Note to New Members ×

SES 09 Sharing housing?

Michelle

We have had a couple of e-mails from people planning to come to the 09' SES in Aspen as they want to contact others to work out some housing options (share a condo, house, room, etc).

Soooooo, lets use this thread for anyone who wants to get together about housing and also getting rides to Aspen.

Lets still keep the main SES talk here please:

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21888

* Disclaimer: Bomber in no way takes responsibility for who connects with who on this thread. If the couple you share a condo with likes to play the tuba at 2:00am, dances in their underwear, and eats boiled cabbage every day, don't come cry'n to us! :o

<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I booked a 2 bedroom condo in Aspen, each room has two twin beds. I have roommates for the other bedroom and there is one spot left sharing the bedroom with me. I snore greatly; my first SES roomie used earplugs. $80 per night, any number of nights(from 1 to 7). I have reserved the nights of the 7th through the 13th. If any of y'all are interested, contact me through BOL

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

One or two other Wisconsin carvers, and I, will very likely be coming for the whole week. Anyone else in the Midwest or between want to car pool to save more on gas as well as lodging. We're 30 something professionals, non-smokers, married and neat :ices_ange

Feel free to call me as it gets closer 414-731-8400

I made reservations at the St.Moritz. Dorm - room style. I'll be there by myself so this was by far the cheapest alternative ($60/night). I'm only planning on being there the last 4 days (Tuesday - Friday).

If I can work out a deal with shared housing with other carvers, I'll cancel these reservations.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've got a rather unusual request. I would like to share lodging but I don't need a bed. I'll be bringing my new 09 roadrace/dirtbike/ski-tuning shop Sportsmobile Van. (See http://www.sportsmobile.com/3_bikes.html). All I need is a place to park the van and a bathroom/shower/hottub. I'm willing to pay $ to share. In the winter the bike storage is converted to bunk beds and a board tuning shop which I'm also willing to share. There is also a 128 can beer fridge which will be fully stocked for anyone willing to share their condo.

Thanks,

Robert

PS, the van also has in motion sat-tv, 20" TV, diesel heater, Onan diesel generator, and a $13,000.00 sound system. Dirt bagging in style...

Hi Guys,

Four of us (Steve Buck, Ray Pesho, a newbie and me) have rented a hill-side condo at Snowmass for the SES 2009 (Feb 6-14) and are looking for one more person (non-smoker) to take a remaining twin bed for the entire period. The condo is The Timberline (check out the website) with two bedrooms and a loft with three twin beds. Steve and I have paid extra to have the bedrooms while Ray and the newbie have 2 of the 3 twins in the loft. The third twin is available for $110/nite. Payment if full will be required to secure the room.

Please contact me if you are interested? Dan Lambert

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to be looking for sleeping arrangements for 2 people.

No bed needed. Will take what I can get. Couch, floor, bathtub, whatever!

My dates are Feb. 12-15.

I already have a flight booked into Denver, will probably take a shuttle to Aspen.

Can anybody help me out???

Please email me if you can.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late to the party here ... trying to set up my lodging somewhat belatedly. I'm gonna be there for the whole week. Showing up Friday at 7pm, leaving on Saturday at 4pm so I'm looking for a place to sleep from Friday the 6th to Friday the 13th (yikes!). I'm definitely in aspen to ride, and planning on rising early for the most part though I do like the occasional nightlife. Somewhat budget conscious, particularly given this is aspen - I'm not too choosy, housebroken, and easy to get along with.

Otherwise, if there is still room at the St.Moritz, I am thinking of getting a private dorm room for the whole week. Looks like these sleep two, so I would be more than happy to share with another person to keep the costs down.

Does anybody have room for 2 for just Wed, Thurs, and Friday nights?

If not I might be looking at a private St. Moritz room so if anybody wants to share or upgrade for those nights? I haven't even called the St. Moritz so they might already be gone?

You need to be green friendly. :eplus2:

Room available for Queequeg

Please check-out my earlier posting about a bed available at the Timberline condo hillside Snowmass. The bed is still available. Dan Lambert

Qq,

I had the chance to hang with these guys at last years SES and they are a good group. Their location is excellent and I'm sure that you will have no regrets if you take Dan up on his offer.

JC

I had the chance to hang with these guys at last years SES and they are a good group. Their location is excellent and I'm sure that you will have no regrets if you take Dan up on his offer.
Please check-out my earlier posting about a bed available at the Timberline condo hillside Snowmass. The bed is still available. Dan Lambert

Thanks Dan - I totally appreciate the offer but I think I have decided to go with the cheap route and sleep in a shared bunk at the St.Moritz - you're place sounds totally awesome but I can still cut my lodging costs quite a bit by staying in the cheap seats.

Queequeg - If you have not already put down a non-refundable deposit at St Moritz, I can check if our group would agree to give you the last bed for the same cost as the St Moritz dorm. Interested? Either way - see you soon in Aspen. We too are from the east - so real snow at Aspen is like a totally unique experience.

Queequeg - If you have not already put down a non-refundable deposit at St Moritz, I can check if our group would agree to give you the last bed for the same cost as the St Moritz dorm. Interested? Either way - see you soon in Aspen. We too are from the east - so real snow at Aspen is like a totally unique experience.

Ack! I totally put down my deposit yesterday otherwise I would have jumped all over your (very kind) offer. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else at SES!

Yes - real snow. I'm totally thrilled for it. I took a week off to ride in summit county in november, and was totally amazed to see that their early season "ice" is like, a perfect day on the east coast. Lucky bastards!