

Enjoy!

Heading to moab tomorroow, then grand canyon, vegas, san fran then up to OR.

Hey TT, our guest room is available -- if you need a place to crash in Portland, PM me. We could probably make some space in the garage for your bike too. My wife is out of town, so this weekend=booze and videogames, unless it dries out long enough for road biking (the kind you pedal, in my case).