Note to New Members ×

Things of Beauty

Jack M

10 years.

What boot did that for you? They sure don't owe you anything!

Burton Fire. Technically the first pair cracked after two seasons and they sent me another pair on warranty. I'd still be using them (with Thermoflex and orthotics of course) but the ride/walk/fwd-lean/flex doohickey on my rear boot finally broke last year.

I feel I am becoming quite anal as I just purchased a red Orage jacket... you know, just to stay in sync with the color of the new gear.

The TD3s with medium e-rings, the T700s, and the BTS with blue springs are freakishly color coordinated.

Burton is the greatest company in the History of Snowboarding.

2nd only to Bomber Industries of course. Yeah, they didn't have to replace the boots as they were a full year out of warranty, but they knew it was an issue with bogus plastic.

very nice stuff.

Regarding the color: In some areas in germany french fries come always with Ketchup and Mayonaise in combination. It is common slang to order just "rot/weiss" (german for red/white) and you get fries with mayo and ketchup. Since Deeluxe have released the track 700 they are called pommes rot / weiß or just rot / weiß.

Hmmm, I wonder what is happening now with the new UPZ boot:freak3:

I think I'm gonna hurl.....

Nice new boots, way too pretty though....need some blood, toil, tears and sweat. ( and possibly some maine mud )

I started using my NOS burton wind boots last year and finally got them broken in ( stock liners) and I FREAKING LOVE THEM. I hope they last as long as yours.

Hey, with thermos there is no "break-in" right?

Hey, with thermos there is no "break-in" right?

Correct. Get some.

Nice set up!:1luvu:

Watch out though, BTS, wide boards, any more than that you may be asked to become a moderator for the dark side EC forum!!

I don't think they'd have me, my board's "only" 21cm wide. Plus I refuse to shave my armpits.

On a more serious note, does Fin send these out with the BTS already installed? My boots are starting to show wear also.

No. Installation was a snap. Just use a hammer and a nail punch and pliers.

I don't think they'd have me, my board's "only" 21cm wide.

Hehe :) took you 5 years to go from 18.5 to 21cm...we'll wait 5 more until you cross the last 2,5cm line :)...

Anything under 20 is a skwal ;) jk

Beautiful set up btw i think i need to try those AF700 one day !

N

Burton is the greatest company in the History of Snowboarding.

Burton (Austria)replaced my reactors after 3 years(way out of warranty) of owning them just because i asked them to send me a buckle that had broke! (because the dealers here in GREECE didn't have any spare parts and wouldn't order either!)

After 2 years the left boot of the new pair of red-blue winds they send me took in water from the rubber thing at the bottom of the tong and near the toe and i asked if the could just send me the rubber thing,they told me to send the boots to Austria and again they send me a new pair of winds (the green clear ones).

Last year the winds plastic lock of the lean mechanism broke (i glued a nut inside the hole and put a screw to keep them locked) and also cracked at the tong and on the shell between the second and third buckle and i tried to epoxy them but it cracked next to the crack i glued i think because of the stiffness the glue caused so i drilled 2 little holes and i still ride them!

It's too bad that Burton stopped making hard boots because i think that with the one pair that i had bought from them 12 years ago they would still be sending me new boots even if i just sent them and e-mail and told them that my boots had a little scratch!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Jack/BMJ: do you also notice a little side to side movement in the heelreceiver stepin TD3 when you are locked in?? I have about 1 mm movement side to side in my heel receiver stepin (TD3) with the Fin Tec heel. I think it's normal?!

Some pics

post-105-141842268596_thumb.jpg

post-105-1418422686_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...