Note to New Members ×

big mtn... BMES 09

west carven

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suprise suprise, some twist of fate turned three feet of powder into delightful groomers the next day. the first official alpine day of the season. Bluebird weather and cold. good firm groomers with a touch of fresh on top that was staticy and slow on the flatter runs and hero on the screamers. Great day tons of snow. Even the lift towers are snow ghosts. It is officially mid winter conditions.:biggthump

howdy all

today my first day of hardbooting of the new year.

after the past few days of major dumping pow, last night

was clear and no new snow, so i listen to me and not big mtn

snow report, which reported 3 inches overnight. anyways,

clear blue skies and perfect hero snow. my first day on a

race stock fp 173. i just mounted it were i think it should be

and it worked out perfect. had a blast, this thing rails a tight

arc. the holiday crowds should be leaving on sunday, so

should be great next week.

official mountain snow stats say

summit is 4" shy of last year at this time.

Base is 10" over last year at this time.

100% for the next several days 5-10 " expected tonight

bring a powder board ladies:biggthump I will have hell roaring stock up on extra booze for the OHIOIANS since they'll be hiding in the lodge waiting for Groom:eplus2:

Now Dr D That's not quite fare. OK you should advise Hell roaring they need more stock (Shred in the house)but I think hiding in the lodge is not accurate. I was busting powder every day on the madd 170. And my last day of the trip was A rush on the back side in waist deep snow. I'm A groom monster I admit it but I was on the slopes every day. Shred will run the lunch tray every day if need be. A couple shots in honer of the groomer gods and will be set.

howdy all

big fog!!! 4 inches pow over groom. should have brought my fish.

foggy on top till top of chair 2 then slowly down to village. rode

the hardboots fp173. went to the top on my last run, summit vis

was one chair, were to go? tomorrow should snow alittle in the a.m.

then dump in the p.m. so maybe hardboots tomorrow...

I never said I was as good as Paulk. I never said I ran tree runs. I said I was out every day on groom or 12 in of powder.

ah well that's a given none of us is as good as the great and wonderous Paulk! what ever happened to him anyway? I heard he doesn't board in commercial zones with peons anymore. something about once you go heli you never go back:rolleyes:

:lol:

a foot of fresh cream cheese this morning. should mix into the groomers nicely. Its the base we have been needing. snow predicted for the next 3 days and nights 5 inches every day and every nite.:biggthump

we are diving head first into record territory :1luvu:

EPIC YEAR:eplus2:

Well if it doesn't stop snowing I can't make it up there.

There is a real outside chance I could make the 24th or 25th for the day.

Will check back in a little closer to the time.

Is there going to be a couple hard booters in town, or just the Doc pimping all the powder for himself.

howdy all

well, wed and thur was a melt down, mid 40's in town, rain, soggy mess.

i had to work so did not miss much. fri got cut loose from work so up to

the big. backside is still good, frontside top good bottom half cornball ice

sheets, bad. moved my bindings on the fp173 back alittle did not work

well. overall a bad day for me.

howdy all

same as friday but was more fun, rode my fp167. mostly stayed on

the backside. same conditions with the cornball ice sheets on the

front. rained alittle on the top around noon. more warm weather in

the forcast. really needs 6 to 8 inches of fresh groomed down.

got pretty crowded by noontime with the weekend warriors...

well two of our local carvers made front and center of the front page on the local paper. West carven is pictured in a wicked heelside carve coming down ed's run.

The newspaper kindly credits the picture to another local rider by the name of Mario. Any way sweet pic Aaron sp? I will try to get a copy posted.:biggthump

howdy all

great carving snow today after yesterdays worst day ever

so i'm told. heard the groomers were hard at work and

it showed. great day with some flat lighting at times, the

sun showing thru most of the day. was on my fp167 its a

fun board. thanks dr d for posting my pic on the front page.

i saw it here first so now i'll have to buy a few copies...

Looks like Johnasmo has a commanding lead in vertical feet ridden this season.

Nice work John!

Name Vertical Feet Rank

<table width="450" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#cccccc"><tr bgcolor="#cccccc"><td class="medium" width="175" align="left">Johnasmo</td><td class="normal" width="75" align="left"> 794,552 </td><td class="normal" width="50" align="left"> 2 </td><td class="small" width="50" align="center"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#f7f4d7"><td class="medium" width="175" align="left"> Rick </td><td class="normal" width="75" align="left"> 392,526 </td><td class="normal" width="50" align="left"> 11 </td><td class="small" width="50" align="center"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#cccccc"><td class="medium" width="175" align="left">West Carven

</td><td class="normal" width="75" align="left"> 227,978 </td><td class="normal" width="50" align="left"> 106 </td><td class="small" width="50" align="center"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#f7f4d7"><td class="medium" width="175" align="left"> Dr.D </td><td class="normal" width="75" align="left"> 111,836 </td><td class="normal" width="50" align="left"> 834 </td><td class="small" width="50" align="center"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#cccccc"><td class="medium" width="175" align="left"> Squallguy </td><td class="normal" width="75" align="left"> 109,464 </td><td class="normal" width="50" align="left"> 874 </td><td class="small" width="50" align="center"> </td></tr></tr></tbody></table>

Last-Minute and Not-So-Last-Minute Travel Deals

Last year, we rolled out the January White sale in this newsletter, and you guys seemed to really dig it. This year, we are offering a similar ski and stay package, but I wasn't satisfied. "We can do better for my readers," I said. "Donnie, you are so full of yourself," they replied.

Despite that setback, we have done better. Not only is the January White Sale on and available even through Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Weekend, but we are introducing a new, completely smokin' deal that we like to call the 40/40 deal.

The January White Sale

Book a two-night lift and lodging package in one of nearly 200 hotel rooms and condos, and we'll throw in a 3rd night of lodging and a 3rd day of skiing for free. Again, this is valid this weekend for MLK, Jr. Day. They didn't want it to be, but I held firm for you.

The 40/40 Deal

Sunday through Thursday until the end of the season (excluding February 15th - 19th), book at least 4 nights on the mountain in Whitefish and get 40% off lodging and $40 adult lift tickets for everyone you bring with you.

Of course, there are additional restrictions that I didn't want to bore you with here for both of these deals.

1. Find all the details on our specials page.

2. Call 877-SKI-FISH to talk to one of our abnormally friendly vacation planners to book your stay now. Tell 'em Donnie sent you. You won't get any additional discount, but they'll let me know and my ego will be stroked.

howdy all

today was the best carving groomer day so far.

great firm snow that when skied off only light sugar powder,

so stayed flat all day and with the light crowds still had

corduroy patches in the middle of the runs at 3pm.

mostly sunny skies made for a warm day. rode the fp173.

you guys should have been here...