Note to New Members ×

Alternative riding tools

monodude

First off I would like to thank all of you guys for accepting a Monoskiier to your forum. I'm here because:

I ,(like all of you) am after "The Carve"

I don't follow "the norm"

I ride what I like regardless of what "the norm" thinks

I like to hang out with original thinkers not those who follow the crowd

I like to hang out with "Real People" not posers

It's not about speed or tricks, it's about carving... in a Zen like fashon

When you put the board on edge nothing else exists. True passion

Equipment is purchased/used for function NOT brand name

I hope to hang out with more of you guys this season...

Don

Feed the addiction

First off I would like to thank all of you guys for accepting a Monoskiier to your forum. I'm here because:

I ,(like all of you) am after "The Carve"

I don't follow "the norm"

I ride what I like regardless of what "the norm" thinks

I like to hang out with original thinkers not those who follow the crowd

I like to hang out with "Real People" not posers

It's not about speed or tricks, it's about carving... in a Zen like fashon

When you put the board on edge nothing else exists. True passion

Equipment is purchased/used for function NOT brand name

I hope to hang out with more of you guys this season...

Don

Feed the addiction

Let go up some time...just stay 100 feet back, and dont talk to me...Monoskier!!!! :p

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

My father is a Monoskier!!!

A monoskier joined us for some turns last year during late season @ Abasin (I think it was in May). Was it you? Just curious...

RDY I think that would have been me. There isn't any other Monoskiers who pursue the carve like me.

Let go up some time...just stay 100 feet back, and dont talk to me...Monoskier!!!!

We'll get along just fine, knuckle dragger :ices_ange

Hey Don, I remember you telling me you ran into some hard core carvers around that time. You also mentioned that you ran into Fin on the hill , right?

You fit right in with this bunch of characters Don. Will you sign my WM DVD when it arrives? The last couple years they dropped the Sunday night show, so I have not been able to see it.

FYI, technically Don is/was an alpine snowboarder also. He made a good go of it last season.

Carve on MonoDude!!

I was wondering, would it be possible to have snowboard hardboots bindings mounted in front and back of the standard bindings on a monoski and have it do double duty?

That wouldn't work with standard ski bindings as they are longer than the inserts on the board are wide. Besides the weight...

Don

Feed the addiction

From another thread:

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 111438" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>DiveBomber</TD><TD class=alt2>On a Mono?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

DB, He rides snowboards mounted with mono bindings... did you see Warren Miller's film this year? If you did, you saw Monodude.

Welcome mono-guy. I, Justin, am an educated man; I have my fingers on the pulse of the community, so I ask you; what the hell is a monoski?

(sorry for the butchering of a classic Clerks line :barf: ) but seriously, what's a mono ski? I've heard of them, heard my board called one, but I have no Idea what they are or look like.

Welcome mono-guy. I, Justin, am an educated man; I have my fingers on the pulse of the community, so I ask you; what the hell is a monoski?

Justin, a Monoski/Monoboard is very similar to an Alpine board in length and width and as in any "board" different scr's are available. What makes it a Mono is the way the bindings are mounted. We use traditional Salomon ski bindings mounted side by side. Some guys use a non-release bail binding. We also use standard ski poles and boots.

Don

Feed the addiction...

How do you get your board on the toeside edge with free-heel bindings?

I'd imagine the bindings are mounted parallel with the board, so you'd use side to side motion to get it to lean. Theres no more heel and toeside per se, just left and right side..

Monodude:

No offense, I find the art of monoskiing just that, an art, but do you ever confuse people with your name?? "Mono"-dude?:)

I'm just messin with ya.

It'd be pretty neat to try monoskiing some time.

Gilmour picked up Teleboards really quick and subsequently wrecked himself on one just hours after getting 4th at the "World Championship" here at Wachusett ( 2004 ?).

Granted, John is an amazing rider and total speed demon.

I thought the Teleboard guys were based in New Hampshire. They do alot of demos in New England.

John raved about thier ability to handle serious g's at speed.

chunky bumpy wiggles http://www.teleboardusa.com/movies/teleboard_bumpjump.mov

It'd be pretty neat to try monoskiing some time.

I'm sure I'll bring some of the demos to SES. If anyone is coming up to the Race to the cup on Mon and Tues wants to try the twin shape, I have demos I can bring up. Most of the other Demos are in California still. I am talking about monoski demos of course.

RDY I think that would have been me. There isn't any other Monoskiers who pursue the carve like me.

Yes, it was you -- you and I took a few runs together, good fun. Nice way to end the season (at least for me, it was my last day). Hope to see you around again this season Don,

tom.