Note to New Members ×

Is It Ok To Post Ebay Auctions That Are Not Yours?

tex1230

Is it ok to post ebay auctions that are not yours?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ok to post ebay auctions that are not yours?

• Yes
    • No

Just to make all of the whining stop, I thought I would listen to the majority.

If you vote against my opinion, I will never complain again on this subject. I only hope some others will do the same.

I believe that it is ok to post your own ebay auctions, and it is ok to post buy it now items that aren't yours, and it is especially good to post 20 year old beat to hell sticks with a $500 starting price...

I just don't think it is a good idea to post something like this:

It's not my board & I have nothing to do with it... but I saw this awesome carving board on Ebay. Last bid was $25 with one day to go & no reserve. (insert link to auction here)

SO I ask the question: Is it Ok to post ebay auctions that aren't yours?

I wasn't addressing new gear, as it is banned...but thanks, Jack

Yeah, I think the rules cover this pretty well, although not explicitly. If it's an ebay auction for used gear, then all's well, imo.

However if a link is posted that goes to an ebay *search*, like for a particular seller or whatever, and the search results include new gear, the link will be pulled unless the poster gets permission from Fin.

my point is that we all know how ebay works. if you see a good deal, I guarantee at least 10 other people here have seen it as well. if you post an auction that is not yours and you have no interest in, all you are doing is screwing the guys who were watching it and hoping to keep it quiet. you think you are helping? look at the "users online" at the bottom of the welcome screen...there are always more lurkers than members looking, so you are more than likely pointing out something to someone that has never contributed a damn thing to this community. You see a deal? great - PM your buddies who need boards...don't post it up to the world.

Why hasn't a moderator moved this thread to 'off-topic'?

because it isnt off topic. the links that get posted are almost always snowboard gear.

dammit...I see tex's point...still just dont think its that big a deal (I, by the way, don't post links to stuff anymore)

FYI Gang. Ebay launched a cool new offering of sorts today. Its called eBay To Go Just go to that site, enter the auction number you want, and a live link gets embedded in the thread. Now if Bomber just figures out how to make that a link that drives a referral fee, maybe they'll have a new revenue stream.

Here's an example to a current auction. In a week, this should turn into some sort of link to a search for vintage snurfers on ebay (that's the option I chose). In the meantime, the default link that came up on eBay seems to work just fine.

<object width="355" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://togo.ebay.com/togo/togo.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="base=http://togo.ebay.com/togo/〈=en&mode=normal&itemid=230123934497&query=vintage%20brunswick%20snurfer" /><embed src="http://togo.ebay.com/togo/togo.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="355" height="300" flashvars="base=http://togo.ebay.com/togo/〈=en&mode=normal&itemid=230123934497&query=vintage%20brunswick%20snurfer"></embed></object>

Cool, eh?

Oh, and I think its fine to link to auctions that aren't yours. Perhaps better than pimping your own. It does bum me out when someone links to something I plan to snipe, but so be it.

I don't go to Ebay Often, but when I do it is because of a link posted here. Still, not fair to the guys who do the research and put in the time to find a bargain, only to find someone else here posting for the lazy to come along and snipe.

Maybe we should start a new room in the classified section for ebay auctions...