Note to New Members ×

big mtn... BMES 09

west carven

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

howdy buster

eh! wey u stay? is the hawaii crew coming this year?

the shred gang (shred and cuban) will be here Jan 23 to Jan 31.

who else?

whats up mr. carven. we won't be coming this year. after watching caspercarver's video for like a hundred times, i wanted to see what jackson hole is like. maybe next year.

Allee...... I think I might just take the flaky route this year... wait and see how the weather and conditions are. That powder last year was way more than I bargained for and pretty tough on my daughter too. (What can I say? I'm from Pennsylvania.... much more comfortable on ice than in all that powder!!!!!) It's about a 3 hour drive so I guess I could do it in one day if I had too. Or just grab a cheapo hotel room in Kalispell on the way back. I just got studded snow tires for my ol' Subaru so nothings stoppin me now!!! Not that it ever has, but.....

I gotta go to Big Sky in early December for AASI / PSIA credit so that might be my only trip this year. I'd like to visit my carvin buddies out at Big Sky too.

Kathy

Yeah some of you rafters and kayakers should work up a summer trip as well. The north fork and middle fork of the flathead are spectacular rafting locales and down here in Bigfork on the lake we have the Wild Mile. Wild mile is a memorial day event for kayakers that is class 4 or class 5 depending on the year. Its a series of races and other kayaking events from the dam to the lake. good stuff.

Yup, did an overnighter this summer on the Middle Fork, and a day trip on the North Fork - great rivers! And I used to head up to Big Fork for the festivities way back in the day...... Good memories! :p

K, let me know if you're coming to this - we should hang out together. This might clash with my cat trip this year, depending on whether we're going to leave a few days early and hit some of the BC resorts on the way down - but keep me posted just in case.

We can get in some practice before we go scare the boys at Aspen :-) Bring your powder gear!

I will keep you posted. The private powder day at Turner is sounding quite tempting, too! Not sure yet about SES - that one also falls squarely in a work 'week' for me. Maybe I'll try to get down there for part of it - we'll see how fired up I am by then! Not sure how many boys I'll scare - mostly I just scare myself! :smashfrea

(A cat trip for you this year?!?!? Plus SES and maybe BMES!? Geez - you're living the dream! :biggthump)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Whitefish-Big-Mountain-Lift-Ticket-Coupon-B2G1_W0QQitemZ250314748180QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250314748180&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1240%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I'd jump on it, but I don't think there is anyway I'll make it for 3 days. Hopefully make it for 2 days, but probably (maybe) only one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

howdy all

snowreport: tue dec. 9, 08

officially open today, grim conditions, but fun to be making some turns.

got my season pass and did one run on chair 7 then download on chair 1.

rode the amp5 rock board trying to avoid all the crap thats sticking out.

good to get the first day under my belt. snowed alittle today...

west carven

Latest lodging deals from the Whitefish newsletter ... they're repeating the buy two get one free that I used last season. Really nice slopeside accommodation, walk to the lift, smoking deals. $90 per night at Hibernation House including breakfast, lift AND rentals? You have to be kidding me.

Link : http://skiwhitefish.com/ski_and_stay.php

howdy all

had to work today but got cut loose early so to the big mtn.

good snow but not much of it, still lots of stuff showing thru.

more runs opened but not very good. chair 2 had lots of rocks

and foot high trees still needs to be covered up. it was clear

with high overcast in the a.m. but by 3p.m. it started snowing.

its early sat morning and has about 4 to 5 inches here in town.

should be a powder fest...

howdy all

so much for the pow fest... big mtn closed due to high winds.

heard thru the grape vine that a tree fell on the lift lines.

its so windy that most of the snow got blown off.

temps are to drop in the next few days, near zero highs and

minus zero teens in the nights. burrrrr!!!!! stay warm uall...