Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Had to put down my mini van last night...

my neighbor decided to fall asleep at the wheel 200’ from her driveway. The Mini-van was on the street due to sidewalk replacement in my culdesac. I will miss her. However, I’m seeing a late model Benz wagon as a replacement. 

5911BAB9-D33E-4A7D-B043-80D3DBB0AB41.jpeg

• Sad 5

16 hours ago, yamifumi said:

I will be there this weekend (Sunday)!! This time we will be there early :p

Paging @inkaholic, I will bring the Rev 185 so just give it a go!

Really hoping to make it Sunday so I can test your Rev yami but I have been sick the last few days. Still feeling ugh and lethargic and breathing is a bit difficult. Will have to wait and see if I make it. 

Slopestar, sux about your minivan but glad none of you were hurt  

Ink

• Like 1

14 hours ago, inkaholic said:

Really hoping to make it Sunday so I can test your Rev yami but I have been sick the last few days. Still feeling ugh and lethargic and breathing is a bit difficult. Will have to wait and see if I make it. 

Slopestar, sux about your minivan but glad none of you were hurt  

Ink

Gotcha, i will bring it just in case. If i dont see you tomorrow, take care and get well soon :)

I spend a lot of time looking at the forecasts for my next day of riding, wondering if we will have a powder day a groomer day, or if we are going to have a melt down and hit the spring melt/freeze cycle. not that I can count on any forecast to be right, but it helps to have an Idea.....

So as early as midweek, today was shaping up to be an epic carving day, henceforth, I spent the last few days agonizing over , and vacillating on what I wanted to ride, The big Ass virus, or the turny  174 JJA cypress. I may have even lost sleep over what to do despite medicating, talk about first world problems

Alas, it was all for naught, checking the snow stake this am at 4:30, there was about 4'' of new..  Call the whambulance, another fucking tweenerday is at hand.  I threw both my monsters in the sled, and opted for the skinny "scalpel" 18cm waisted  monster as the days conveyance.  It was doing fine in about the 8" of blown in that I was riding, though when I found a 2' drift, somebody fired up the dive klaxons, and I promptly did yet another ostrich imitation.  

At some point, the dozen or so of us splintered into separate factions, and were allover the mountain, some went to the ridge, some stayed on reload, and some of us went over to 6, but most importantly, fun was had by all

Nice crew out today, with a mix of old friends and a few new: Moose, Yamifumi, and The Peons Champ. We where joined by our own Bionic man, Arneburner, as well as The long mia, MR. AWESOME!!!!, we didn't ride with him, but we did share a beverage with him in The Rat. Hopefully we will will see him on closing day for the BBQ that I am planning (Pulled Pork and pulled smoked beer butt chicken, coleslaw and beans,)  Bring your own beer, May 6th

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 4

I can’t complain. Going up ptarmigan I saw that it was empty and untracked. Got off the lift and clicked in while moving, not waiting for anybody on this. That was the best run all season. Truly bottomless untracked pow. 

Sorry to leave so soon. Got some sucky news that just ruined it for me. Couldn’t continue but I didn’t want to ruin the stoke for anybody else so I snuck out. 

See y’all next week. Maybe we’ll stop with all this snow and get a groomer day :smashfrea

• Sad 2

Looks like saturday is shaping up to be a 2ft pow day. Will any of you be at loveland on Saturday? I'll probably be there on friday. Not sure if i should go check out winter park or a basin on friday, but with all the snow in the forecast, i might just stick with loveland since it will be the closest to where i'm staying. (dillon)

• Like 1

I don't trust any forecast. Even one day out they have been known to miss on Loveland. Look at this last Sunday. We expected a mondo groomer day and got 4"-6" (poor us, I know).

That being said, late April to early May we do get awesome dumps.  I'll be keeping my eyes peeled on this one. If this is real I'll be there.

Looks like saturday morning will be a nice pow day.

Around what time should i plan on arriving in order to make sure i get a parking spot on weekends? I'm staying about 20 minutes away on the other side of the tunnel. I'm a morning person when it comes to carving. :-D

A few questions since i'm still trying to decide which resorts i want to ride on different days

- I'm assuming food is offered up for sale at loveland? Bfast and Lunch?

- Is the parking lot safe? Can i leave a spare board inside the car without fears of someone breaking a window?

- If i decide to do loveland tomorrow, what are the go-to runs? I usually just follow the groom, but appreciate any tips

- How does a-basin compare to loveland?

- Should i even bother trying breck? i was thinking of doing winterpark at some point, but i'd rather not go through that mountain road leading up to it. I heard parking is a nightmare at breck and that resort is so big i'm afraid i'll waste a good few hours just figuring out where the good runs are. 

- Food is offered at Loveland. It is really cheap (compared to the other resorts).

- Yeah. Safe. No matter where in Loveland you park. But you should be getting here early.

- The lifts for all of the carving runs are 1, Ptarmigan, 6.

--1. Richards/Mambo. You can take Spillway or Catwalk from the top of 1 to these runs

-- Ptarmigan: Firebowl --> turtlecreek or Firecut

-- 6. Right underneath the lift... perhaps the run to the right (getting off the lift) as well.

- For carving Abasin is worse than Loveland IMO.

- No. Don't try Breck.

Oh wait. I'll be at Loveland tomorrow. I'll show you around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Odd Job said:

- Food is offered at Loveland. It is really cheap (compared to the other resorts).

- Yeah. Safe. No matter where in Loveland you park. But you should be getting here early.

--1. Richards/Mambo. You can take Spillway or Catwalk from the top of 1 to these runs

-- 6. Right underneath the lift... perhaps the run to the right (getting off the lift) as well.

- No. Don't try Breck.

Awesome. I'll try to be there early. Pm me and we can exchange contact info. 

3 hours ago, Odd Job said:

- No. Don't try Breck.

Can you explain why he should not try Breck Juhwan?!

3 hours ago, b.free said:

Can you explain why he should not try Breck Juhwan?!

I would imagine because most of it is closed and it's closing weekend. From their website: "As of Monday the 16th, terrain on Peaks 6, 7, 9 (except the Silverthorne trail and Lower Sawmill) and 10 will be closed for the season."

Fun times today with @Odd Job We left around 2 since the snow started to come down hard, visibility went to shit and we were worried about road conditions. I make it over to dillon and just after the tunnel, it's sunny blue skies. 

I'll be there again tomorrow early, assuming road conditions are ok and the tunnel isn't closed

• Like 2

i wanted to go tomorrow but between my totaled car and insurance baffoons coupled with a backed up sewer drain, tequila seems to be the best alternative. I even have a new Saber to demo. See you ladies on Sunday 

Edited by slopestar
  • Like 1