Note to New Members ×

197 burner too big???

b0ardski

Hey Mats, got a deal on an afterburner demo??

Sorry mate, no demos for sale. Saw your line about a Tanker 192. It so happens that I got a new model for this year - The Superswede. 190/24waist/c.a 11m elliptic sidecut. Made for hardboots and holds it´s edge even on ice. 5 cm setback for powlift. Check it out under news on www.alpinepunk.com.

Carve low!

PS. I got an as new 197 x-tra stiff Sims Burner in my garage.... Not for sale. DS.

Thanks OSB :)

That was kinda the answer I was looking for in a roundabout way, but I agree, I just nees some snow under me to see what I can really "DO" on it.

Keeping in mind the Burner has other unique characterists (namely the split tails effects on radius and existing turns) I would generalize by saying the Rossi stands out as a damp race board that tends to need some initial speed, however can be turned surprisingly quick under adequate pressuring. In other words: don't be surprised or set back if you shard your pants the first run, then when you get clean shorts and your balls back you find it can be tamed quite nicely into a damp, stable quick turning race board. Make sense? The nose is considerably lower than the Burner. So watch the deeper softer days. It has also been coined the "Exploder" by a unusally strong and empressively aggressive alpine rider I know. Evidently there are a couple of carbon stringers in the construction that when bent hard enough explode or snap, the resulting board is a noodle and of little use to said hard charging expert. Keeping in mind, although he has broken several to date. I have not seen many others broken including the 3 or 4 I have had.

You will like it as your go fast, damp, "I feel strong today" board is my guess.

Photos from Mike Hildreth , MHM, Shoot Star, 5" of cold pow on blue ice, 2003, music = "Metalica" , at that time the Rossi 190cm WC was my "Go to Board"

Forgive me for the leaning photo, Mike wanted one with my hand in the snow and the pitch and conditions made it tricky.

post-198-141842260534_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842260537_thumb.jpg

post-198-14184226054_thumb.jpg

on which I have a bid is on ebay.I have a strict limit as to what I will pay,so I am letting the rest of you know that I won't hold it against you if you outbid me.If I win the board however,do not under any circumstances ride downhill from me as I will be going against everything I said in the'cruising speed' thread :)