Note to New Members ×

Is your season over?

kinpa

Is your season over?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Is your season over?

• No, still riding, or still have plans to ride.
    • Yes, due to an injury.
    • Yes, due to home mountain being closed for the season.
    • Yes, due to other circumstances. (explain below)

Yep, it is closed Monday through Wednesday and makes for some great splitboarding.

I did my first tree-riding there and had no idea how good it was at the time. Love that place. Next time I am in eugene I plan to take a trip there. I forgot about it being closed monday-weds. That's a pretty sweet deal for earning your turns!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did my first tree-riding there and had no idea how good it was at the time. Love that place. Next time I am in eugene I plan to take a trip there. I forgot about it being closed monday-weds. That's a pretty sweet deal for earning your turns!!

It is where we learned to snowboard but we have not been back since our first season. Pretty cool.

It has great trees!

yesterday. :D

SWEET!!

Our version; 04012010 :)

<object width="1300" height="765"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMVBjFMU3AA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMVBjFMU3AA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1300" height="765"></embed></object>

the first pic was taken wednesday at Mammoth on the way to the slopes

the second pic was taken thursday just before they opened

storm total 18 inches

wednesday.jpg

thursday.jpg

I was riding with carvingchef and arclite on Thursday. Here's another picture that I snapped on the way up chair 14. Definitely WINTER. COLD COLD COLD with pretty dry snow.

post-17-141842312979_thumb.jpg

Its funny living here in Cleveland.. I love it.. I travel all the time for business and pleasure across all countries.. Its weird for me to say. but I love it here! Its a cool town, with unlimited recreation. sure we don't have the rockies..but we have places to roam.. What gets me every year is how news casters and people around hear always complain about the winter.. do people complain about winter in colorado? its like dude.. do something in the winter like ski or ride a snowmobile and you won't complain so much.. Geez when did you figure out it gets cold here? Then MOVE!.. Yea the snow season doesn't last so long but heck we got a huge lake that looks like an ocean.. but no sharks..and yes its clean now!! so clean you can drink it, thanks to the russians dumping the Zebra muscles.. Best Walleye fishing in the country!! and good eatin too.

I enjoy all the season sports as Im sure most of use on the forum do.. hell if we can ride Alpine boards Im sure we are not the biggest slouches in this world so I bet you just get ready to do something else.. Its just this is one of the best or it is the best forum I know..

Still looking for a good Golf shotgun shoot rodent forum to match this one..:eek:

I have never seen a forum where updates are by the minute.. amazing on how many people are on and what people give and care for this sport no matter what your name is..:)

So my season for this has ended but it just rolls right into the next with out a blink of an eye.. 81 today and swinging away on the turf.. then off to the Ducati to take a spin.. then it gets cold again in a few months and we are back.. history repeats itself agian..

Thanks to all

RSS

I really have enjoy seeing new names (people) join this forum.. huge amount since a few years ago for us old dogs.. still good seeing some pop up from time to time..

No matter what it is, i try to catch all posts and see what going on.. I don't disagree with much ,, well maybe in my mind but those who know me.. I just like having fun.. Not much tech from me as there are plenty of views here, and hell what do I know...gettin old..

It seems to me seeing the new faces that its growing and not declining with is so cool so I thank all the people who joined and people who got people to try it and got hooked.. I got one this year so that was good.. so keep up the good work all..

I have enjoyed all the posts this year good or bad.. ha.. depending if you looked at it that way.. I never do.. but thats just me.. I like seeing how active this site is.. simply amazing.. amazing as well how close people become and the meetings are awesome.. just go to an event and its like family. .where else can you get that..

I have to say thanks to all.. I can't mention names as there are so many.. but where can you post that your looking for a last minute trip and someone opens there arms and takes you in to accomodate you!! (Thanks Thor) had to mention Thor.. thats what Im talking about.. so many people so many friendships being built..

Hey you want to come to cleveland well..haha call me.. you probably want to come in the summer as most do.. well Im here..

This is just my post for the end of my season..but trust me I haven't stopped talking to a certain manufaturer for new ideas.. thats non stop.. and I know he or she hates it.. but hell just priming myself for new stuff for 2011..haha..

All stay well and god bless.. dang you who are still riding.. well maybe.. because Im smacking golf balls. so that ain't such a bad thing..

Cheers all

thats all I can think of now..

RSS

From MHM Website 141 inch base :) General Comments: It's turning into a miracle spring with powder dump after powder dump. We were unable to open Cascade, Vista and Heather today, but we're hopeful we'll have them tomorrow. Join us on the slopes Sunday for another round of pure powder mountain fun!

Road Conditions: Traction tires REQUIRED on 26/35. They're both snowy, slushy and icy. WSDOT and ODOT have extended the studded tire removal deadlines to April 10th.