Note to New Members ×

Broken in Aspen

Bryan here. Currently in the Aspen Valley Hospital.

Broken right leg.

Riding at Aspen Highlands Wednesday. Awesome day, great conditions. Riding "Suzie Q" , everything working well, 3/4s of the way down hit a rough area, bump, pitched banged down hard board first , broke leg, flipped and flew through some aspen trees, landed in the off-piste.

Aspen patrol were "most professional" and the Hospital is near by. Surgery that night. Rod and screws installed. Now sorting out the logistics of returning home.

Sudden ending to an otherwise awesome trip.

A HUGE "Thank you" to my friends in Colorado for helping me. You have made all the difference.

Bryan

post-198-141842250733_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek:....ahhh, man!:( Thought you already paid your dues. I'm going for the first time this year tomorrow(cross fingers, knock on wood) Was hoping to see you on the hill this year. I even invested in some pipe insulation to put around the edges of my board when I'm on the lift with you.:D take care Bryan, get well really, really soon.:D

Bryan,

Thor called and told me the news - I'm so sorry it happened.

Call me if you want to get some first hand recovery insight since I'm now in week 7 of going through the recovery myself. Stan has my number or email me direct

Curtis

PS Was the fracture above or below the boot line?

No!! I'm so sorry to hear that Bryan, that really sucks. I hope that you make a quick recovery, and that you have cute nurses there in Aspen. Erin sends her best wishes too.

I'm not available to drive your truck home, unfortunately (can't drive manual anyway), but let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Thanks everyone. :biggthump Some very strong good will and prayers have already taken effect.

I have had some gracious offers and will work through the options in the next couple days. And why YES!! I do have some gorgeous nurses.:ices_ange Aspen is the place!!! I am very impressed by the kindness folks have shown.

Man Bryan, so sorry to hear about your injury! I certainly did not think of this when I read your request for someone to drive your truck home. Nice you got it repaired so quickly. Last year, I found the two days I spent still broken to be emotionally the most difficult days of the injury. Time to start the healing process.

One year ago today was the surgery on my broken leg. It is a good day to be done with. I'll be thinking of you.

Looks like we will be in Portland in March, we will let you know.

Hang tough.

Buell

Damn Bryan, I am really sorry to hear about you accident. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I have one thought about your truck. James and Danielle are there and I think leaving tomorrow. If one of them can drive your truck to Reno I can deliver it to OES next month.

Time is short but I'll send you and James an e-mail and we'll see if that works.

Get well soon buddy!

RT

I have one thought about your truck. James and Danielle are there and I think leaving tomorrow. If one of them can drive your truck to Reno I can deliver it to OES next month.

If James and Danielle take the truck, and we can help out, let us know. Happy to put people up for the night or take the truck from here (Ogden-ish).

Sounds like there are lots of people at work for you, Bryan. Hope we can work it out!

Rebecca & Buell

Sorry to hear this Bryan!We will take a run or two(or three) for you at INWES.I'll take this as a wakeup call for when I get as cocky as I was today on Collateral.BTW ;CAN'T YOU JUST PROP THE BAD LEG UP ON THE DASH ,and find some meds you can drive on?Just kidding.. Hope you come back strong next year!

Sorry to hear this Bryan!We will take a run or two(or three) for you at INWES.I'll take this as a wakeup call for when I get as cocky as I was today on Collateral.BTW ;CAN'T YOU JUST PROP THE BAD LEG UP ON THE DASH ,and find some meds you can drive on?Just kidding.. Hope you come back strong next year!

I have seen him do some crazy stuff like driving home last year but going home from Colorado is way farther than MHM . Take Care Bryan !

Thanks guys. I am looking at all the options. Looks like Don could drive the truck back , however , it would be in 3 weeks. This would be awesome, however, there are reasons I would like to get it back home sooner.

Allot going on. With some luck, it will all gell in the next 24 hrs to get me home.

Thanks again for all the concern and support.

Bryan

Bryan,

Sorry to hear about the leg. Looks like you hit the same big orange and black "SLOW" sign that I did in '05. ;) Give me a call on my cell later on today around noon our time if you can. I might have some other options for getting you home sooner.

-Kevin

Kevin, can you email me your number?

Thanks, Bryan