BBQ Chef

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by mirror70

If you like La Fin du Monde, I'd recommend giving the DogFish Head "Raison D'être" a try as well. Slightly lower alcohol content (8% vs 9%) but the taste has a similar character.

Thanks for the rec - if I can find it out here, I'll definitely give it a try.

Chubz, here's a drinking game for you. My college track team ran an event called "The Beer Mile." It goes like this: get five beers and go to a track. Chug a beer, run a lap, chug a beer, run a lap, chug a beer, run a lap, chug a beer, run a lap, and then chug your final beer. No time penalties for throwing up, though of course it will slow you down.

I seem to recall that a friend of mine on the women's track team turned in a sub-8 minute beer mile, but even given our heavy drinking/high tolerance in college, that seems impossible to me now. I'll have to look into this.

Oh, and Beer Miles are sometimes followed by "Naked 4x400s", but that's a whole other, much more sordid story.

Take an old ski (200+cm)...epoxy 4 pint glasses to the ski, equally spaced...fill with beer...line up fpur guys (girls work too)...consume as a team.

Also can be done as a shotski...

its a bitch to clean but...

-Noah

"The only good ski is a brewski"

Dan

THanks for the idea on the Beer Mile. Only a few problems:

-you havent seen the guys I drink with, no runnning involved except Rick who is a 52 year old health freak.

-I haven't done any consistent running since playing rugby in college 12 years ago. And I guarantee you we ran further during a game than a mile, of course with a keg on the sidelines for hydration. I stay in shape at the local gym on the EFX, stair climber and SPin classes but they dont permit coolers or kegs at the gym.

-Since some is coming maybe just watch track and field on the TV and drink for each lap completed.

-Lastly, I love a girl that can hold her own but sometimes the good ones scare me if they can drink more than me.

With respect to the Brewski, how about a boardski? For initiation on the rugby team, rookies had to do cleet chug, by filling another rookie's shoe with beer and chugging it at the end of the game. Maybe do some boot chugs.

Later

Greg

Mmm... I had a "la fin du monde" once when I visited Hull, Canada. Tastey, but not as tastey as an Extreme Onction from "the Devil" microbrew at Tremblant. :D

Of course I'm not a beer drinker; only when I can't get my hands on a nice bourbon or scotch.

Guest MishyMawooh

In the winter I go for a nice smooth Black Velvet. Cosmos come out in the spring.

Tequilla always gets the job done too, but it's more of a summer time drink for me.

• 4 weeks later...