Note to New Members ×

OES March 5 - 8, 2009

SEJ

you want this info on this thread Quentin? Or we emailing you or PM'ing you this?

hi btw G-unit! can't wait to ride with you again buddy! miss ya! First grilled cheese and IPA pitcher is on me :)

FURI CAT!!!!!LOL......Likewise. I can't wait to see you guys.

It doesn't matter. I guess if we post here for all to see we can all get a consensus, but whatever people want to do is fine.

Randy T.,

That actually might work perfect. I am currently talking to the director of hospitality for Riverhouse and they are a top contender. Some hotels are more desperate than others. If we decide on them I will make sure you get the OES discounted rate. I just need to work out the logistics. I should know more tomorrow.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently talking to the director of hospitality for Riverhouse and they are a top contender. Some hotels are more desperate than others. If we decide on them I will make sure you get the OES discounted rate. I just need to work out the logistics. I should know more tomorrow.

I've booked a room at Riverhouse too.

I guess I don't need to ride one first I just need to figure out what I want. AM T, Schtubby or Monster.

If you have the chance to try first, do! You can always learn something from trying before you buy. What I've learned is that I like my boards soft and springy among other things.

As per Mt Bachelor policy we can't have a demo tent or otherwise use the word "demo" without getting expensive demo insurance. So, instead we say that "friends may loan each other boards anytime they please" and work that on an individual basis out of the Sunrise parking lot. Many of us arrive early and park right up close to the lodge, it works very well.

<snip> I am currently talking to the director of hospitality for Riverhouse and they are a top contender. Some hotels are more desperate than others. If we decide on them I will make sure you get the OES discounted rate. I just need to work out the logistics. I should know more tomorrow.

Quentin, I have 6 days reserved at riverhouse under my name as well....so group rate it up!

I don't know where it's located.

But I got a room at the SHILO INN for 69.66. I think. I've have extra room in my pick -up truck. So if someone needs a ride, or help carring extra gear.

I'll I ask is for one run, for some help.

Mike

The Shilo is just a few blocks down 3rd Street from the Riverhouse, you'll be near other carvers.

Hi Mike, I have managed to book my flights, my SUV, my room at the Riverhouse, schedule a sales / support call, and purchase my discounted 4 day lift tix. I am looking forward to meeting all of you. Buell...,My Powstick made her virgin turns at Bachelor, will bring her along.. You doing the same? Randy, Well a deal is a deal, and a handshake still means everything to this old rogue. Thank Jami for the pressure to come and let her know she now needs to schedule her time off next February for SES10.

glad to hear you are coming!

You are welcome to catch a ride from Riverhouse to the mtn with Allen and I if the Reno crew truck is full....plus don't tell him but i think im a safer driver then Randy :D

Hey Furi,

Good to see that you and Allen are heading back for '09. :biggthump

Purchased my 4 for 2 lift tickets for OES. Will be staying in the Bachelor parking lot again this year. I just shipped my board to SES. I'm looking forward to getting some riding in as I haven't been on the snow since December due to very poor conditions at Shasta. It was 56.5 degrees there today at 12 noon !

Are there any plans to have any sort of group clinic to participate in? I know I could use some pointers.:biggthump

thanks

kr

Have you met Don? "noschoolrider" He is an accomplished alpine snowboard instructor. I believe he has provided instruction in the past. I know of at least one other local (Portland, Vancouver) rider hoping he will be offering some guidance.

Bryan

Purchased my 4 for 2 lift tickets for OES. Will be staying in the Bachelor parking lot again this year. I just shipped my board to SES. I'm looking forward to getting some riding in as I haven't been on the snow since December due to very poor conditions at Shasta. It was 56.5 degrees there today at 12 noon !

Hi Bill , sorry to hear about Shasta's conditions. Frustrating for sure. Have fun at SES, see you at OES!!

Best house on the mountain!!! Are you towing a small rig too? Got to get to the party!!!

OES 2009 has its first official sponsor, none other than Boardmaster Bruce Varsava from Coiler! He will be in attendance all four days.

Taking a few runs with Bruce can only help your next Coiler come out better than you imagined possible! Don't miss this opportunity!

This is great news!! Look forward to riding with Bruce again!!!

Have you met Don? "noschoolrider" He is an accomplished alpine snowboard instructor. I believe he has provided instruction in the past. I know of at least one other local (Portland, Vancouver) rider hoping he will be offering some guidance.

Bryan

Bryan, not sure if you're thinking about me, but I'd definitely be interested in a group lesson/clinic if Don can be persuaded to put one on.

Hey Dan, no, I was thinking of Tim's wife. Evidently she took a private with Don at last years OES and was very pleased with his instruction. Hope I have the details straight.

You? You could teach a class!!

Bryan

LOL, thanks Bryan. :biggthump Maybe I could teach a class in combing CL for alpine gear, but I would be refunding a lot of fees to :angryfire students if I ever tried to teach a carving class. I'll drop Don a message and ask if he'd be interested in setting something up.