Note to New Members ×

Step in Sidewinders?

big canuck

so with the TD3 sidewinder, the toe and heel platforms aren't linked in any way.

do you think with a step-in heel you'd need to link the platforms so that they'd flex in unison?

without such a link i imagine it'd be a very small angular difference.

• 4 months later...

Fin,

I know you're pretty busy with some plate project. But I was was wondering if these are on the radar.

If they are, as I mentioned above, I would love :1luvu: it if they were also made available as a lower cost conversion kit to my existing TD3s. I've got 2 sets of TD3s and can't afford to upgrade both sets to Sidewinders at the full cost of the binding.

Cheers,

Dave

so with the TD3 sidewinder, the toe and heel platforms aren't linked in any way.

do you think with a step-in heel you'd need to link the platforms so that they'd flex in unison?

without such a link i imagine it'd be a very small angular difference.

They become linked by the boot.

They become linked by the boot.

Yep, I would guess there is a very small difference between the toe and heel angles/movement due to play or flex. It is evidently so small it is not an issue. Rode my mod'd version quite a few days without an issue. :)

Yes, I would like to get a few sets of the real deal to reduce height/weight. :1luvu:

When Fin gets this market ready I will have a pair of TD3SW for sale with a few extra holes in them :eek::eplus2::biggthump

Yep, I would guess there is a very small difference between the toe and heel angles/movement due to play or flex. It is evidently so small it is not an issue. Rode my mod'd version quite a few days without an issue. :)

Yes, I would like to get a few sets of the real deal to reduce height/weight. :1luvu:

When Fin gets this market ready I will have a pair of TD3SW for sale with a few extra holes in them :eek::eplus2::biggthump

I'd love to get a retro kit,:biggthump or split version for direct mount to a DIY plate with donek 2nd board hardware.(cheap bastard I am)

Bryan, I'll take you up on the used Oldsnowboardwinders, Keep me on top of the list so I can "sidewind" my nitro stepins.

Also curious to your mention of sidewinder on the back foot and solid on the front; I like a little more flex on the back foot and was thinking about yellow pads on the back and blue or preferably red(hint hint Fin) on the front.

Good news: yep, we are working on it.

Bad news: probably not see this season. Sorry :(

You nailed it the plate project pretty much took over and has used up all my time for new products. I do have some test/proto ones that work great but from a manufacturing standpoint (i.e. make them affordable) we have a long way to go.

Trust me, I SO want to see this myself. I rode standards all last season and VERY much missed my SI.

Good news: yep, we are working on it.

Bad news: probably not see this season. Sorry :(

You nailed it the plate project pretty much took over and has used up all my time for new products. I do have some test/proto ones that work great but from a manufacturing standpoint (i.e. make them affordable) we have a long way to go.

Trust me, I SO want to see this myself. I rode standards all last season and VERY much missed my SI.

You know I might have some time available to test a set of those protos out for the season. Just throwing that out there for you. I could Expose them to a Canadian climate and all that. Eh! :eplus2:

Dave