Note to New Members ×

Should we offer a Sub-Forum for Softboot Carving?

fin

Should we create a Softboot Carving forum?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Should we create a Softboot Carving forum?

• Yes
    • No
    • Can go either way, not a big deal to me

"If you want to buy a lift ticket and sit in the bar, that's also fine by me; I won't critique your boots for being non-optimal for chugging beer."

That's sig worthy right there :biggthump

Eyeballing how smooth the grooming is Eh!

post-2208-0-11215900-1426814209.jpg

nobody does that in straps & lace

Edited by b0ardski

Mario, yes if you understand the context. SBS ran his mouth trying to give carving "advice" based on riding softboots in Aspen for years while Jack was a Moderator and couldn't really say much. If he had stayed out of the technique threads and just posted in his narcissistic "stoke" threads that would have been another story but he kept pushing his outdated 3 strap binding crap. Anybody who posts drama like "delete my posts, I am taking my ball and going home" is a douche.

I don't understand why people get bent out of shape when I mention that hardboots are a superior carving device. This is pretty much a fact. Just as much a fact as softboots are a superior pipe/park/freestyle/powder device. Who cares? I have softboots, check my profile. I rode them yesterday.

Yesterday at Mammoth, softboots and one very Magic Donek saber(thanks Sean)165/ 9-11 vsr/25waist/stiffer and 1/2 the rubber... were hooking up big time. I spent the previous day on my coiler with a 4mm boiler plate and had a fantastic time but the conditions called for something different. Narrow minded thinking is just that. I left a particular facebook group because of poor and righteous attitudes... Starting to feel that a bit here. 2017 SES... I'll be there. On softies... And probably a twin of my saber as I plan to ride this one into the ground. Hope you all have a great spring season.

Narrow minded thinking is just that. I left a particular facebook group because of poor and righteous attitudes... Starting to feel that a bit here.

It's only a few individuals spreading the hate. Our (carving snowboarders) piece of the snow-sliding pie is so tiny already; why bicker over crap that really doesn't matter?

When I have a day on the hill with a skier buddy we're able to laugh and have fun even though we're on different equipment. Some of the hater posts make it sound like I should spend my whole time trying to convince him to get off of his inferior equipment and onto a hardboot snowboard, and he would do the same to me for skis. Ultimately, we'd need to have a fist-fight to sort out who's right after swinging our E-peens around on a forum didn't resolve it. That's stupid.

Someone else's way of sliding down a ski hill doesn't affect me unless they hit me or someone I care about.

• Like 2

Can we make a separate whole forum for the narrow minded, egotistical, self righteous haters? Then all the rest of us can discuss and enjoy carving in peace. :)

I enjoy soft and hard booting, and definitely need work and input on both. I would not mind a sub forum to be able to ask for input specifically on soft setup, but I have no problems with not having one. I would say that if enough soft riders are asking, then why not? The only disadvantage I can see is someone missing some really good input in a post because it is in a separate location that they may not visit as much, which could go both ways. But then again, it would be easier to find specific posts relating to soft setup....

Can we make a separate whole forum for the narrow minded, egotistical, self righteous haters? Then all the rest of us can discuss and enjoy carving in peace. :)

I would vote "NO" ,  those you have described are simply asked to go away or rain in the negativity.   Typically the Boss is very tolerant and gives members every chance to behave responsibly.   This is what is currently taking place.  So, if you don't see recent negative posts it is best to let it go and demonstrate by example what IS positive posting behavior.  Thanks everyone for keeping BOL one of the most civil and rewarding forums I have had the pleasure to participate in.  Bryan   

LOL, I must have voted 5 years ago and I can't recall how I voted :) 

As someone who rides both hard and soft boots - and carves on soft boots - and buys softie boards from the likes of Coiler, Donek and Prior, the same companies I buy alpine boards from - I'm not sure I care how the forum is organized.   By preference would be "whatever makes it easiest for Fin and the Mods", to be honest.   There will always be threads that have both hard and soft boot content so the line is always blurred.   

There may be plenty of soft boot specific places to go on the Interweb but are any of them better than Bomberonline for discussing Carving In Softies?  

I'll keep coming by either way.    I'll keep riding softies on days when I feel like riding softies either way too  :)