Name your poison

BBQ Chef

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gosling's Black Seal rum and Barritt's ginger beer. Only Barritt's will do. None of these Stewart's or Jamaican immitations. And ginger ale does not cut it.

I know people love it, but I really can't do Scotch, at all. For slow sipping, give me the blue agave Tequila, fine rum (Bacardi 8 is real nice), or a straight up dry vodka Martini with olives.

I'm stoked to hear that not only are you guys a great bunch of people, but also a bunch of pisshead tequila drinkers as well. I'm gonna have to make it to some of those camps next season...

Vlad, shame about the Swede, but some people just canna handle their mezcal. She should try some of the stuff my boss bought me back from Mexico - now that's kosher tequila, and it kicks like a mule ...

And yes - I definitely save the T for afters - I can't board when I'm sober. Although maybe I should give it a try - my heelsides might improve!

Originally posted by BBQ Chef

I love the Woodford Reserve. Basil Haydens is also real nice. Yesterday when I started this thread I was sipping on a new OUTSTANDING discovery. 15 year old Old Rip VanWinkle. 107 proof and smooth. I think it is nicer than the Bookers.

I like a nice Stout to start, but then small batch Bourbon is great. I put Bookers in flasks for all my groomsmen a few years back, that turned out to be a lot of fun at the reception :)

fall\winter: dark beer (sam' winter/ or brooklin black choc. stout)

spring/summer: lighter fare and gin

year 'round: captain and ginger, myers and tonic, molsin canadian(served at most dives) capn 'n red bull

favorite shot: chilled jager, chilled baileys close second

i'll also pretty much drink nail polish remover:)

chris

Guest Marilyn Cambers

bret, cc, rikki & bobby????

For the weaklings they get sedatives, but for the big tough guys they definitely get the cyanide!!

Marilyn

;)

post-320-141842197524_thumb.jpg

Not that I mind thinking about/talking about/drinking favorite alcoholic beverages, but this topic is a repeat from last spring. Someone should take a survey and see if increased alcohol consumption is really correlated to closure of area ski hills.

Nice to see so many high-end tequila drinkers here. Yum, there's a taste that I'm glad to have acquired.

Otherwise, it's gotta be the NW microbrews. Bridgeport's Ebenezer (winter ale) is a classic, and so is Rogue Dead Guy. On the Canadian beers, I'll see your Maudite, and I'll raise you a "Fin du Monde." Something that tastes that good has to be good for you, right?

Originally posted by BBQ Chef

So what do you like to drink?

I like Bourbon when I am having alcohol. After a day of snowboarding, a nice Magic Hat is excellent.

what goes into a magic hat? besides a rabbit . . .

Originally posted by Dan

On the Canadian beers, I'll see your Maudite, and I'll raise you a "Fin du Monde." Something that tastes that good has to be good for you, right?

If you like La Fin du Monde, I'd recommend giving the DogFish Head "Raison D'être" a try as well. Slightly lower alcohol content (8% vs 9%) but the taste has a similar character.

Shred,

Nice pic!!! That's from Macayo's right? That Sombrero is pretty deep and can hold lots of tequila...um...I mean margaritas. I've got the Senor and Senorita.

My poison...

At home... I love the Grey Goose or Cuervo 1800.

When I'm west of the Rockies, I'm like a possessed crack addict and can't function until I have my Deschutes Black Butte Porter.

Guest BraveGnuWorld
When I'm west of the Rockies, I'm like a possessed crack addict and can't function until I have my Deschutes Black Butte Porter.

UH HUH. That describes me pretty well too. And I'm almost always west of the rockies. Their Mirror Pond ale ain't bad for summer either. But when there's a chill in the air, ain't nuthin like my sweet smooth Black Butte. Once you've gone Black, you'll never go back. :D

MAudite is served at alocal pub called Which Brew that these two Wicken chix own and are hot. They keep it in the cooler b/f poularity.

The guy with PBR. I thought tah only happened in Pittsburgh, PA. WE use to visit the neighborhood garage refrigerators as teenagers.

What geos with a Magic hat? Another Magic Hat...#9

Lastly, Chimay Red, although pricey, it is a good celebration beer.

Check next post for a drinkin challenge my buddies and i are doing for the hell of it. then again after reading the threads,most of you should have no problem with it.

Long Live barley Sandwiches

Greg

BEER CAN Challenge Rules: These can be adjusted for you professional drinkers out there of course***.

-6 member team meets at designated house and plan to stay over. I encourage drinking but not stupidity.

-Purchase 4 cases of beer of diff types light to dark and heavy(ale to stoudts)

-Each team member must consume 16 beers (4 of each type) each in 8 hours period*** refer above. Cut the time limit or up the amount of beer.

-Anyone can drink a case of Coors Water or I mean light.

-The type cannot be repeated on followup events.

-OH the last rule have the girls schedule their night the same night somewhere else. Unless they are on the team.

Let meknow how it goes. WE are looking to make this a semiannual event. looking to set additional rules that would get you messed up worse besides liquor. Maybe shotgunning or funneling.

Let me know how it goes and any changes you try.

Greg