Note to New Members ×

Coiler Update

daveo

Nirvana energy 174cm, 22cm width, T4 torsion plus with a 12 /14 SC.  HH nose, race tail.

Softy is a 168cm Fawcet shape BXFR ( much more towards the BX), 27cm width, 10/12 SC.

Both stiffened up for a 200+ pound rider.

Delivery tomorrow.

Pics forthcoming.

Edited by Atom Ant
  • Like 2

Got a spot in June.  This will be my first time working with Bruce, and my first custom board EVER!!  Gonna do 2 this summer.  A Thirst Superconductor from Mark and a Coiler.  

The Coiler I’m thinking something around 170 that will crank tight turns on a steeper narrow blue runs (SoCal, Big Bear) but with the capability of opening up and balls to the wall on more open wider runs (Mammoth, Montucky).  Other than that I’m gonna let Bruce work his magic and worry about my top sheet graphics!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jcar said:

Got a spot in June.  This will be my first time working with Bruce, and my first custom board EVER!!  Gonna do 2 this summer.  A Thirst Superconductor from Mark and a Coiler.  

The Coiler I’m thinking something around 170 that will crank tight turns on a steeper narrow blue runs (SoCal, Big Bear) but with the capability of opening up and balls to the wall on more open wider runs (Mammoth, Montucky).  Other than that I’m gonna let Bruce work his magic and worry about my top sheet graphics!

Geez, big bear, Carving there must be...... terrifying. West coast equivalent to whatever is closest to NYC....

• Like 1

anyone asked bruce for more than his usual amount of camber? responses/results?

does the amount of camber differ on his models? is it dictated by rider weight?

I ask because i really enjoy the energy coming out of turns on a board with substantial camber, and i'm thinking of asking for more on my next build.

thx!!

1 hour ago, steven said:

I ask because i really enjoy the energy coming out of turns on a board with substantial camber, and i'm thinking of asking for more on my next build.

thx!!

Energy doesn't come from just camber rely on Bruce's advice .

1 hour ago, steven said:

thx!!

I think it depends on if he has a mold built with more. He might as he’s been at it since the old days when boards had way more. 

I asked him to build a board that was mostly rockered and he really didn’t want to do it. He said that’s the modification that really runs him into hours. 

1 hour ago, bobdea said:

I asked him to build a board that was mostly rockered and he really didn’t want to do it. He said that’s the modification that really runs him into hours. 

Damn, I was hoping to get a more gradual decamber from further back toward the front binding. Guess that ain't happenin!

1 hour ago, daveo said:

Damn, I was hoping to get a more gradual decamber from further back toward the front binding. Guess that ain't happenin!

That’s less extreme than what I was asking, he might have something from another shape? 

37 minutes ago, bobdea said:

That’s less extreme than what I was asking, he might have something from another shape? 

Ah true. I'll ask.

Did you want the banana rocker skate tech magnetraction triple base technology powder rocker camber decamber special? 

On 3/20/2019 at 2:10 PM, bigwavedave said:

Yup, signed up for a summer build spot too, after seeing Shred's new Monster which inspired me to do something I've been meaning to for a few years--replace my 20 yr old 180 Incline that has inserts pulling out and terrible base suck etc.

Despite its 180cm  length it has a friendly 11m scr and with a 23.5cm width it's been my favorite hardboot carver on super soft (1st day) groomers, 6" inch or more pow on top of groom or spring slush surfing. The board that would have been nice to have at MCC:smashfrea...and did not have with me!

Anyway, that's what I told Bruce. Haven't worked out any details other than it will be around 185  or 188cm  with a tight scr for the length, maybe feel like 11-12m? and a similar shape to Shred's new Monster. Bruce already has some ideas...he'll work out the details. Wonder if I should let him pick out the topsheet graphics too?:eek:

I do graphics if you need help!

Received mine today, sadly the season is pretty much over...

20190329_190721.jpg

Edited by Technick
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Technick can I ask the setback and taper on this board? Also how much decamber does the nose have? As in if you stand on it on a hard floor and push a piece of paper under it from the nose, how far does it go before it get stuck between the floor and the base?

I think I'll be ordering something verrrrry similar!

2 hours ago, daveo said:

@Technick can I ask the setback and taper on this board? Also how much decamber does the nose have? As in if you stand on it on a hard floor and push a piece of paper under it from the nose, how far does it go before it get stuck between the floor and the base?

I think I'll be ordering something verrrrry similar!

Really.... You guys are so silly.. Haha.. 

I think you guys know what you want... Just buy one.. 

I put in my my order but at the end you just trust it.. Actually you trust coiler.. Hasn't let me down yet.. 

For the most part ya just tell him what you want it to ride like.. 

It just get better.... 

What a guy.. Thanks BV. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shred Gruumer said:

I put in my my order but at the end you just trust it.. Actually you trust coiler.. Hasn't let me down yet.. 

It just get better.... 

What a guy.. Thanks BV. 

I need numbers man... I need numbers! 

But I totally agree. Total trust in Prof BV. Actually it is more to see if in my mind my design idea is the same... 

10 hours ago, Shred Gruumer said:

It just get better.... 

What a guy.. Thanks BV. 

Yes, this is what I say, trust the boardmaster. 

• Like 1