Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Late reply: Sunday.  Cold.  Very cold. Seriously cold. Windy. Snowing.

It was around 3 deg  in the morning and got upto a balmy 7deg in the afternoon. Visibility did improve as the day went on but it was riding by braille most of the time.

I spent the day on a Donek Nomad, chasing a skier around the mountain. The runs either side of chair 8 were the best. Coming down Scrub, not much fun. 

Returning from chair 8 to the base area via "the face" was the worst decision of the day. That run is just nasty. 

Right on yamifumi, see you soon. 

18 hours ago, yamifumi said:

Hello all!

Some of the carvers are coming to Loveland on 3/11. John E said that there is carver crew that hangs out on Sundays??

It would be awesome to meet more carvers!

We are just a group of goofballs who (many) ride big boards. I don’t know if I would call us “carvers” though. 

Ink

• Like 2

Sunday funday today, small crew out, DT, inky, CM, Dusty Bottle Erazz and mysely. Played around on some low anglr stuff today and had a blast. Rode the flamingo frecarve, today, which decided to take flight at one point, leading to an inadvertent inversion, and a 1 point landing on my head.  Time for a new lid.  Good times.  Ink neglected to hit the record button while this transpired,, i really would have liked to have seen  how long i was in the air, cause i was able  to have a complete conversation with myself while waiting to land.  Spring breakers are starting to filter in hoping that it will be light this year due to a down snow year, though conditions at the luv are awesome right now

1CEE0D17-FED3-4B98-A210-BC5FC624B5F4.mov

Edited by big mario
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Colozeus said:

how are the resorts around the keystone area doing? I'm in the process of booking another trip for the week after the 16th of march and debating if i should do aspen or stay at keystone and drive to check out a few resorts. Thoughts?

Went to Keystone yesterday. Snow is very firm with random patches of ice. Unless they get some snow, it is not good carving. Abasin and Loveland  snow is much better!

On 08.03.2018 at 9:12 AM, arneburner said:

Went to Keystone yesterday. Snow is very firm with random patches of ice. Unless they get some snow, it is not good carving. Abasin and Loveland  snow is much better!

Are you kidding Arne? I don't know which part of Keystone you were riding, but today Keysone is amazing! Grooms are perfect! I thinks today is one of the best days of the season over here.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:12 AM, b.free said:

Are you kidding Arne? I don't know which part of Keystone you were riding, but today Keysone is amazing! Grooms are perfect! I thinks today is one of the best days of the season over here.

Chris and I were on every run off the River Run Gondola. We both thought the conditions sucked after the first few runs. 

I’ll give it a shot.

Mario, James, Ink, Odd Job, Arne, Lance and Katie, Aaron and Rachel, yamifumi and his crew and Ryan and Kristen. 

Day started off slow and then just became fun. Everybody was having a blast. Just another awesome day at the luv. 

• Like 5

Fun? Understatement. Legal? Jury's out. Those in attendance? An excellent gaggle of hooligans from near and far! Saw more smiles and heard more panting of "Let's do that one again", than I can remember. In spite of the occasional pocket of soft snow, Lovey gave us a rare and fabulous day of sunshine and lack of breeze. Even the out of state, Carharrt-clad interlopers seemed lighter than usual. Lots of hoots and "Whoa, check it out." from the lifts above and pondered starting an autograph line for Ryan. Despite a few slopeside near misses, everyone departed the Rat with only silly grins and sore muscles. Great to see Rachel again and meet Kristen. And thoroughly enjoyed meeting and riding with the visiting NM crew of Yamifumi, Brad and Davey!

Hope to see everyone again soon!

Until next week...

James

Edited by Dusty Bottle
Avoiding the obligatory run-on sentence
  • Like 4