Note to New Members ×

197 burner too big???

b0ardski

Go for the 197, just make sure to mount the bindings forward and get tons of speed before starting that first turn. I can get about three turns in on my 197 at our local 300 vert ft. hill here, it takes about half the run to get to speed, a few quick turns then frantic braking on ice. love it!

I met up with an ex-Minnesotan now Sandpoint resident visiting family here in Minneapolis while riding bikes off road yesterday. He really gave me the, "time to escape flatland" bug. MMMmmmmmm snow. I really gotta check out the NW this winter!!

where are you going to be riding it in the inland NW ?

You'll need some wide groomy blue squares. Once she's up to speed, it's a really fun ride.Only 18cm wide so ya gotta be down with skinny at speed.

Like a big old Caddy goin' 80 on a sunday afternoon.

pull the trigger:eplus2:

http://www.schweitzer.com/mountain/trail_maps/interactive/

should be able to get out of 2nd gear

Fitting that my response follows Big Canuck's (I got my 197 from him). Buy the 197, esp. if you like speed. It is quite turny once you are boogying.

And I agree with Mr. T and BC - mount forward; it will help initial the turns with that long nose. Sitting here (in the office), I can't recall where my back plate is, but my front plate is all the way forward.

The piece just relisted on ebay for $550

I'll think twice about it now, thought I could get a deal

I saw that board on the bay also, sent him an email being that Rancho Mirage is only 45 miles from me. He wasn't interested in pulling it off auction, even though his listing said he could terminate the auction at any time. Now he wants more $$$. Why not list it originally for 550.00? Get someone's hopes up for a good deal on a Burner and then increase the price on it by $300.00 +

You definitely could get a custom for a few hundred more, maybe even splittail custom!!

OVR

I may pull the trigger on a 197,

:1luvu::1luvu::1luvu::1luvu::1luvu::1luvu::1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

but not sure I have the uumph! for it.

that is like saying I sure would like to ride Victoria Jealouse, but not sure I should try. does not compute.

I'm 180#s, agressive carver

as long as you are agressive you will ride the board. If not, it may ride you a bit. It is not passive and even at the speed that the board becomes lively, you will need to pay attn. With the waist width sometimes very little input is required for change in direction.

The really nice thing is if you are willing to jump on it and let it work is that it will absolutely not let you down. As long as you are committed to the turn this baby will hang on like you won't believe. Very controllable in the medium to high speeds, tightening radius and things like that are possible too.

I may pull the trigger on a 197, but not sure I have the uumph! for it.

I'm 180#s, agressive carver, but thinking Schwietzer only has a couple of runs wide & long enough to let this beast run??

looking for some input before I commit:confused:

don't pay too much for it, not hard to break burners at all and they are good for their time but not amazing compared to todays boards.

answer to your question, depends on where you ride and how wise of turns you like to make. IMHO the 197 is doable most places that are big enough to justify a GS board. the 188 is much closer to my heart for every day ripping by a long shot....

bottom line is if you want something big and you get this thing at a steal price go ahead and do it but the money people are getting for these things as collectors items or for the name or something makes the boards not such a great value if you actually plan to ride the thing day in day out. For a weekend warrior it might be less risky but then again a weekend warrior might be more likely land on the tail than someone who rides every day.

Jack spoke the truth in way less words...

I saw that board on the bay also, sent him an email being that Rancho Mirage is only 45 miles from me. He wasn't interested in pulling it off auction, even though his listing said he could terminate the auction at any time. Now he wants more $$$. Why not list it originally for 550.00? Get someone's hopes up for a good deal on a Burner and then increase the price on it by $300.00 +

You definitely could get a custom for a few hundred more, maybe even splittail custom!!

OVR

He is a Bomber Member - I sold him this Burner last year for 425$ if I recall correctly. It is indeed clean. Stiffer than the older Burners. Last of the "Sims" built burners.

What is the point of an auction when you post that you can close it and then pull it the day before it closes. I really don't care for that.

I don't think 500$ is out of line though, shipping $$ is a deal killer though.

So when you say "get it up to speed before turns" are ya saying like 40 mph?

or 30 ?

or 50 ?

cause Ive done all the above on various boards, and am "concerned" about the Rossignol 190 and being on the ICE COAST and what speeds I "need" before it rides where it is comfortable.

Dave, your weight, snow conditions, pitch will all effect the point when the board turns.

No worry, the Rossi, turns sooner then the burner (in similar conditions)