Sox or Yankees?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Sox or Yankees?

• Red Sox
    • Yankees

"no team in history has ever forced a game 7 after being down 3-0"

hah!

:D

As far as classless fans, how about the NY fans throwing stuff tonight? At Fenway they only threw foul balls back.

and for your amusement guys....

Boston sports teams are like men in relationships:

The Patriots are like the new boyfriend that you really like - he's awesome, but almost too good to be true, so you worry.

The Bruins are like the guy that you just casually dated and you don't really care about him, he's just something to do. ( I actually adore the B's but whatever, there's no hockey this year anyway)

The Celtics are like the marriage that was great at one time but has lost its spark and you always kinda look back and think about how great it was.

And the Sox are the hard core abusive husband who just absolutely beats the sh!# out of you, but day after day you always go back to him cause you always believe that tomorrow will be different and you just love him too much.

Go Red Sox!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

try soccer fans just about anywhere in the world in argentina they have had riots after semi pro games

think about going to a paw socks game and they loose that night havoc breaks out in RI that would be crazy

we here in the US are pretty mild for the most part with our sports fanatics

someday the sox will kick some ass

someday

Originally posted by bobdea

try soccer fans just about anywhere in the world in argentina they have had riots after semi pro games

think about going to a paw socks game and they loose that night havoc breaks out in RI that would be crazy

we here in the US are pretty mild for the most part with our sports fanatics

someday the sox will kick some ass

someday

Well tonight they certainly took a step in that direction

Originally posted by Jack Michaud

Let's go Red Sox!!

I need to find an outfit like that for my daughter :)

(My wife is against me passing on the Red Sox tradition to her... she doesn;t want to see her get disappointed year after year. I on the other hand feel it;s my duty to pass it on and be able to commiserate with her later in life!)

Originally posted by Hugh

I've never rooted for an American League team before this year, but the Sox deserve all the help that can get.

Cubs, Giants, Sox...they have gotten real close lately, but no one can finish.

Go Sox!

I was a Mets fan growing up (1986 Baby! oh... um... yea, that Red Sox lost that one too :() and nominally support the Yankees as a New York team (although I don't want pro sport much anymore)... however I'm rooting for the Red Sox to win the World Series that way they can FINALLY stop whining and moping around every year. If it means they have to beat the Yankee so be it.

I went to college in Boston during the recent Yankee World Series reign and it was just painful to see everyone in Boston be disappointed and pathetic looking year after year after year. While I like it when my team wins, I personally don't like humiliating my opponents as the Yankees have done.

Maybe with this unprecedented comeback, the Red Sox can finally get that monkey off their backs.

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by Hugh

Interesting how much support Boston got in the poll in the last few days. Tons of votes! That is more than all of BOL, I am guessing.

Only one vote per carver?

I was just looking at that. If its one person one vote, we have a lot of new carvers! Somebody must have a tired finger from clicking so much.

disclaimer:

I HATE COMMERCIAL SPORTS

but I love underdogs

but at the same time, I HATE it when people win because someone else fails horribly

and that was clearly what happened. it was like the yankees were sleeping or something?

or...did that Damon guy just totally take the wind out of their sails almost immediately?

or was it simply BEING THERE, in a game 7 after leading 3-0?

anyway...I love underdogs, so congrats to the red sox, and maybe even the big one?

Originally posted by D-Sub

I HATE it when people win because someone else fails horribly

and that was clearly what happened. it was like the yankees were sleeping or something?

or...did that Damon guy just totally take the wind out of their sails almost immediately?

Over the past 4 games the Yanks were totally outplayed and outclassed on their own turf. Give credit where credit is due... sure the Yanks choked, but the Sox orchestrated the BIGGEST comeback in sports history. They fought back throughout the series and beat up the Yanks bullpen ....and put a stake in Rivera. The Sox bullpen staff was phenomenal--the Yanks were practicly hitless. After a roller coaster season, D-Lowe pitched his greatest game ever!! Johnny-D & Belhorn finally realized they were playing in a baseball game and laid the smackdown blasting HR's all over the place.

Even with all of the excitement of winning the series, there are some things I'm still a little perplexed about....

1) What the heck was Francona thinking putting Pedro in the 7th? Is the guy trying to get fired a la Grady?

2) Does the third base coach Dale Sveum ever hold a guy on third? I was holding my breath the entire game hoping that his mistake to send Damon wouldn't come back to haunt us.

3) Did you ever think we'd win the series and have Manny RBI-less?

Yes...hell did freeze over...and....pigs did fly last night in the bronx!!!!

The RED SOX are headed to the World Series!!!!!

