Holy Crap, Fin! Is It True?

D-Sub

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was under the distinct impression that indemnity was strictly voluntary. In order words, the only way that Bomber could be compelled to indemnify F2 is if Bomber signed a contract that specifically required bomber to "indemnify and hold harmless F2." Usually, it is the other way around: the distributor or seller gets indemnified by the manufucturer, so that if you buy legos from Wal-Mart, and the legos have lead paint, and you sue Wal-Mart, the lego company would indemnify Wal-Mart and be entirely responsible for the suit. However, if Bomber did sign a contract indemnifying F2, that would be problematical.

Wikipedia entry on Indemnity

I haven't really delved into this too much so could someone please give me a synopsis ( off line is ok jerry at jerry hadam photo dot com with no spaces )

of what the heck is going on with this.

I would love a review right from the beginning. If anyone cares to help me out here as I don't really understand what the heck is going on.

Guys/Gals/BOL members

As much as we love the support that this thread is producing, you know as well as we do that Bomber can not discuss anything about the lawsuit at this time. Please do not call and ask about the suit, as I will tell you exactly that. If it's public knowledge, it can be found on one of the web sites listed throughout this post. However, please be very careful about posting on this thread. Fin has enough going on without having to monitor what everyone is posting on here - please know that we will tell you what we can when we can. Sometimes things said/written/especially posted publicly, even with the best of intentions, can be used in a bad way.

It's definitely a sticky situation, and rumors and specualtion go a long way on threads like this - sometimes not in a good way. Share things off line if you like, but be cautious of what you post in public.

We definitely appreciate all the support. Bomber would not have made it this far without such a loyal and caring group that you are all a part of. :1luvu: Once this is all over, whatever happens, we will let you know and people can take whatever action they like as individuals to speak their minds.

Thanks so much again, and just sending us positive thoughts and vibes will help a great deal!

As Hans pointed out above, the issues is with Boards & More Gmbh, not F2 which was an entity of theirs. But... B&M's website nicely lists the brand names which they own.

As stated above, F2 is no longer owned by Boards and More Gmbh.

PDF Source

Brand F2 in new hands

The Boards & More Group, a part of the Airesis AG Switzerland, is selling its brand F2 to an investor team led by Gerald Pascher and Reinhard Hofbauer.

As of 1.6.2007, the Boards & More GmbH is giving over its board-sport brand F2 (windsurf,snowboard and apparel) to an investor team led by Gerald Pascher and Reinhard Hofbauer. F2, 100% owned by the Boards & More (Ion, F2, Fanatic, Mistral, North Kiteboarding, North Sails), established in 1981, managed in the last 3 years under the lead of CEO and Brand Manager Boris Zwetkoff to gain back its position as one of the key players in world wide windsurfing and European snowboarding. The apparel line, taken over from a licensee, managed to more then double its turnover while being part of F2.

The decision to sell the brand F2 was developed to reduce the competition within the windsurf brands and to focus on its core competence water-sports with the remaining brands Fanatic, Ion, Mistral, North Kiteboarding and North Sails. Reinhard Hofbauer, former manager of different sports companies, shows decades of sporting goods experience, especially in the board sport area. He will take over the lead starting June 1st, 2007. His experience in the industry mixed with the know-how and attitude of a big part of the actual F2 employees which will move to the new headquarter in the area of Salzburg (AUT) will ensure the further development of the brand.

Boards & More will still be responsible for the sales and delivery of the Spring/Summer apparel collection and the windsurf business till May 31st 2007.

Sometimes things said/written/especially posted publicly, even with the best of intentions, can be used in a bad way.

It's definitely a sticky situation, and rumors and specualtion go a long way on threads like this - sometimes not in a good way. Share things off line if you like, but be cautious of what you post in public.

and we all know how the facts can be twisted by barristers......

remember-

People in stone houses sink ships

Now make like a tree... and get the hell out !

And don't cross the road if you can't get out of the kitchen

Seems to me that it is against the best interest of bomber for us to never buy f2 stuff again until all the remaining f2 boards are purchased from the bomber inventory.For those on a mission and with the $ to do so ,the best statement would be to purchase all the f2 boards left in order to help finance bomber's fight and then burn the boards in protest.

F2 isn't part of Boards n More anymore. Burning a board doesn't help Fin. Why not sell the board and use the money to help the cause?

THANKS FOR THE INFO. I was just following the gist of the thread and it seemed just like you said,that Fin needs sales rather than boycots.I had alreadysaid to another memeber that I will use my f2 bindings guilt free as it is not my fight .Even better to find out that f2 is not involved.btw,I missed the earlier post about f2 changing hands.Thanks again.

• 8 months later...

There's been a bit of activity in the register of actions which suggests that a settlement is happening, and the case is being dismissed, at least between Joel and Bomber. There isn't much information there, and I'm no lawyer but that's how I read it. I'm hoping that this works out well for Bomber.

NOTICE OF SETTLEMENT FILED BY PLAINTIFF BROADBENT, WILLIAM JOEL BROADBENT, MARDI

--

SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE HELD, CASE SETTLED. JUDGE: CHARLOTTE WALTER WOOLARD; CRT.REPORTER: KENT GUBBINE; CLERK: ANNA REDIGONDA

Click for a little more.

I don't see anything about the cross-complaint from Boards And More though.

Good news...but, everyone, Fin spent a bunch of money in legal fees for conducting a trade in which a client made a mistake and decided it was someone else's fault. So the victory is surely bittersweet and, unfortunately, someone got hurt, but, at least the court system in this case, realized that sh*t happens

Isn't there a way to get your money back for the fees? Or was there an agreement that no counter law suit would take place if they dismiss the charges? Its so frustrating to me that stuff like this happens.

Fin, do you have insurance that covers stuff like this? My friend that owns the company AngeliBright told me he was forced to get insurance that covered him for a few million of $, but I'm not sure if lawyer fees are covered.

Most liability insurance doesn't cover the first $10G of legal fees now-call it a deductible.

In any case, it's steep. Lawyers go for about $400 an hour now. And having them fax documents for your case takes about 15 minutes of their time. We won't even go into the fact they charge to travel for you in addition to you paying for the flight, rental car, hotel fees, etc.

My sister in law graduated from law school a few years ago. I watched 400 young lawyers graduate knowing that 3 classes of 400 young lawyers graduate every year from the U. of Houston Law School and there's 7 other law schools in the state of TX. Contrast that to there's 7 med schools in TX, they graduate 200 doctors each once a year.

We're sunk as a culture because everyone of these guys wants to eat....

the lawyer I needed to hire (long story involving my college) cost around $500 an hour but he gave me a break since I was a referral to him so he cut it in half. Still cost a few grand by the time it was all done with, and I was able to stay in the school without losing a year.

I guess with all the money I made from partying that caused my school to come down, I broke even after the lawyer fees.

I got my credit card ready for my purchase of boots, bindings and BTS :biggthump

Missing winter pretty bad right now.