Note to New Members ×

Big Mtn Daily Rub In....

Paulk

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any more SES pics? I discovered the Buttermilk Mountain Cam, which lets you remotely pan/zoom all over the base area. You can use it to spy on the Bomber Tent (which is behind some trees, unfortunately).

I think this photo shows Ken Lao on the right:

buttermilk.jpg

creeepyyy...:-P

A great week in Aspen...The camera died around wednesday, The Internet connection was nonexistent, and it snowed almost every night. The best two carving days turned out to be the "day off"(tuesday), and last saturday, the "we're only gonna ride until noon" day.....Thanks to everyone who said, let's do just one more run...I finally made it back to Denver by 8pm!

Anyways...

Does this make anyone who didn't come out to the SES, feel better?

A few shots of the weeks madness...

post-520-141842229208_thumb.jpg

post-520-14184222921_thumb.jpg

post-520-141842229211_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am so sorry to hear that you are receiving too much snow to have proper carving conditions. You are making me jealous to get back to Big Mtn.

I used to live over by Lore Lake in between Whitefish and Kalispel in 94-95. I think that was the year I was there. over 500 inches that year and no snow to shovel at the house. A good year.

they had another 5 inches between reports this morning and we are rapidly approaching 300 inches. I haven't shoveled yet at home this year. 96 was an even bigger snow year I am told but I wasn't here then myself. I am thinking this is another snowy march year so the spring conditions should be excellent.:biggthump

they had another 5 inches between reports this morning and we are rapidly approaching 300 inches. I haven't shoveled yet at home this year. 96 was an even bigger snow year I am told but I wasn't here then myself. I am thinking this is another snowy march year so the spring conditions should be excellent.:biggthump

Might have been 95-96. They opened the mountain on weekends in October 'cause there was so much early snow. I am really glad you are having one.

I am sure glad I bought a 4807 on a whim. I now have a 168 OSIN and a 178 dynastar and they have recieved far more time than my alpine setup. It truly is a deep steep year. We have had groom for sure but its hard to pass up a powder day:eplus2:

Probably the...moment of silence...96-97 year. Damn that was a good year.

just got back from big mtn:biggthump

Another stellar day with 5 inches over night and 10 in the last 24 hrs several feet in the last 4-5 days. I rode the 4807 down the face in a foot of fresh all morning and then went back country all afternoon. It was hip deep in hellroaring basin:eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2:

We even hiked up hellroaring peak for a run that was undescribable:1luvu:

I was having so much fun I forgot to take pictures sorry:o

paulk would have loved it not sure about the rest of you:lol:

When I stop moving this evening I will truly stop moving I got nuthin left:biggthump

So Im sittin here reading resort reviews for Europe.. so I said what heck I'll see what they say about Big Mountain... I went to Goski.com

Man if you read them,, you would never come here!!! so I guess don't.??

I must come clean.. these pictures are not from Big Mountain.. these are From Peak and Peek...

If we were in Big Mountain..it would just be a big white cloudy mess...

sorry guys.. it was a bad prank.. :smashfrea

Shred

Ahhhh !!!!!

YOur quote and pics from Jan 28th. Poor, poor Fred see quote below from Goski.com. I think Fred feels cheated 'cause his wife cut him off for being such an ass and ruining their vacation. I bet he couldn't find a glade if it was shoved up his... ski boot.

Not sure if the pics show up. Just thought it was funny. Our midlands carvers are living a dream of powder and cord and this guy posts this.

Fred (Minneapolis, MN USA, 27 Jan, 2007): We visited the Big Mountain and found that contrary to other posts here, all of the terrain is NOT accessable during the week. When the Bigfoot T-Bar is not operating, the terrain it serves cannot be accessed by any lift. The person claiming that the hi speed quad services this area is either untruthful, or can fly. I feel cheated, since my family went out there for the "glades", etc. they're bragging about on their website, yet were not able to ski it. The High speed Quad on the frontside broke down and never worked again during our abbreviated stay. The other slower chairs that run alongside the quad look like they're from Antiques Roadshow. Lots of cheesy houses being built, resembles a ghetto. Management offered "snow day" tickets good for another day in the same season. Good luck! P.S. Went to Schweitzer in Northern Idaho after out Big Mountain fiasco, way better, friendly, competant.

I did like "Ryan's" quote about the annoying snow that flies up into your face.

post-805-141842230174_thumb.jpg

post-805-141842230176_thumb.jpg

I hate Ohio. Peek'n Peak will kill me with boredum. It looks so good at The Big Mountain today. Dr D did you get out today?

beaut of a day:biggthump I got into some bad chow last nite and couldn't afford to get that far from home :angryfire this AM. I will be up thursday though:biggthump should be some great carving now that it FINALLY stopped snowing:lol:

It is really warm in the valley today so afternoons might get a little soft. No more fog this year knock on wood:smashfrea