Note to New Members ×

Freecarver Banned???? Vanished???

Hans

I was looking in the classifieds yesterday evening because there were a nice bunch of secondhand to almost nearly new boards for sale from Freecarver. Can't PM him anymore, also the topic of his boards is gone. Where the hell is he?

Okay, I can see I can send him a PM. I know he has smow boards he has never ridden, are that new boards???? then he can't put in the classifieds???

Well I don't understand the rules then: If you are the first buyer of a board from a shop or from the classifieds here and you sell it unridden, then it isn't new anymore. Or am I mistaken?? I know in the topic stood a Coiler AM that he bought from another guy here from the classifieds, but he never rode it himself.

Okay, I can see I can send him a PM. I know he has smow boards he has never ridden, are that new boards???? then he can't put in the classifieds???

Well I don't understand the rules then: If you are the first buyer of a board from a shop or from the classifieds here and you sell it unridden, then it isn't new anymore. Or am I mistaken?? I know in the topic stood a Coiler AM that he bought from another guy here from the classifieds, but he never rode it himself.

if a board is never ridden it is new and shouldnt be sold here. if you have bought it used and the original owner rode it but you didnt post away, it is not new.

use the analogy of what would be acceptable in a brick and mortar store that allowed consignment. you wouldnt walk in and try to sell a competing product to what the store sold, would you?

if a board is never ridden it is new and shouldnt be sold here. if you have bought it used and the original owner rode it but you didnt post away, it is not new.

use the analogy of what would be acceptable in a brick and mortar store that allowed consignment. you wouldnt walk in and try to sell a competing product to what the store sold, would you?

These rules are impossible. Kick me off your list now, I don't want to play in this sandbox anymore. :AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin

:eplus2:

I am going to disagree with the logic here TT, if i sell someone a board new it is under warranty and such from the manufacturer... if they never ride it and decide sell it to someone else the warranty is now void (because the manufacturer only warranties to the first buyer from the shop).. and then chances are the board is non-current...so it is doubtful to be competing with new boards... because i can't imagine someone buying a new board for full price and then turn around and sell it for less... and if they do well, that's just plain stupid!....just my 2cents though!

/\/\/\/\

That may be logical, but that's not really the point. The rules say no new stuff. Until such time as Bomber changes the rules, it doesn't really matter if we think its a silly rule. Plus you can always petition the boss to let you post your NOS or other special board thats "new." If he says yes, then your board is OK. If not, well its his sandbox. We just get to play in it.

/\/\/\/\

That may be logical, but that's not really the point. The rules say no new stuff. Until such time as Bomber changes the rules, it doesn't really matter if we think its a silly rule. Plus you can always petition the boss to let you post your NOS or other special board thats "new." If he says yes, then your board is OK. If not, well its his sandbox. We just get to play in it.

well said.

I am going to disagree with the logic here TT, if i sell someone a board new it is under warranty and such from the manufacturer... if they never ride it and decide sell it to someone else the warranty is now void (because the manufacturer only warranties to the first buyer from the shop).. and then chances are the board is non-current...so it is doubtful to be competing with new boards... because i can't imagine someone buying a new board for full price and then turn around and sell it for less... and if they do well, that's just plain stupid!....just my 2cents though!

i think you are missing the goal of the rule. the point is so that the bomber online store is not undercut on their own forum. make sense?

agree with sinecure, that it is fin's sandbox and therefore his rules... just IMHO it's not undercutting the store since you are losing the benefit of buying from the store b/c you lose the warranty and service provided by the store...

Yes and no, IMHO...

Take Bomber bindings for example. It would seem that the only part that is not available separately for sale is the main plate. Anything else breaks, just buy a new part. Now I applaud Fin for his 5 year warranty - for two reasons: 1) standing behind his product like an absolute champ 2) Being smart enough to understand that he *can* warranty them for 5 years with very little risk of it costing him any real money, since when a part fails he just needs to replace that part. But the truth is, The warranty on TD's is worth relatively little in a monetary sense to the customer in that just about any part can be replaced for a nominal cost and the one part that cannot, is virtually undamageable.

I'm paying Fin a compliment here - for designing his product in such a manner that warranty issues are not costly to him!

In any case since the warranty on TD's has relatively little monetary value (even if it does have value in terms of confidence in Bomber etc) means that someone selling them on the classifieds for less is definitely undercutting him.

