Note to New Members ×

Alpine Snowboard Plate Systems

www.oldsnowboards.com

tb-

I think that's great! I'm going to have a few more opportunities this season for some mid-week riding which I'm looking forward to. I hope to get at least one day where I can try a plate. I've never tried a hangl or vist and have been more turned off by the additional weight they bring with-

so. indoor slope, 200m long*. 184GS with 14-20 radius. too much board for the location. too much board for the rider as well.

fun? yes. weird being higher up? a little. having your feet stay in the same relative position all the way through a turn is an odd sensation to begin with. feeling the board mould itself to the terrain during corners equally so.

it's a lot smoother, and thus easier to go faster. much easier.

* 1/3rd of the top section to gather speed, swing across the slope, tip the board into wide C turn, then another, stop. grin. repeat.

so. indoor slope, 200m long*. 184GS with 14-20 radius. too much board for the location.

Any reaction from the locals? I don't think most people will have seen anything like it. Which slope are you using that on?

I'm waiting for my Kessler SL to arrive, which may work a bit better on 15 degrees of 160m long ice, but it has no plate so I should not mention it here.

Any reaction from the locals? I don't think most people will have seen anything like it. Which slope are you using that on?
braehead. the locals are used to me on my F2 at this point.

the donek got looks of suspicion, and then disbelief. just as it started getting busy and i switched to the f2, one of the lifties commented that perhaps it wasn't a board best suited to 'our little slope'. they were pretty impressed with the mechanics of the plate though, and most could understand its purpose.

Come to Colorado and bring the plate clad fruit stripe rocket back here where it was born. Here you will have plenty of pitch and vert to get that thing up to cruising speed.
i've always resisted going abroad for my snow, mostly because i try to support the 5 places we have here. and really, on the f2 they're enough.

however, only 2 really have any terrain that will give me the entry speeds for making this thing bend like a banana. i may need to get on a plane.

Yep, come on over we will show you the goods!:biggthump Come to the SES and your eyes will swim in your nogging. The largest collection of demo gear you could ever imagine, with all the latest and greatest offerings.
your intentions are quite transparent to me. you just want some turns on the fruit-bar rocketboard, don't you? :eplus2:

i've always resisted going abroad for my snow, mostly because i try to support the 5 places we have here. and really, on the f2 they're enough.

however, only 2 really have any terrain that will give me the entry speeds for making this thing bend like a banana. i may need to get on a plane.

Photo of setup please?

fruit-bar rocketboard

Now that Snowman has made such a point of it.;) Curious :confused::biggthump

I need to extend those props to Todd Brown. He also has had quite a bit of imput on the development of these systems.

Think Snow!

You are far to kind here.

If you start throwing my name around recklessly like that, we would also have to give an equal amount of credit to all the testers (which I know you were a significant part of) and tinkerers who where lucky enough to be part of the on snow evolution of both the new shapes and plate systems.

I just sat at the other end of a computer screen (much like I am now) throwing some ideas out.

Hope we get to make some turns together this year!

:biggthump I had the distinct pleasure to get out and ride the Bomber ______ plate (pre-production) today at the Basin. Conditions were variable with super firm man made below and 5 to 6 plus inches of fresh being pushed around on top. This thing will slice and dice anything. I found myself having to back off on the nose because the plate performs as a force multiplier, if you drive it like a glass deck mounted sans plate, your gonna dig a hole to the center of the Earth. Once you get yourself conditioned to the extra juice this thing provides, you can put it to effictive use and enjoy a ripping fast ride. We have pretty fast and soft condtions here in Colorado (not a bad thing) so I am anxioius to get it out on some super firm. One sticking point is slow speed handling is well, strange, don't assume that a plate is meant to be ridden slow. Freerideability, absolutely! I pushed it as hard is I could all day and not a hicup. From a free ride standpoint, probably going to be more of a long board thing, from a racer standpoint more than likely a must for all disciplines BX included! Cam Farrell has been out pushing a custom built Donek BX plate at the Basin for the last few days and if Cam can't break it, no one can. Once again, hats off to all involve in the development of this highly effective and beautifully crafted system. Big crew riding at the Basin tomorrow under a bluebird Colorado sky and 5 inches of fresh to mix into the gnar, conditions are going to be fantasic. Nice to see 30+ hard booters on the mountain day after day. :biggthump

I'm bringing something a bit more current than that white thing tomorrow. You should enjoy it a lot more.