Note to New Members ×

I forgot!!

Gtanner

My Jacket.

In the 25 years that I;ve been skiing and snowboarding, today was the first time I've forgotten anything more important than a pair of mits or goggles...I got to Whistler this morning and forgot my jacket!!! So I ended up renting a jacket...luckily it was actually nicer than my own jacket.

Anyway, what other dumb-ass things you have forgotten when you get to the hill...and what did you do to remedy the situation?

-Gord

I've forgotten my gloves a few times which is why I have several pair of cheap KMart gloves (KMart is 15 minutes from the resort versus 80 minutes), goggles (ussually just buy a cheap pair of sunglasses in that case), forgot my jacket twice (roughed it once, bought a thick hoody once), then there are the unforgivable times: forgot my boots once, and I've left my wallet at home a couple times too. That is end of day no fun right there.

I made it all the way to the Mt. Baker parking lot over Christmas before realizing that I had left my Arcteryx bibs at home in Vancouver, 2 hours away.

Luckily I was already wearing some Arcteryx Gamma LT softshell pants on my person.

I just sucked it up, dug out some old gaiters from the bottom of my bootbag to seal the gap between my Raichles and the pants, and had a chilly but awesome day.

I have also left gloves, socks, and even contact lenses behind on various trips. You make do, and keep on givin' er.

Geo

Haven't forgotten anything for snowboarding for a long long time but back in my skateboarding days I did. Drove all the way to the Pipeline Skatepark in Upland for a night session, 40 mile drive. Got to the skatepark, gloves? check, elbow pads? check, knee pads? check. Nike hightops, like Brad Bowman used to wear? check, helmet? check, SKATEBOARD? DOOH!!

Even if it's a day trip, I bring 2 of everything. Worst was my buddy forgot his condo key after 3hr drive in blizzard(normal 1.5hr drive) late at nite, no one to call to get in, tried credit card on lock,broke card, too cold, back in car,drove back....and back...served up whitewash upon arrival. But 18" fresh next morning was relief-but a VW Rabbit is not exactly a 4wheel drive monster

I forgot my jacket earlier this year. Had to ride in a fleece.

I lost my car keys once on the hill. I had to talk my wife into driving 3 hours in a snowstorm to come get me. It was Dec. 23 and no locksmith or tow truck was willing to come help me. Got the keys back in the spring and the remote worked fine.

pass yup

pants yup

boots yup

gloves yup

while living in whistler i made it from home in emerald to the summit with my glasses on....going for a hike with a bunch of crazy euro skiers

lost one contact lens twice

lost cell and camera in the woods 3 weeks ago

I have only lost a contact lens while riding once, just stopped and put it back in. (goggles). I haven't forgotten anything else. I guess once you get a routine down, it's less likely something could go wrong.

What years did you live in Whistler Chewy? I was there from 98' to 04'. I worked at a lot of different jobs though. Lift ops, lift line control, Delta Suites, Pan Pacific, Sea to Sky sec. to name a few.

later,

Dave R.

I was in Whistler for the winter of 99-00.

Worked as little as possible at base 2 as rental guy.

Cool, we probably crossed paths at some point, Merlins, Wiz grill, 18 below etc. Kim Vertifeuille (spelling?) was my boss that year, our office was right below your rental shop.

later,

Dave R.

At ECES 2006 at Sugarloaf, after 3+ hours of driving, I realized I had forgot my jacket.

Hopefully my 2nd layer is a "Windstopper" T-Neck, so I decided to stay like that for the day since it was almost spring weather.

But by 14h30, a blizzard came on Sugarloaf and I had to stop and shop at their local shop, bought a Spyder "Coach Jacket" ( the long one ) that I still love today.

For now on, I always keep my "Windstopper" T-Neck as a second layer

I could write a book about all the stupidass things I've forgotten or spaced out on, but the most embarrassing was when I was pumping gas and drove away from the pump with the pump still in my gas tank. It ripped the hose out of the machine and caused a huge geyser of gas spouting everywhere! I had to wait there for the cops to arrive and pay for all the spilled gas, but the worst was being on Hwy 40 on President's Day Saturday with thousands of cars driving by pointing at me. The gas station was owned by a Nepalese family and they were all running around screaming in Nepalese while the wife poured chemicals on the spill in her native dress. I can laugh about it now, but it freakin freaked me out!