Note to New Members ×

Best foods to take with you on the slopes?

DiveBomber

Flask of schrubb (homemade orange flavored rum), sometime some sake, or some champagne... dont forget to give a small offer to the snow and carvers Gods :)

queequeg, you leave the camelback bag empty in the freezer ?? or do leave some water in it ?

Never heard of that trick...

Blue sky

Didier

I just empty it out, and toss it in the freezer.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

half loaf of bread made into PBJ, put back into the bread bag, and then taken and stashed in a tree well on the first run, along with a thermos of tea.

pick it up at lunch, eat a few, have a drink. then again at 3:00, then you are good for the drive home at 4:30. if it is below 10 degrees, stash the sandwiches in a lunch box that is insulated, with the thermos, and all is well.

like POW said, honey mustard mini pretzels, those things are like crack. i ussually wrap up a sandwich in that seal wrap stuff, arizona green tea, caribou coffee granola bars, energy drinks, lots of coffee, etc.

basically, just mooch off of me;)

I'm assuming you're talking about foods that you don't have to heat up in the lodge's microwave.

Your choice of cheese (BabyBel) is the best protein choice.

For grains, take bread, granola bars or cookies (in order of most nutritious). A bread with a hard crust would be the best choice, since they don't get squished as easily as a slice of bread we usually buy.

For fruits, I would suggest apples, tangerines, clementines or dates. Dates are especially good because you only need two big ones to make one serving of fruit -- they're quite rich in carbs.

For veggies, the usual suspects: carrots, celery, sliced red/green/orange/yellow peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.

A cheese sandwich with some sliced raw veggies would be a great choice.

'later...

Little Debbies Fudge Rounds!!

300 calories

100 fat calories

11 grams of fat

.35 cents each

100% Goodness!

They are a great boost at a great price. They travel pretty well in a pocket and don't hurt if you land on them. Moist enough to eat without water.

2-3 will get ya through a full day or carving.

post-3878-141842243902_thumb.jpg

Little Debbies Fudge Rounds!!

300 calories

100 fat calories

11 grams of fat

.35 cents each

100% Goodness!

They are a great boost at a great price. They travel pretty well in a pocket and don't hurt if you land on them. Moist enough to eat without water.

2-3 will get ya through a full day or carving.

Holy hydrogenated oils batman!

Eatmore Bars, ( molasses and peanuts ) survives pocket carry very well they taste good, great emergency snack for when going in for lunch is not and option. Personally I find all the energy bars taste like crap.

A bagel with something in the middle survives pocket carry fairly well.

Beware the orange perhaps one of the messiest foods to crash upon.

Dave*

Isn't that alot? :)

some say that the 5th of jack is a lil excessive but it fits in the big side pocket of my big baggy cargo pants and I like to share with my homeboys o the hill. It helps me deal with the shame of clipping tickets in the parking lot and dumpster diving for leftover cheeseburgers and chili fries. :o

Beware the orange perhaps one of the messiest foods to crash upon.

Dave*

With the exception of bananas... One day we went mtn biking, had some bananas in the pack over the back wheel. The ride up was fine, but by the time we got to the bottom, the inside of the pack, and everything in it, was plastered with nana-mush. And that was just from vibrations, not from a crash...

Usually iI bring a Met-RX Big 100 with 31 grams of protein, but I keep it next to my boobs so it doesn't freeze.

(o)(o)my kinda girl !

like the old hot dog under the armpit trick ?

"just keepin it warm for ya" :lol:

michelle , are you makin' fun of me ? I'm very sensitive, ya know... ;)

mashed up bananas and peanut butter in a ziplock bag sounds gross but ya mix in some peanuts and m&ms, bite off a corner of the bag and squeeze out the banana mushy goodniss :D

post-123-141842244284_thumb.jpg

A nice bottle of Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. Just put it in a metal thermos, add prosciutto, a little cheese, and you have a perfect meal on the slopes. mmmmmmmm

Buddy!!! We MUST ride together :biggthump

Throw in some marinated NZ green muscles and you have a " Harris Mt Heli Lunch"

I miss my old ridding buddy"s PBJs , Toasted, super chunk and home made Strawberry Jam.

mashed up bananas and peanut butter in a ziplock bag sounds gross but ya mix in some peanuts and m&ms, bite off a corner of the bag and squeeze out the banana mushy goodniss :D

That doesn't sound gross... That sounds divine!

I saw on mythbusters where one of the guys mixed up some sort of concoction in a gallon ziplock bag. I wish I remembered the mix, but it didn't sound anything like nana-mush with peanut butter.