Note to New Members ×

Look at the front page...

tex1230

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the TD3 E-Ring is thicker than TD2, the toe & heel blocks are thinner. This will keep the overall stack height nearly the same for TD2 & TD.

That's nice. That makes it even more interesting to keep the TD2 and upgrade with the lower profile blocks from the TD3. Pitty Michelle couldn't say/tell me when spareparts or kits for the TD3 would be available through the website.

Will you be able to adjust stance angles without moving the heel/toe blocks if you run smaller sized boots?

Yep, very important question - do *any* of the conveniences get compromised if one has small feet? I have size 25 boots, and with TD2's had to flip toe and heel blocks around, and still had to move the blocks to access the plate-to-disk screws. It was never a show stopper but it did get annoying.

The TD3 looks very slick and not needing to take it apart to remove it is a HUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE plus. Even better, your stance angles don't get messed up when you remove it!

sooooooo I have regular TD2 now.

If I get a set of TD3 will I also need to convert the heelplate on the TD2s to accept a heel reciever, or can I just get the TD3 with normal bails on front and back ?

I really just don't trust the heel step ins.

then agan, the toebail keeps opening up on my rear foot too on the TD2s so it must be an adjustment issue..... so its a catch 22.

Although the TD3 E-Ring is thicker than TD2, the toe & heel blocks are thinner. This will keep the overall stack height nearly the same for TD2 & TD.

*sigh of relief* I'm glad they're still the same height. I'd love to see an even thinner E-ring as an option...I love being as low as possible on the board. All of the other details are very thoughtful and user-friendly, though. Good job!

*sigh of relief* I'm glad they're still the same height. I'd love to see an even thinner E-ring as an option...I love being as low as possible on the board. All of the other details are very thoughtful and user-friendly, though. Good job!

Same here. The height is my biggest problem with the TD2's. I love the low height (and light weight) of my Burton raceplates. If I can swap the heel and toe blocks on my TD2's for the shorter new ones, that might be nice option.

Oh yeah, colors? Is it red only or can we get rainbow or tie dye or something? In my enthusiasm, I completely forgot about color...

I thought the same things... I'm not the biggest fan of the red and yellow on the front page. It wouldn't be enough to keep me from getting the bindings, but I would rather have all the metal parts be the same color.

Same here. The height is my biggest problem with the TD2's. I love the low height (and light weight) of my Burton raceplates. If I can swap the heel and toe blocks on my TD2's for the shorter new ones, that might be nice option.

...that would be like the 1" lower kit for you car! Zoom, zoom!

I don't want to be a pessimist, but I think the bail stops may be a problem. We've all been in a lift line and lost your balance while you're standing with just your front leg clipped in. How will the pivot point and the stop itself react from you stomping on while you regain your balance? I guess time will tell. I know these have probably been tested on hill and this issue addressed. It probably has enough length in the through pin to allow the bail to "spring" outside the stop, at least that's the way that I would design it.

later,

Dave R.

Lots of great questions here, and Jack is correct I am on the road right now so stick with me.

The new TD3 E-rings are compatible with the current Cant Disks. But if you want to run the new TD3 E-rings on a TD2 (and you can) you do need the taller TD3 Center Disk and long mount screws.

Weight differences to come soon.

Dave Morgan is correct (go figure) the height of the TD3 is the same as the TD2. Even though the new E-Ring is thicker by 4mm, we lowered the height of the sole block by 4mm.

Yes, the new TD3 steel heel receiver is compatible with the TD2 base plate. BUUUUT there is a small height difference between the new heel receiver and the TD2 sole block it is pretty darn small and so far has not been an issue in action of the step-in.

Jeffrey, the relation of the sole blocks to the base plate screws is the same as the TD2. So at the small boot setting, there may be some overlap.

Keenen, yes, bindings are sold in sets of their model. So the TD3 step-in comes with two step-in bindings.

Dave ESPI: not sure what you are asking, can you explain?

Removing of the middle of the Base Plate does not make it dangerous. However, as Dave mentioned, it is an excellent drink holder. Non-alcoholic for Dave.

The picture on the website is the final production version.

The new hard-stops for the bails are machined into the sole blocks themselves. They are actually "cupped" to catch the profile of the Lugs to they will not move past the stop in anyway. We have beat the holy %$#@ out of these stops with no issues.

OK, once I get back I will write up a nice FAQ on all of this to help answer more of the questions and the more that are most likely to come. Also, we plan to put up parts and more photos on the website in the next few weeks.