Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

5 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

We had a slow night at work so I got the urge to take some pow turns between shifts. Now I'm indefinitely stuck on the wrong side of Vail pass. That's what I get for dreaming. Rip it up for me!

And we did.....

• Like 2

20 hours ago, big mario said:

And we did.....

Sooo - how was it? Reports from Keystone on Saturday said 2 feet of powder in places. 

Overheard at the Wedge Bar: They're replacing Lift #1 with a detachable lift. Anyone else have details?

• Like 1

Official literature from Loveland is: "There is also a major upgrade scheduled for this summer. Lift 1 will be replaced by a detachable high-speed quad and will be ready to go for the start of the 2018/19 season." Sent in their Season Pass promotional email. 

I am finally planning on joining LCI this Sunday! Hoping for great groomer carving weather... but I guess I won't complain if it just keeps snowing! This weekend was fun - all softboot surfing for me though!

Meet you guys in the upstairs before the lifts open on Sunday! If it's nice I think I may bring my real camera and capture some shots from the day at some point. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnE said:

Sooo - how was it? Reports from Keystone on Saturday said 2 feet of powder in places. 

Overheard at the Wedge Bar: They're replacing Lift #1 with a detachable lift. Anyone else have details?

It was good when you could see, but it got cut up really quick, with high levels of douchebaggery.  One dimensional skier Geoff surmised that there was a bunch of summit county 4 pack holders that showed up for the day.( no offense to those from summit that are not of the bro/brah tribe) There were even people over on my lawn, which rarely happens.  They got another 10 1/2 overnight, the dude is up there today

At this time of the season it dumps and then very quickly melts/compacts. Don't expect to be riding powder.

7 days out nobody can make any kind of useful prediction but my money is on somewhat firm groom. Doubly good for us because it scares the pow folks away.

• Like 1

Loveland just got about 20" over the weekend. The snow conditions were pretty great prior to the snowfall. It's supposed to be pretty warm this week and we might get into the thaw/freeze cycle. But as of today, I'd say conditions might be about the best of the season. 

I'm planning on going this Thursday. I will have first hand account on Friday. 

27 minutes ago, JohnE said:

Loveland just got about 20" over the weekend. The snow conditions were pretty great prior to the snowfall. It's supposed to be pretty warm this week and we might get into the thaw/freeze cycle. But as of today, I'd say conditions might be about the best of the season. 

I'm planning on going this Thursday. I will have first hand account on Friday. 

Hopefully good condition last until Sunday....... Rather be packed groom than powder for me. I don't have powder board

Things are shaping up rather nicely for the weekend, with temps dropping  and snow Thursday through  Saturday, with 8-18 from forecast from opensnow. the higher sun angle will consolidate things pretty nicely, should be a good carving day on sunday, Saturday should be more of a dust on crust type of day. I cant speak for yesterdays snow , but the last few storms have been pretty wet, despite the tendency to leave even bigger trenches than normal, the snow has been pretty supportive for carving boards

mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 11:04 AM, moose said:

Official literature from Loveland is: "There is also a major upgrade scheduled for this summer. Lift 1 will be replaced by a detachable high-speed quad and will be ready to go for the start of the 2018/19 season." Sent in their Season Pass promotional email. 

I'll bet that they will sell off the old Lift #1 chairs. They seem to go pretty fast from other areas. There should be 80 - 90 of them. Regular Lift #1 guys should know exactly how many. 

1 hour ago, big mario said:

Things are shaping up rather nicely for the weekend, with temps dropping  and snow Thursday through  Saturday, with 8-18 from forecast from opensnow. the higher sun angle will consolidate things pretty nicely, should be a good carving day on sunday, Saturday should be more of a dust on crust type of day. I cant speak for yesterdays snow , but the last few storms have been pretty wet, despite the tendency to leave even bigger trenches than normal, the snow has been pretty supportive for carving boards

mario

so I am assuming it could be packed and groomed? I really hope it is, I just want to carve some good runs!!

6 hours ago, yamifumi said:

so I am assuming it could be packed and groomed? I really hope it is, I just want to carve some good runs!!

Right now it's looking like a storm on Friday with cooler temps on Saturday followed by a nice warm day on Sunday. It could be VERY good. If it stays cool enough on Saturday everyone could be in for a treat Sunday morning. I'm super bummed I can't attend. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yamifumi said:

8"-18" Fresh... 22* high Saturday... clearing overnight... sunny and warmer Sunday?

Sounds like a recipe for sweet groomers and sunburned teeth!    :eplus2:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Colozeus said:

booking a trip for the weekend of the 21st. Can anyone hook me up with a buddy pass or two for loveland? 

loveland.JPG.f3d02b377ae4cba36d711cc721253c27.JPG

Katie and I will be there... Sunday at least. Just arrive before 8 am and look for the weirdest looking crew at the top of the stairs 

1 hour ago, Colozeus said:

Can anyone hook me up with a buddy pass or two for loveland? 

Pretty much any of us will. Like @slopestar said, go to the second floor, the wedge bar, look towards the windows, yell "weird snowboarders". Works every time.

As said, before 8am cause we usually trundle down to the cars to get boards, goggles, makeup, etc...

• Like 1

Pretty good day yesterday (but not as good as weeks prior). Firm groom. Anything not groomed was frozen lumpy stuff. WINDY. Even by Loveland standards. Lifts 8 & 9 never opened. Ptarmigan was on slow & go most of the day and shut down for a couple of hours. I checked with a guy at the desk at the end of the day and he said gusts were recorded at 70mph. Any snow not packed down wound up in Bakerville.  

While waiting for my breakfast to be cooked it occurred to me that my folks first brought me to Loveland to ski 50 years ago. I mentioned this to a regular and he commented "Wow - you must have seen a lot of changes". I thought a bit and said "Compared to other places - not so much".