Holy Crap, Fin! Is It True?

D-Sub

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

May this matter be behind you and many blessings befall to you.

I'm just waiting on the word to start the celebration. :cool:

The CAD USD exchange rate being 1:1 or worse really sucks, I've been eyeing a Prior ATV, and to get one how I want it would be at least $1,000 which is a bit much for me.

My dream board is a Coiler AMX 169 19 cm wide (one board to rule them all), but I don't have 700$ to spend on a board a this moment in my life; I barely managed to ride 3 days last winter, 5-10 is my usual number of rides per winter. I was looking at a Donek Pilot which could be an interesting softer freecarve/AMable board at a decent price. I presently ride a Nitro GTX 166 which can be a handful to ride sometimes and I want something a little softer/easier to ride but that can still perform. I bought a Burton Alp 171 last winter and I found out I don't like ~21 cm wide boards and it was too stiff for me (I'm 170 lbs, lower end of the range of the Alp). I can ride more aggressively if I want, but I don't always want to, hence the reason I'm looking for a softer board.

With the topics I read in the previous months, I feel my interface may be a bit stiff (Burton Furnace boots, Catek OS1/WC bindings), but I don't feel like changing it for now.

Best of luck Fin & co. ! You should never have had to go through it. But that's life, I guess.

As for the threadjack, buying TD2 Stepins was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the Canadian dollar approach par with the US.

Now all I need is a job and a bunch of snow. :)

'later...

• 4 weeks later...

First - I am not a lawyer, just someone who read some of the proceedings.

Second - I am in no way related to Bomber Ind., merely a customer

Mods - feel free to delete this if necessary

Here is a summary I transcribed from cross-complaint by Boards & More:

Page 3, Line 16 - 20

12. If it is ultimately determined that Boards & More is in any way legally responsible for the injuries, damages, if any, sustained by Plaintiffs as alleged in their complaint, Boards & More is entitled to indemnification from Bomber for the amount of any judgment that’s may be recovered by Plaintiffs and for all costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees incurred in connection with the defense Plaintiffs’ claim of the prosecution of this Cross-Complaint.

Page 3, L 25 thru P. 4, L 1

14. If it is ultimately determined that Boards & More is in any way legally responsible for the injuries and damages, if any, sustained by Plaintiffs as alleged in their complaint, Boards & More is entitled to contribution from Bomber for the amount of any judgment that may be recovered against Boards & More for all costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees incurred in connection with the defense of plaintiffs’ complaint and the prosecution of this Cross-Complaint.

Page 4, L 10 – 15

Prayers for Relief

2. For a judicial determination that cross-defendant Bomber was the legal cause of the damages, if any, sustained by Plaintiffs William Joel Broadbent and Mardi Broadbent and Boards & More, therefore, is entitled to contribution for the amount of any judgment that may be recovered against it by Plaintiffs, and for all costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees incurred by Boards & More in connection with the defense of plaintiffs’ complaint or the prosecution of the Cross-Complaint; and…

.................. is trying to shuffle their productresponsibility and lawcosts to Bomber Industries Inc. I don't think they are getting away with it. This is a 'normal' result of the aspect that the particular person is trying to deal with Bomber and Board and More Gmbh (F2)........ But hey I am no expert in american lawsuit. And if money is involved, big company's as F2 have a long breath. Hope Fin and his lawyers have a long breath too. So let's buy the store empty to support Fin.

Seems “F2” really stands for F@#$ you too.

I will never ever use any product from them ever ever again…

As Hans pointed out above, the issues is with Boards & More Gmbh, not F2 which was an entity of theirs. But... B&M's website nicely lists the brand names which they own.