Note to New Members ×

SES 2008, Aparently some didn't have fun.

JJFluff

Knowledge Is Power! How common is it to condemn that which you have no understanding!

How is it that a 2 inch trench is an obstacle for a 6 feet long ski/ for that matter two of them/ that's 12 feet/ Lets talk about the tracks skiers leave behind (Mogul fields) all that pretty snow & heap it up in piles of Sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

his letter actually reminded me of the first time I ever saw Trenches.

I had only been riding for a few years at the time and just returned from an ankle injury when I saw a deep, maybe 5", trench arcing across the very soft cord near the empty lift line on a beautiful early spring mid week morn.

I looked in disbelief thinking the groomer must have broken or something. Then as I took my first lift ride up, I saw a guy at the top point down. It looked like he wrecked, but he popped back up and looked to slammed again on the oppisite side of the run, over and over again. as he made his way down, and I on the lift rode up closer, I almost fell out of my chair.

I strapped in as fast as I could and straight lined it back to the bottom, ollieing over his trenches as I sped down as fast as I could. I took me 4 laps to finally catch him at the bottom. Out of breath I asked if I could ride up with him, which must have seemed rather strange as we were the only two not only in line, but on the whole run.

I bought my Hard boots and carving board w/ bindings that night and have dreamed on duplicating his turns ever since

Hey

They---(the2 plankers) can have Ajax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just keep them off Buttermilk & Highlands!

I skied for a while/nothing against it/ long live ski babes in Spandex/ ITS ALL GOOD/ I tried to ski one day last yr thinking I would do both & could no-longer do it

Have a new/ used one day pair of ski boots for sale ---LOL

But I ask you? how many time have you heard someone say: I used to ski...

how many have said: I used to snowboard?

I did make it for the whole week. The leg held up, but just barely thanks to catching an edge on a catwalk on day 3. I could feel the same warning signs I had last year. I had to take it easy after that, plus my quads were shot by that point too. Oooh and I won a Donek, my favorite manufacturer. Thanks Sean!

Skiers... Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em...

Actually, I live with one now and deal with alot more of them. They're alot happier with me as a carver than on the soft board.

That's because alpine snowboarding isn't really snowboarding LOL! Seriously, you've got way more in common with skiers than "regular" snowboarders when you're carving.

That's because alpine snowboarding isn't really snowboarding LOL! Seriously, you've got way more in common with skiers than "regular" snowboarders when you're carving.

I really disagree with this. There are a few skiers that I see carving occasionally, but the vast majority of skiers skid their turns, just like the vast majority of snowboarders. I see little resemblance. Some of the more capable skiers out there are carving turns on shaped skis, but they are far in the minority, but I see a lot more softbooters carving (gentle) turns these days than I used to years a go.

I enjoy watching a really good skier carving/I will crank my neck around from the lift watching as far as I can! / They are rare however/ but always sweet to watch...

Sorry to say/ My past skiing was no where near a spectators sport!:(

Its all good as I see it/ But, I’m just not going to take any crap off them.

I was on a snowboard/ riding with a handicapped guy In a ski type chair/ he fell in the center of the slope/ I was up hill trying to help lift him up when a lady/ no woman /on skis zoomed by saying get the hell off the slope/ this is not a parking lot! I’m sure she did not see this guy/ all she seen was a snowboard & wanted to bitch!:boxing_sm Funny/ the guy said: leave me here/ go blow her doors off!! I fallowed that instruction but waited to long & could not find the wench!

Ohoooooooo I would have enjoyed it…..