Ses 2009

Paulk

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great shots so far!

I am really jealous.

Can someone please try and get some video footage of like 20-30 carvers carving up the hill at once. I have seen so many videos of one carver going down the hill, gets lame after a while.

Wish I could be there, shred it up!

It has been a hugh pleasure riding with all of you this week, tomorrow I depart to pick up my kids and ride with them at Winter Park for a few days. Thank to Fin and Michelle for all of their hard work to make this happen. Thanks to Chris, Sean, Frank, Alexis and Bruce for bringing their products to Aspen for everyone to enjoy. The new products available from all of these guys is the rusult of a tremendous amount of hard work and dedication to our fringe sport. It has been a fantastic SES with excellent snow and excellent weather. This one will go down in the record books. Until next year.

Think Snow

After a shaky tuesday, we hit highlands hard on wednesday. Great weather, good snow, and some new riders on the mountain(welcome back Thor)! We finished the day leaving our marks on "Suzy Q" with the german crew leading the charge until last chair and thanks to the Hardbooter.com crew for Apres ski at the ZG Grille. Rumor had it that there were several complaints about the ruts left in the snow that day..

Wednesday night was a hit, with McDougal cooking his famous Salmon dish for the house and a few guests. Staying at the BOMBER house has its perks:)

WE had a guest in the morning as we woke up...and those would be the boot liners that were recently replaced..

EDIT: For Sale: Size 27 thermoflex liners, only molded once. slight odor. best offer, email me.

post-520-14184227462_thumb.jpg

post-520-141842274622_thumb.jpg

post-520-141842274625_thumb.jpg

Bruce I hope you brought your press and tool and materails... I can't believe I got this message... how dare you:eek:

"Bruce Varsava" <info@coiler.com>

02/12/2009 07:32 AM PST

To

ShredGrummer.com

Subject

Out in the steep white office

Out at SES and returning Feb 15.

Unlikely to have email access so will handle any messages after I return

Bruce

The X1-G2 is ready to be built.. so you can start it there at the SES.. have a clinic session...Get er done.. :ices_ange

Right "O" said Shred

Hans, that's a great vid! thanks for posting.

That's a video I cut together from footage shot during this year's session. Thanks to some last minute arrangements with Fin it was screened at the banquet this evening and was well received by all :)

Thanks to all the great riders for providing me with such amazing source material. I have a lot of high-speed footage left over from the Session, so over the next few weeks I'll try to edit out all the individual riders and post the videos to YouTube. I'll also need help identifying the riders, so feel free to fill in the names in the Comments section of each video's page.

Hans, there's something wacky about the way the player is embedded in your post, at least with this browser. I'd like to direct people to the YouTube page here:

Thanks!

What a week! A huge thanks to Bomber for organizing this, and especially all the companies that bring demo equipment for us nuts to play with.

SES has a fun/family vibe that I've never really seen before. It's very infecting, I just can't stop smiling when I'm here. If you're even thinking about it, start saving money now - you won't be disappointed.

Big ups on the vid Jasonb.

The music flow and the vid move in perfect harmony. I almost got emotional, as if my inner child the was sleeping for many years and has finally awakened to go to his favorite theme park. I am definitly saving up money for next year. Thanks for the vid...sigh.

Here's some more, hope I got the name attributions right:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kobaq5dOHCI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kobaq5dOHCI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

...or... HQ version

Here is Johnasmo's latest work from the 2009 SES. He worked on the editing the entire 580 miles back to Idaho Falls. I only let him out of the car to pee and eat. We made it back to Idaho Falls this evening and are planning on riding Grand Targhee tomorrow.

The video you are about to watch is a tribute from the Montucky Men (Johnasmo & myself) to the fine gentlemen from "The Mistake on the Lake" (Cleveland, OH). PaulK, Helmut Karvlow and Mello Yellow.

The first song in the video was often sung by these fine carvers as they went gliding blissfully past. I guess they think Cleveland Rocks?! All of the video of PaulK was stabilized to further show his smooth style, although it also had to be sped up because he rides so slow.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnJZEhvvD2U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Day 6 final cut. The bluebird morning at Snowmass. It's no longer just the Dave Redman show; there's Steve (?) and a couple Euro PureBoarders in the second half.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvO5XZKiArA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvO5XZKiArA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Does Dave's butt look big in those pants? The camera adds five pounds...