Mont Tremblant Gathering

yyzcanuck

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got back from a weekend at Mont Blanc and here are my impressions for those thinking of riding and/or staying there.

Carving: Very carve friendly resort. There are a couple of nice wide cruisers on the Mont Blanc side (Geant being the best) and a really nice one on the North Side. Name escapes me right now but it's left off the chair and then a sharp left. Vert is advertised as 1000' but I think that is measuring right down to the highway. It felt more like 750'. Similar to the Collingwood resorts. Not a lot of runs there though. After two days, I was getting a little bored.

Lots of company in hard boots. I saw a lot of them. Even rode the lift with an instructor riding a Kessler SL board.

Very short lift lines even on the weekend. I waited 5 minutes max. Chairs are really slow though.

As for crowds, only the green run called Yodel was crowded. The rest of the runs were pretty much wide open.

Lodging: The hotel could not be more conveniently located. I could see the main lift out of my window. The rooms are clean and basic. Like a decent Holiday Inn. All the rooms seem to have a fridge (not mini-bar) which is a nice bonus. No extra furniture (ie. chairs or a table). We tried to get a table and chairs for a card game but they were non-existent.

Beds are not that great. A little soft and not that supportive. The real negative though is if you have an active neighbour above you. Apparently the builder didn't think to sound proof the flooring so every footstep above you resonates through your unit. No Wifi or in-room Internet but they have a free Internet connected computer in the lobby.

The restaurant is great. I was very happy with the meals. I would say they were near-gourmet. Service and portions were very good. 3 stars out of 5.

I recommend the Mont Blanc Hotel there if you go for the meal/lodging package and if you get a top floor unit or a guarantee that the unit above you is empty or goes to bed before you. If you're a light sleeper or if you don't need the meals, you might try elsewhere.

Hi folks!

I know I'm kind of chiming in a bit late, but I'm entertaining the idea of going up for the SQS!

How difficult is it going to be for me to find a plce to stay? Are things booking up already? I noticed Ernie00 had posted some links for area hotels that I'll look at when I get home tonight. Thanks Ernie for doing that!

Sounds like it'll be a good time. Hopefully I can make something work!

it would be awesome if you came up and rode with us... we haven't booked anything eyt but we are thinking since it is the end of the season it won't be too bad.... I am working on an Apres or dinner for either sat or sunday b/c we just got a whole box of goodies from deeluxe and have lots of t-shirts to give away too! come up.... free t-shirt, that should be worth the trip alone!:1luvu:

I am trying to work on this but have some logistic kinks to work out.. stay tuned.. hopefully i will have more soon...

Also, trying to put together an Apres so we can all be in the same place and we can give away some goodies from us and from Deeluxe!

So the question is: who is actually staying for Sunday night? This would be my preferred night to arrange something but if most everyone is going home after riding then that changes things!

Please post and let me know if you will be staying!

Thanks.

So as it turns out I won't be joining you all for a wonderful weekend of carving. I broke my ankle while riding this morning and will be out of commission for the balance of the season.

That being said, If I can get into a walking cast by the time this rolls around I may still drive up and join you all for an apres ski!

Hope you all have a great time and leave some trenches for me!

Fri..... apres...no idea....

sat....the bar at Mont Blanc is big, clean and close(0 meters from the slopes) (who drives a half hour to another resort to have a beer after a day of riding)

sun...ill be at the cariboo

HI Chewy, i think you have the days mixed up. Sat. we will be at Mt Habitant, so people won't want to go up to Mt Blanc for apres... Sunday riding at Mt Blanc and then Tremblant on Monday....

I am having a hard time finding a place around Habitant for an Apres on Saturday(the hill already has their passholder appreciation party so they said no) and agree that no one wants to go far... anyone in the area have any suggestions?

Also wondering how many people are plannig on riding on Monday? I am trying to get a deal on lift tickets but really do need some real numbers!

i was rereading chewy and thought maybe i was crazy when i read your post... then i saw you edited it! :smashfrea

Okay can people give me yes/no about staying until Monday because maybe we do a group Apres on Sunday at Mt Blanc and everyone is on their own for saturday?

Dave and Andrea

are you staying until alpine races are done?

We're hoping to. not sure if we can stretch it to Wed.

Racing schedule is up.

for those that are gathering to volunteer and or spectate.

alpine races aren't until Tuesday and Wednesday

OVERALL EVENT SCHEDULE

Monday, March 30 - PGS Training

Tuesday, March 31 - PGS competition

Wednesday, April 1 - PSL competition / Halfpipe Training

Thursday, April 2 - HALFPIPE competition

Friday, April 3 - Snowboarcross Training

Saturday, April 4 - SNOWBOARDCROSS competition

For anyone staying past the Monday at Tremblant the spring season pass is now on sale. $115 for March 23rd till season end. I'm booked in for the March26th to April 5th and April 9th to 12th. Currently season is scheduled to end on the 12th.

//Paul

hey Paul

the spin pass is only available to those whose postal code begins with

G, H, J & K. can't buy it the honest way. but I'll see if I can use the address of my father-in-law to get around the rules.

I've run into the same problem before with Tremblant deals. good if you live where they want you to live.

thanks for the info

Rob

It would be great to ride with some locals. I attended the SES in Aspen for the second year running and had a great time. Bent my board, cracked my boot, but my body is still OK. If it is not raining - I will be there for the three days - may drive up from Montreal each day. Dan

SQS - (Session Quebec Sud - Southern Quebec Session)