For boards, different story since a warranty issue generally means replacing the board. But if an individual says "I'll accept the risk of not having a warranty to pay 40% the price - heck, I'm more likely to break it through my own fault than have a workmanship or materials failure" then it's still undercutting Fin.

no "new" stuff ?

Thats like saying NEW OLD STOCK is illegal for restoration project FORD car owners.....

hahah.

I have a few boards that are "used" but still "Brand new".

Its akin to buying a brand new car...... as soon as you sign the bill and drive it off the NEW CAR LOT..... its now considered USED and "pre-owned" if you sell it.... even if it sat in a garage for 10 years under the 100000 mile warn-tee with only 3 miles on the Odo.

Its all in the wording of the classified, and I cant blame a "retailer" for making a rule for selling a product and not want someone to come on to the forum they are good enough to put up and then "sell" the same products that the site owner is selling.

Thats just poor form and a slap in the face of the Forum /store owners face.

OR is it just good ol' american undercutting the highballer business>?

LOL.

Originally Posted by Sinecure viewpost.gif

/\/\/\/\

i agree with that, on another note, i have only been a BOL member for almost a year and from what i have seen so far, it seems to me that in most cases if you ask Fin first, he will let you post your NOS on BOL

just show him the courtesy and give him the respect he deserves by asking and most likely he will respect you back and allow you to sell your staff, and if you write on your description that you have Fin's permission everybody else will read it and get the idea

i agree with that, on another note, i have only been a BOL member for almost a year and from what i have seen so far, it seems to me that in most cases if you ask Fin first, he will let you post your NOS on BOL

This is true.

just show him the courtesy and give him the respect he deserves by asking and most likely he will respect you back and allow you to sell your staff, and if you write on your description that you have Fin's permission everybody else will read it and get the idea

I am impressed that an 18-month member recognizes this and dismayed that some seasoned veterans of the forum have posted advice for people to circumvent the rules with less than truthfully worded ads. :(

Also, in 20 years of snowboarding I have exercised the warranty on a board exactly once, so that's not really an argument for what makes a board "new".

Jack, not sure if your reply was aimed at myself (or someone else) as my post was highly sarcastic in nature, but just for the record I'm 110% in agreement with the "no-NEW gear" rule. If it is something that Bomber sells, then don't post it, or ask first.

My comment about the wording perhaps was taken as a way to circumvent the rule when in fact I was being snarky and pointing out that a less than respectful sellers' intent can be covered up by twisting the definition of "new".

Kind of a "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" sort of way that those tv commercials for Geico auto insurance show a car that is getting washed down stream in a hurricane flood is listed as "reciently detailed" (aka: cleaned and completely restored by an insurance flood claim), Thats all. :biggthump

What a smartass. The Coiler and the Tanker are brand new for sure. Makes his crying like a baby even more bothersome.

Someone should pull the link above. Sorry jussio.

This from his ad.

Coiler AM 172 Titanal Custom SCHTUBBY,2008.

As New Condition.

Ridden only "Twice"

Remove me from this thread immediately. I can't stand to be associated with people who are trying to end around my favorite company.

:eplus2::eplus2::eplus2:

I fully agree and accept rule on For sale section, but what is really ammount board to fill rules?

It looks that "ridden twice" is not fine but "****" is ok. I'm not trying to bash any add or person here so lets not go that way.

But i must admit that i dont get logic with deletions.

I fully agree and accept rule on For sale section, but what is really ammount board to fill rules?

It looks that "ridden twice" is not fine but "board being on mountain once" is ok. I'm not trying to bash any add or person here so lets not go that way.

But i must admit that i dont get logic with deletions.

The rules are very clear. They say "never ridden".

freecarver finally explained and showed reasonable enough proof that the Coiler actually has 5 runs on it. He bought it used from the person who put those 5 runs on it, but never used it himself. That's why his original ad said never ridden, and is why we deleted it.

We've hugged and kissed via email, so all is good!

Next thing you know you'll be asking people to back up their claims on here! It is all down hill after that!

:eek:

And that is a very slippery slope. Some on here think I know what I am talking about, then it turns out I am old ( feeling), fat and nearly crippled. And if I can reach my toe piece to clip in that is a good day.

Why do you think I am looking for step ins.