Note to New Members ×

Big Mtn Daily Rub In....

Paulk

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Fred is right. big mnt either kicks ass or sucks rocks.with the lift pass they offer, you HAVE to stop riding to get it. when you go that far and live in Ohio why would you stop riding? ride the half of the mountain open. there policy is horse sh$%#

They are spending too much$$$ on condos and none on the old lifts. :smashfrea

About the lifts shutting down.

When Whistler had those lifts that were coming apart back in 91 or 92, YAN lifts, (Your Airborn Now ). Sun Valley had the same kind and got all paranoid and shut down all their quads for three days.

Butt... if you took the old double up Exhibition, took the mile long cat track to Seattle Ridge, rode up the double and then down to the bowl chair back up and then the skating traverse for 1/2 mile you could get to the top of the mountain.

Now Sun Valley isn't usually too crowded kind of like Big Mtn that way.But once you were at the top of the mountain Warm Springs was the absolute buffed, best condition it has ever been (and probably will ever be). It was almost like Heli cord cause no one was around anywhere. It was surreal.

And then I would carve down into the hell zone of disgruntled, whiny tourons. :barf: Take the shuttle bus to the other side of the mountain and do it all over again. Worth it for sure. Even though I could only get four runs in a day. It was my carving dream.

Not sure how the hell this relates other than some people get lemons and cry in their beer and some make lemonade. I made endless carves that no one skied over so I could see the beauty and the perfection the next run.

Not that you are in the same league as Fred, Mr. Karvlow. Not my point. It just made me think of a time when all the guests were pissed and I was in rapture.

can't tell you how many times that has happened! I hear em b-tchin in the lift line about whatever on a day that I am having a blast. It helps to know the mtn for sure and to be willing to ask if you don't. If there are locals (the guys with perm passes) riding then its good somewhere because we don't go up on bad days!:biggthump

Absolute east coast conditions today.wide open untracked untamed fields of carefully groomed and finished glazed concrete:rolleyes:

Hard as steel groom today but funny thing every one that showed up was in the lodge. I was maybe one of ten people on the quad at any given time all day.

boy it sure sucks to have a local mountain where a guy can get so lonely:lol:

Well then Im sure glad I slept in! duhhh.. I knew they shut down..power transformer, only the main chair was running but,, Really all you can't ride then is the back..if you really want to make it ..to the other runs you can.. It takes some trail riding but you can make it to it all... just work..

so nap away!! I said!

:sleep:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9WeuuCiE9Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9WeuuCiE9Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

hard boots on a burton malolo, I wish I had some footage of the prior 4wd being ridden... ah well, next season.