Note to New Members ×

Resorts to ban alpine

Rob Stevens

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a very recent converted skier... riding a seriously ancient Rossi... the reception that Schweitzer has given has been awesome. On the other hand... I am a bunny hill hero since anything resembling a pitch greater than 30 degrees would result in the loss of my life and perhaps others as well.

Welcome! Great screen name.

You mean to tell me a straighliner on "standard equipment" is SAFE!?:AR15firin

Or that some saggy-pants having jackass can "change his line" mid-air or mid-rail or mid whatever else they do?

this is weird.

but they're private companies. they can do whatever they want. I won't give any of them my money even on soft gear.

Bordy is trying to work with the resort to have some sort of metal exemption clause, so everyone on a newer metal board will still be able to enjoy their favroite resort, but those who ride old school locked in chatter boxes will either have to upgrde or go to softies.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAA!!!!!!

Danka... I tinkered with "Bale" and "Bail" as in "Bale/Bail out)" and settled on the English/British spelling "Bale" since it referred directly to "Baling out" of a burning airplane.... such would describe my initial days of alpine boarding and the occasional ineffective heelside-headfirsts and the toe-side-face-plants that I entertained the little kids with on the bunny hill. For you alpine masters... I am in awe.

From the CASI website.

Press Release

March 31, 2009

Banff Area Resorts to Ban Square Tailed Snowboards

After much discussion with local resort operators, the Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors has given its support to resorts that wish to ban square tailed (alpine)snowboards. Rob Stevens, President of CASI has been quoted as saying "It hasn't been an easy decision, but given the problems that already exist on our hills, we can't endorse the use of unconvential equipment." He noted that not only is there a safety concern but that trying to instruct on this equipment is nearly impossible for many of the membership.

For further information, please contact Rob Stevens directly.

email: bored@casi-acms.com

Last I checked, my new coiler had a fairly rounded tail on it. Sad thing is, is that most, if not all alpiners are more cognizant of what is going on around them on the hill and more precautious than 95% of the ppl on the hill, I hope this is not epidemic.

From the CASI website.

Press Release

March 31, 2009

After much discussion with local resort operators, the Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors has given its support to resorts that wish to ban square tailed (alpine)snowboards. Rob Stevens, President of CASI has been quoted as saying "It hasn't been an easy decision, but given the problems that already exist on our hills, we can't endorse the use of unconvential equipment." He noted that not only is there a safety concern but that trying to instruct on this equipment is nearly impossible for many of the membership.

Nice added touch to lend credibility to April 1st.

From the CASI website.

Press Release

March 31, 2009

If you want to make a story beleivable, just get your buddy to sit beside you, nodding, saying "Yah... It was just like he says!"

1 person spraying: Bulls h i t...

2 people spraying: Absolutely credible.

Bordy is trying to work with the resort to have some sort of metal exemption clause, so everyone on a newer metal board will still be able to enjoy their favroite resort, but those who ride old school locked in chatter boxes will either have to upgrde or go to softies.

THIS ! hahahaha

one of the funniest replies I've read all week ! hahah!

Well I say Phukum! I'll still ride the same way Ive ridden before I was in hardboots, and if they don't like it, they can kiss my ass as I point out all the other issues. Make life hell for Ski Patrol.

It isnt what we ride, but HOW we ride it.

Looks like a lot of us will be ripping in softies just to make a point next season.

hmmm, yea, I did read something about this earlier...

folks then chose to chit on the messenger...

Interesting

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22064

why Hard Boots are doomed

<HR style="COLOR: #3399ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hard Boot carving will continue to dwindle in numbers because...

The Ruts are destroying the slopes for all the others that utilize them

which of course the majority are skiers...

This was demonstrated in spades last year at SES

On Aspen Mt. and then one day at Buttermilk by 12 o'clock you could no longer

even go down certain runs because of the trenches...some 6 to 8 inches deep

The reality is it is flat out dangerous to go into these areas on skis and since

skiers outnumber carvers 40 to 1 it is only a matter of time before we are all

banned....

usually there are so few at Buttermilk it is nothing to worry about...but

large groups create a negative attitude here among the skiers...

They complain and bitch that "they have no right to wreck the snow for others"

you think this is a joke...it is not

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

hmmm, :lurk: