Note to New Members ×

Hey go custom yourself.

Bordy

I probably agree with much of what you have to say - but I can't get past your holier-than-tho attitude.

But don't pretend that I can't enjoy the sport because I'm riding a board that was made in 03.

Let me get this straight you cant get past the fact that I know what I am talking about and do so with athority.

And that I think your 6 year old snowboard is outdated and there is much better prodect????????

These are the things you want to discuss? Oh yea and you feel hurt that I think you would ride better on new gear.

MMMMMMKAY

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've never met, Bordy, and most likely never will.

And I'm certainly one of the too-much-time-on-their-hands poseurs who seems to frustrate you so. But, I've really enjoyed, and learned from, your many posts over the years.

Somebody has to be the pioneer who stirs things up and keeps em moving and makes that progress possible. You are certainly that!

Many thanks, good luck and best wishes

BB

I don't get frustrate when people obviously understand I am sharing, I get bothered when the post read as if I needed to be educated cuz I just don't know how much the poster rips or how good their board is etc. If you were that good I would know you, I am not bragging or boosting just stating the truth. I don't mean you in particular I mean anyposter.

And thanks for the kindness Its nice to know some folks get it. It is funny when ever I give advise its always easy, but as soon as i give a opinion it's bogus. And turns into a flam war. And lots of people do know or ride with me, they never "flame war" me. That why its easy to give crap back to thoose I don't know cuz I know they don't know once I read there post.

B2

The trouble is that you're authoritatively presenting the "new school" as the only school. Different strokes for different folks. We're all out there doing our own thing on the snow. What you're looking for is not what every carver is looking for.

I'm sure we'd both agree that riding "new-school" shapes and materials is a vastly different ballgame.

We'd also agree that often people talk big, about things they don't know much about, this is the internet. Nothing wrong with calling these people out.

It's like when you see someone riding 210cm straight skis. You may chuckle inside because you know the world they're missing. But don't tell them they're doing it wrong, before they've even asked you.

I do know that new gear can be a game changer, and affect wildly how well you ride. But I also know that this experience is my own, and other people have different expectations.

You're being just as bullheaded with your attitude as those who rave about their old wood burton being the best evar. As I said before, mostly I agree with you, just not your rhetoric.

Some people just love the lime light and can't stay away from it... They always come back for more. Like they say, no such thing as bad publicity.

ok... Bordy hasn't responded. I call flamebait. ;)

Spot on, had to wait for the responses to build a little bit. Classic Boardy thread - I've read my fair share of them...

<O:p

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21461

This thread is the best one.

Next is a Rossi 190, this board has been mounted for a photo shoot but never ridden. Its brand new. and a steal at $275.

Also is a nidecker boardercross stick, this thing is a bit older but still rips it has the shape that many of the madd boards were based off and a sick fast race base and carbon in the core, this was my team stock board and would make any carver a great allround softboot railer. $75

Wow, these sound like the boards that you just said suck in your first post....

I thought the nidecker was a ripper?

oh that's right, YOU'RE selling it... duh

Naw, Just love to see where the BOL board is currently at.

I am kind of stuck in the 80's, early 90's.

Can you ship me a new shape to demo? I promise I won't hit any rocks and we got a 1/4 of an inch of freshie last night.

Seriously Bordy I like to see the passion. Makes me want to try some stuff, which is why I was trying to make SES this year. I have fun on whatever, but anything I can do to have fun longer, easier is interesting and should be to everyone.

:lurk:

I am kind of stuck in the 80's, early 90's.

Can you ship me a new shape to demo? I promise I won't hit any rocks and we got a 1/4 of an inch of freshie last night.

Seriously Bordy I like to see the passion. Makes me want to try some stuff, which is why I was trying to make SES this year. I have fun on whatever, but anything I can do to have fun longer, easier is interesting and should be to everyone.

:lurk:

There is demo gear out there, Dave has some...

Sun valley is a great place to ride fast boards, we both no this.

There is demo gear out there, Dave has some...

Sun valley is a great place to ride fast boards, we both no this.

Oh yes it is.

Dave in SLC?

The only new stuff I see here is when out of towners come through.

I'll figure it out by next season. I really want a more versatile ride, that still suffers from extreme edge hold. :biggthump

Damn! You would think someone just told you guys the earth was flat!

Things change and sometimes it's a good thing. So there is new technology and it might be the greatest thing since sliced bread for a year or two. No one said you have to buy it, so what's the big deal? Ride what you have or step up to the plate every year, who cares?

PS, I'll take any POS 2-3 year old board you guys have. Send them to me right away, gratis of course! Now where's the picture of that 199mm waist again?

I have a vision of the future where there are no more alpine board companies in business because most of us were too in love with the past to support them.

What are you gonna do when every last hot logical and madd is finally nothing but dust ? Buy something new once in a while and consider it an investment in our collective alpine future. R&D costs to develop metal couldn't have been cheap, ask prior and yet they stuck with it after what appears to have been a ruinous first generation.

No one is being forced to get with the times, but if you think you " RIP " on your pj riding your totally rad iced out 200 vertical foot hill you might have something else coming. Prove yourself on the racecourse or pay respects to those who do. In the end whatever you think of racing and racers it's the friuts of their labor that brought us all this cool stuff.

Have a discussion about board technology long enough and someone will say " just go out and ride what you like maaan " what kind of mating call is this?

Don't have to love the messenger or the way it's presented, still ought to pay attention.

Wow brand new sticks for 275 and a used race stock team boarder cross stick for 75 bone.

What again was it you were bring to the thread that I sold gear here????/

That I offered a brand new race board shape with old tech for 275 while a brand new new school board cost 1500.

what is it that your saying cuz in the past i always remember you making comments but never about the thread just about me??/

Do you have a man crush or some thing??? I just don't get your post??

whatever, you're full of it, you just tried to off a bunch of burton gear that you so adamantly smash all the time.

you smash the people that say "Wow, i got a great deal on un-used burton gear and i'm stock piling it." according to you, those people hinder the sport and hold it back.

You're selling gear that you call crap now (old rossi, old nidecker, old burtons - according to you it doesn't matter if the stuff has never been ridden), but were singing a different tune in that thread.

You say people should buy new up to date gear so they don't have to "buy twice" because they bought old out dated gear (even if it was brand new). so, how're you helping the industry by offing your old junk to someone else or does it not apply anymore because it goes into your pocket?

as for what i offer to the industry, who cares, i'm not the one spouting off crap about how i do this and that and everything else for the industry... i'm calling you out because you say you do all this for the industry, then you come here and do something else of course with the intent of "I'm trying to get BOL in the know and up to date" with your say it as it is persona...

i'm not a racer, so you have nothing to offer me in my enclosed world of having fun as a recreational rider, at least not with your attitude. man crush on, you're too self absorbed to see any other posts other than ones that acknowledge you in some way...

whatever, you're full of it, you just tried to off a bunch of burton gear that you so adamantly smash all the time.

you smash the people that say "Wow, i got a great deal on un-used burton gear and i'm stock piling it." according to you, those people hinder the sport and hold it back.

You're selling gear that you call crap now, but were singing a different tune in that thread.

You say people should buy new up to date gear so they don't have to "buy twice" because they bought old out dated gear (even if it was brand new). so, how're you helping the industry by offing your old junk to someone else or does it not apply anymore because it goes into your pocket?

as for what i offer to the industry, who cares, i'm not the one spouting off crap about how i do this and that and everything else for the industry... i'm calling you out because you say you do all this for the industry, then you come here and do something else of course with the intent of "I'm trying to get BOL in the know and up to date" with your say it as it is persona...

i'm not a racer, so you have nothing to offer me in my enclosed world of having fun as a recreational rider, at least not with your attitude. man crush on, you're too self absorbed to see any other posts other than ones that acknowledge you in some way...

Oh yea I remember you. Thanks for stopping by...

Wow your right its so amaizing that the guy who says step in to the now knows what the then felt like cuz he owed or owns it. What do you think my quiver is all metal? thanks for keeping it real for the masses.

Sorry everyone, I have based where i am coming from on practical experance with hundreds of snowboards and some time i sell them but I have proof of it on line for the new kids and the skeptics... I also try to give newbies the gear they need at affordable prices hoping that some day they will progress into better gear, that however is going so good becuase the not so good gear stays cheap cuz it not so good. The new gear sits cuz it is good and cost money and most folks want to wait till its used and cheap again, Its called the ski industry, been in it for a bit now...

Thanks again.

Oh yea I just re read where you are "calling me out" good luck with that hope it works out?

I have a vision of the future where there are no more alpine board companies in business because most of us were too in love with the past to support them.

What are you gonna do when every last hot logical and madd is finally nothing but dust ? Buy something new once in a while and consider it an investment in our collective alpine future. R&D costs to develop metal couldn't have been cheap, ask prior and yet they stuck with it after what appears to have been a ruinous first generation.

No one is being forced to get with the times, but if you think you " RIP " on your pj riding your totally rad iced out 200 vertical foot hill you might have something else coming. Prove yourself on the racecourse or pay respects to those who do. In the end whatever you think of racing and racers it's the friuts of their labor that brought us all this cool stuff.

Have a discussion about board technology long enough and someone will say " just go out and ride what you like maaan " what kind of mating call is this?

Don't have to love the messenger or the way it's presented, still ought to pay attention.

Well put james i am just not as charming online huh....