Originally posted by D-Sub

but at the same time, I HATE it when people win because someone else fails horribly

You could not be more wrong if you tried! Damon blew them away by surging out of his post-season slump and returning to true form. Derek Lowe shut down the offense last night - allowing one hit in 6 innings. Curt Schilling had a near out of body experience and shut them down in game 6 - allowing one hit in 7 innings with his heel sewn together and bleeding through his sock like The Natural. The Sox posted ONE error the entire series. And we had to do it all without Manny Ramirez's bat. The Yanks did not play sloppy baseball. If there is one team who can come back from 6 runs down in late innings, it's the Yankees. If there's one team who can blow a 6 run lead, it's the Sox. The Sox were just as tired and had been through the wringer and just came back and won fair and square. Congratulations Red Sox!!

I was going to post something...but I decided not too...but I have to type something...

Too much emotion going on...

I am proud of the BoSox but I must play the devil's advocate...because being from Connecticut I can see both sides...

It's funny how everyone says that Yanks fans are a$$holes, you should see how the Sox fans at work are acting today! You would think they won the world series already...

Oh yeah...the next curse...just might be that of Clemens...

I see 1986 votes for the Sox!

Originally posted by fishrising

It's funny how everyone says that Yanks fans are a$$holes, you should see how the Sox fans at work are acting today! You would think they won the world series already...

In a way, the Sox have won something even more special than the WS. No matter what the outcome of the series, they are going down in history as the first team in the history of baseball to come back from 0-3 and win. The facts that no team had ever even forced a game 7 let alone win, that they did it through the Yankees, and in the Yankee's house makes it a trifecta the weight of which I cannot even comprehend right now!

As for the fans, Jim Rome pretty much ripped the Yankee fans up and down yesterday for throwing crap on the field after the umps made correct decisions. If the Sox fans are being cocky now, well, I can't really blame us. There is a collective orgasm happening in Boston and New England right now, of epic proportions.

I hear ya Jack...I am not picking sides, merely looking at both...because my loyalty lies elsewhere...gotta keep things interesting...

Although a Yankees fan might say, "Oh yeah, down 0-3, come back to win, so what? Where's the ring?"

BoSox fan in return, "$25 million on the NY pitching mound, $500 for a ticket to game 7..........seeing NY lose to Boston...priceless..."

When will the sox get 2004 votes in this poll?

6 runs down in late innings, it's the Yankees. If there's one team who can blow a 6 run lead, it's the Sox.

Not really Jack I think it was the Seattle Mariners who broke that record against the Indians a few years back.. Try 12 runs in two innings,, I think is was that..

But even better was this years record 22-0 lose against the Tribe in the Yanks house..man how people forget!! its not only Boston who hate em!

Say what ya will, but the Yank fan is right up there with the Raiders fan.. some exceptions exist, but not many!

Why yes,, it is fun to Yankee bash.. Im sorry... oh and a Yankee fan wouldn't be all over this is they won! ohh the pain!

Someone metioned the Daily show.. go to this link and on the left click on the Cordrey interview called Ruth less people..gotta be one of the funniest things Ive seen.. listen to the guys in the bar!

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/thedailyshowwithjonstewart/

DANG IT , SNOW ALREADY!

I couldn't resist posting. A bunch of overweight rich guys, millionaires even? Whatever, I'd rather play ball outside or watch minor league ball (where there is still some heart in the game) than waste my time watching some ENDLESS pro-game, I'd be more entertained by fat rich men if there were people like Bill Gates trying to haul his arse around the infield.

Yankees, Red Sox, Russian chess - I could care less.

This is all just my opinion, though. My Yankee-fan mother would have words with me.

Originally posted by Jack Michaud

You could not be more wrong if you tried! Damon blew them away by surging out of his post-season slump and returning to true form. Derek Lowe shut down the offense last night - allowing one hit in 6 innings. Curt Schilling had a near out of body experience and shut them down in game 6 - allowing one hit in 7 innings with his heel sewn together and bleeding through his sock like The Natural. The Sox posted ONE error the entire series. And we had to do it all without Manny Ramirez's bat. The Yanks did not play sloppy baseball. If there is one team who can come back from 6 runs down in late innings, it's the Yankees. If there's one team who can blow a 6 run lead, it's the Sox. The Sox were just as tired and had been through the wringer and just came back and won fair and square. Congratulations Red Sox!!

Jack

you really dont need to defend against my comments. I couldnt care less really, PLUS Im glad the sox won! I wasnt defending the yankees

I still say they played like **** the last game there. Doesnt mean the Red Sox didnt play well and dont deserve the win! It was impressive to say the least!

I'm a raised in boston die hard fan for all the teams. I've been there when the Pats couldn't win to save there life, when the bruins won the stanley cup, when Russel and Havlicek took the boys to win the NBA titles and of course have been there year after year with the Bosox even after 75 and 86. This is the meaning of being a diehard Boston fan. It transends the petty and defines the true meaning of "Fan". And I think that all the other relocated fans out there would agree. All teams are great and also change naturally due to trades etc. but not all teams have the mystique. Enough said, Sox in 6.

Go Sox