tex1230

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Left to right:

CustomCraft 170, 23cm wide, 10m radius (for rocks and the occasional jib)

Donek AX 172, 19cm wide, 13m radius (for everything else - I love this board)

Nidecker GS 177, 19cm wide, 13m radius (redundant, might sell)

Donek FC 180, 19.5cm wide, 12m radius (redundant, like it too much to sell)

F2 183, 19cm wide, 15m radius (for special occasions)

I'm keeping an eye out for a used board with a sidecut well over 15m, or waist well under 19cm, but only out of curiosity... The Donek AX meets 95% of my needs, and the CC and F2 have the rest covered. Might get the AX cloned, just in case. Twice. (Did I mention I love that board?)

post-9-141842256188_thumb.jpg

Now, calm down boys :D I never thought this would cause such outrage when I traded for it with Ruwi...

Apo is not going enywhere before I tried it on real pow, 30cm of fresh at least.

Bob, you are actually 3rd in line as Dave has been on my case from the day 1...

Just for the interest sake, one has sold on eBay recently for over 800$, in much lesser condion then mine (mint). Maybe I would pay for my son's college 20 years down the line?

The one on the left was a bit more versatile and ride friendly with the slightly wider waist

The one on on the right was much quicker side to side with the narrower waist and required a much more forceful input to get full performance .......

Get yer minds out of the gutter I was talking about the Proton.

Don't know if the attachment worked (I followed the FAQ directions), but here you go. From left to right, Head Monster 77s (170), Volant GS (173), Virus titinal Berzerker (183 or so), Kessler KST (185), Donek Free Carve (185), Sims Burner (197) and Ride Kildy GS (169).

post-5439-14184225669_thumb.jpg

Don't know if the attachment worked (I followed the FAQ directions), but here you go. From left to right, Head Monster 77s (170), Volant GS (173), Virus titinal Berzerker (183 or so), Kessler KST (185), Donek Free Carve (185), Sims Burner (197) and Ride Kildy GS (169).

Does the volant have reverse taper? Hooky?

Not sure what you mean by reverse taper, but if your asking if I spatulaed the nose, the answer is yes. It's slightly bent (i.e., you can run a credit card under the nose with the board on the rug). (Did it is Zermatt, Switzerland last year.) That said, it's still a great shortish board to ride. Hyper-turny and holds an edge well. But then again, I'm a Volant lover; I know others have entirely different views about Volants.

Queequeq,

Ahh, right. No reverse tapping on my Volant (or someone correct me); I think it is was just my whole cloth inability to take a good photo that made the Volant look that way in the photo.

I find that the Volant is extremely easy to turn and have not experienced problems coming out of turns (except when I broke my collar bone on it a couple of years ago). With my other boards (thanks to TVR, Big Canuk, and Frank at Virus), however, I don't get on the Volant very often.

Here is my family, hopefully some of them will move out soon as we are expecting twins in early December. Have not had the scan yet so i don't know what they will be.

Have you ridden the Morrow much? What did you think of it?

Interesting collection of board brands. How did you end up with the MLY line-up? They were out of Portland, Oregon. Moly = MLY = M3

Thanks, Bryan

It was a long time ago when i rode it but from what i remember it was super fast and a bit of a handfull. Next time i go boarding i will take it out and let you know what its like. I really like the Liquid 169 and used to have the 149 and 159 too, those were the boards that weened me from my assymetrical tendancies. The Millenium 3's and MLY came from a friend who imported snowboard gear into the UK.

It was a long time ago when i rode it but from what i remember it was super fast and a bit of a handfull. Next time i go boarding i will take it out and let you know what its like. I really like the Liquid 169 and used to have the 149 and 159 too, those were the boards that weened me from my assymetrical tendancies. The Millenium 3's and MLY came from a friend who imported snowboard gear into the UK.

Great, thanks, I have a NOS of it and have wondered how it would ride. It looks like a great alpine boarder-cross board. Stiff, narrow, yet rounded tip and tail. Rare find. I have only seen a couple. They were made in Oregon at the Salem factory.

Thanks for the info.

PS, If you decide to sell or trade it. I would be interested. That way I could try it and then decide from there. "Fast and a bit of handfull" sounds like it is just what I am after :)

Bryan

Here's a couple of oldies-goldies...

Asym-Air I basically bought for the Race Plates that came with it, but on the other hand, I don't mind the woody top sheet either.

Banana is soooo sweet, I just couldn't resisit. Pretty minty condition, too.

Who needs Dupraz, Spearhead or Fish? They have nothing on this bad boy - It's a Reto Lamm pro model! For the tech junkies: Scr is over 16m and it has 4mm of taper. Only 114cm of running length over 155 total length! I might even need to take it for a tree-pow ride next year, just for the hack of it ;)

They are both going to hang on the wall when I move to the new house 2 months down the line. They'll be in the fine company of the clone of my Hooger Grinder, Highlander woody, A200 giant swally, my first own board LTD163, and probably Xeena the bikini girl...

post-1678-141842256738_thumb.jpg