People jumped when the TD line of bindings changes, Or the Catek line also....

OhOH I have got to get the new os3 and sell my os2. One is better then the other...

But say the same about a snow board and you a elitist prick...

New boards good.... old boards not anywhere near as good...

I cant get why, I say new boards good and every acts like their old board is broken. It worked great the year it was new, maybe even was the best race board of the day, now there is some thing better.

Oh yea I remember you. Thanks for stopping by...

Wow your right its so amaizing that the guy who says step in to the now knows what the then felt like cuz he owed or owns it. What do you think my quiver is all metal? thanks for keeping it real for the masses.

Sorry everyone, I have based where i am coming from on practical experance with hundreds of snowboards and some time i sell them but I have proof of it on line for the new kids and the skeptics... I also try to give newbies the gear they need at affordable prices hoping that some day they will progress into better gear, that however is going so good becuase the not so good gear stays cheap cuz it not so good. The new gear sits cuz it is good and cost money and most folks want to wait till its used and cheap again, Its called the ski industry, been in it for a bit now...

Thanks again.

Oh yea I just re read where you are "calling me out" good luck with that hope it works out?

Ok car salesman.

[bordy speaking]

Don't buy used... unless it's from me because i'm trying to help you out by offering you an affordable deal. This stuff still rips because it's coming from me and i used to ride it. It's good stuff, honest, i wouldn't sell crap on the market because i'm trying to advance the industry. But if someone else sells it, don't buy it because it's junk... It's ok for me to sell it because i'm pioneering the sport and rode it when it was brand new.

After that, make sure you buy new, as in last years or this year's model only (unless it's coming from me of course)... :flamethro[/bordy speaking]

Your priceless quote from an earlier post: "How many old school wood boards are on the podium at any upper level event. If you think its cuz they don't know how to ride a wood board as sick as you do then your probably correct......NOT". After reading posts on BOL and hardbootin' for 16yrs I am going to go out on a limb and say for most of us its not about podium appearences, its about carving the mounting and enjoying the ride. So by your standards we should all go out and purchase the Renn Tiger if we want to go fast??? I do want a metal board and I can't wait to ride one. But your senseless comments give you zero crediability. Think before you speak/write. :biggthump

I've read parts and bits of this.

I don't understand why so much talk about this. Of course if you are racing this is the way to go.

Definitaly metal boards are great.. my 2 metal coilers are amazing and they are my GOTO boards 90% of the time I will use them.

But.. I don't race and don't care about who's first on the podium.. all I care about is how much FUN I have and all I can say is that my MAdd 170 is amazing to ride also. I don't take it out often but when I do it's just so much fun. I'm not saying I'm ripping more than the other guy, I'm just saying it's FUN and from my point of view it's all that matters. I've tried other metal boards that I hated and were not fun to ride for me.

If a guy is having fun on a 2x4 that's fine with me !

Jack, Michelle, or Admin of unknown powers that be.....

Can we re-open the IT IS THE END OF THE SEASON AND BOARDY IS WHINING AGAIN forum?

It was great humor and all in good fun last year around this time when he "QUIT" and said " IM OUT"..... and the "I'm Leaving, (but not really) forum too

:biggthump

post-2724-141842279699_thumb.jpg

i for one welcome bordy's rants. good to see some **** disturbing & challenging of the status quo. if this niche is to survive & flourish, it's got to embrace progression. the current state of the art hardware (ie, surprisingly versatile & forgiving, yet ridiculously high performance) is a great step forward in making the sport more accessable to a larger audience, however the continued existance of the sport lies in the hands of a handful of micro builders. these guys decide alpine isn't worth the effort, or have to fold up altogether, and the sport dies along with them.

Don't worry about the sport the engineers and math profs will nevere get the upper hand as long as builders like bruce varsava has some mig wire and glue were all in good hands. refer to (20mscr post) I'd worry about people sitting here and talking about it rather than just doing it !!!!:AR15firin

Let me get this right, I post about there being new gear and you should all get into it cuz it will make riding easier and better for you all and the response i get are about my credability and rant etc selling gear???/

Keep on your BOL lifestyles....I'll keep on snowboarding

Alright guys I think we are done :smashfreasbrunh2.gif

We really don't want to turn Bordy way from BOL again. He adds some great value. Yeah, he's been cranky with is recent posts, who cares.

I know my Coiler is the best board I've ridden in 20 plus years. Yes I haven't been on a Kessler, SG, Oxess or Black Pearl. Am I curious, hell yeah.

Will I ever buy one probably not.

A lot of us will be getting cranky as the season is coming to an end. Well have the annual "I broke my board in spring mash potatoes" again soon. After that we'll need some interesting topics to keep us going.

let's move on folks this horse is dead.