Note to New Members ×

Picture on Transworld Snowboarding's website

aactis

So my friend and I hit up Abasin's opening day last Friday, and naturally, wore the most ridiculous outfits we could put together. It was a great day and towards the end some photographer came up and asked if he could shoot some shots of us and post them online. I thought it was pretty cool that people so involved in the park scene were well aware of what we were riding, and even more cool that it was posted online.

Pardon the poor form, last season was my first in hard boots, and I haven't been in hardboots since like early June. It was also the first day on my new-used old Volant 162 slalom board and it definitely took some fiddling with the setup to start figuring it out.

Anyways, thought I'd share. :)

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/photos/a-basin-colorado-opening-day/?nggpage=2&pid=37926

post-8042-141842286497_thumb.jpg

Heck, it just looks like dudes out playin' in the snow having a blast. The caption writer must have been a little impressed to want to post the shot and write that the were "layin down trenches".

Not bad for newbees on their first day of the new season.

aactis,

Come join us at Lovey some this season and you will get better.

Ink

What's with the hate? I'm assuming it's from the clear lack of form. Whatever, like I said, we're both pretty new to hardboots. And the run was super torn up, which made lack of skills even more evident.

If people don't like the apparel, oh well. There were other people in onesies riding around that afternoon. Nothing wrong with just goofing around with some friends for a few hours on opening day and having a good time.

What's with the hate? I'm assuming it's from the clear lack of form. Whatever, like I said, we're both pretty new to hardboots. And the run was super torn up, which made lack of skills even more evident.

If people don't like the apparel, oh well. There were other people in onesies riding around that afternoon. Nothing wrong with just goofing around with some friends for a few hours on opening day and having a good time.

I dont care about your form im all for having fun, but im quite sure the guy with the photos and caption, was being sarcastic as hell, and making fun, thus knocking hardbooters.

Yeah, the problem with this is that Transworld didn't put your funny outfits into context. Early and late season is when all the wacky retro outfits come out of the closet, and probably a lot more people than you guys were doing it, but that wasn't mentioned. I think TW used it as an opportunity to make hardbooters look, as they said, like relics from the 80s.

Yeah, the problem with this is that Transworld didn't put your funny outfits into context. Early and late season is when all the wacky retro outfits come out of the closet, and probably a lot more people than you guys were doing it, but that wasn't mentioned. I think TW used it as an opportunity to make hardbooters look, as they said, like relics from the 80s.

Soooo.... what part of the headline "A Basin Colorado Opening Day" leaves out the 'opening day' context? And maybe you missed the caption a couple of photos later: "Colorado has it all, minus the funk. G-Thugs and Tree-Hugs happily co-exist."

Looks to me like a bunch of people having fun sliding on snow. Aactis, thanks for sharing - looks like you guys had a great time! :biggthump

Some of you are reading way too much into this.

The caption:

"Straight out the 80’s these dudes were lapping every hater and layin down trenches braadah."

does not seem sarcastic or mean spirited in any way. It just says these guys are having a good time no matter what, which is exactly what they were doing.

I own a one piece and a neon suit and have fun at martigras day,retro day,any day I feel the need to be comic relief for the masses,but...

My original statement has almost nothing to do with the guys in what does have the look of a suprimposed shot,having fun or not.The more fun the better.Welcome to the new carvers.

Soooo.... what part of the headline "A Basin Colorado Opening Day" leaves out the 'opening day' context?

It doesn't make the connection between opening day and funny outfits, with which a lot of people probably aren't intimately familiar.

And maybe you missed the caption a couple of photos later: "Colorado has it all, minus the funk. G-Thugs and Tree-Hugs happily co-exist."

I don't know what that means.

I'm not saying the riders did anything wrong, I'm just saying "typical Transworld. :rolleyes:"

Neon is in!

neon.jpg

I wear this suit ALL THE TIME!

Its actually called a 686 Gaper Suit.

Good luck trying to find one...

Its all in good fun.

Some people need to chillax.

You think people would have enough troubles worrying about themselves, let alone other people.

Sheesh!

:freak3:

winterneon2.jpg

winterneon1.jpg

I love that one, I would wear that!! Actually one of my pants are oakley(recent model that are neon yellow), The skiier that broke his legs in that famous gap jump vid used to wear em.

Neon is in!

neon.jpg

I wear this suit ALL THE TIME!

Its actually called a 686 Gaper Suit.

Good luck trying to find one...

QUOTE]