Note to New Members ×

Wish me luck on my knee replacement surgery

Dave Winters

Good luck, Dave! My dad had a knee replacement three years ago - hope your luck is better than his - he got blood clots and had to quit drinking for six months :)

Be sure to let us know how it's all going in rehab.

Some one I know had both knees replaced in November. He hasn't been off his skis since late Febuary. Says He feels like a sports car (after being a beaten up truck for years). I met a guy on the lift in late Feb, who had one done in Oct and the other in Nov. It was his first time out skiing on the new knees and was very impressed with them. Hope you have as good an experience as they did.

BobD

All the best to you Dave!

At 61 I've undergone three knee surgeries and have been told the next step is replacement. The Ortho says to hold off as long as I can. I guess the theory is that the technology will continue to improve.

A good friend in his seventies underwent double knee replacement two years ago and is skiing better than he has in years. Take some in comfort in that.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Good luck, Dave! My dad had a knee replacement three years ago - hope your luck is better than his - he got blood clots and had to quit drinking for six months :)

Be sure to let us know how it's all going in rehab.

For the love of god he had to quit for six months:eek::eek:

Best time of the year to have it done. get strong for next year

Best of luck Dave. You are going to need two solid knees to keep up with the "Mini-Carver" :D

My Dad FINALLY got a full hip replacement and it has been absolutely awesome! He put up with pain for far to long.

Be thinking of you.

Bryan

When are you scheduled to have the surgery?

Firstly, thank you very much to all who sent along the best wishes. I'm out of the hospital, and resting at home. Fairly comfortable, thanks to Oxycodone and Valium and my loving family and friends like you all.

The surgery went very well, no problems..

My first P.T. sesh is today, so I'm looking forward to getting some range of motion started.

Some sources of inspiration:

-My buddy Jay, a surfer and former snowboarder, brought by a book: Eddie Would Go, a biography of Eddie Aikau.

-The Today Show, of all things, which I haven't watched in many years... Willard Scott does a shout-out to centegenarians, and some lady was 118!!!

-The view of the ski hill out my back door, which by the way still does not show a single spot of dirt, especially since we had 6" new snow night before last.

So, again, thanks. I'll keep you in the loop on my progress.

Firstly, thank you very much to all who sent along the best wishes. I'm out of the hospital, and resting at home. Fairly comfortable, thanks to Oxycodone and Valium and my loving family and friends like you all.

The surgery went very well, no problems..

My first P.T. sesh is today, so I'm looking forward to getting some range of motion started.

Some sources of inspiration:

-My buddy Jay, a surfer and former snowboarder, brought by a book: Eddie Would Go, a biography of Eddie Aikau.

-The Today Show, of all things, which I haven't watched in many years... Willard Scott does a shout-out to centegenarians, and some lady was 118!!!

-The view of the ski hill out my back door, which by the way still does not show a single spot of dirt, especially since we had 6" new snow night before last.

So, again, thanks. I'll keep you in the loop on my progress.

How goes it Dave?

Hey Dave,

I'm not on the site much these days so I'm sorry I didn't get to send my thoughts earlier. I'm sending good vibes now.

I'm sitting under swaying palm trees now and my best of luck is blowing your way.

Joel

presently on South Padre island kitesurfing.