Note to New Members ×

Where In The United States Is There Always Snow?

Ren Pale

If I ever move I want to be able to snowboard everyday.

I'm assuming Colorado and Norcal are contenders, someone also said Jackson Hole in Wyoming.

Also, I'm looking for an old Burton DVD that had the Silversun Pickups in it as a song. Sorry but I can't find the name of the song.

Thanks for any responses.

Well "always having snow" doesn't mean it's easily accessible or hospitable or conducive for snowboarding. 

Best optimum would be living within one hour of access to Lift Service that ran into summer...so nine months is possible....but  of course who needs lifts if your willing to hike to earn your turns.

I don't know the resorts but I think Washington and Oregon both have Lift Served shred camps running into June/July

2 hours ago, Jack M said:

Mt. Hood.  Beartooth Basin.

I am counting on the scientists who are saying that reduced sunspot activity is going to send us into a mini ice age in the not so distant future.

https://www.iflscience.com/environment/we-could-be-heading-mini-ice-age-2030/

Yeah, let’s hope that’s the case. It’s not that unlikely. What’s scary about that is a situation where it delays work on dealing with carbon emissions. Even if there isn’t a climate change issue burning oil, coal and even biomass isn’t sustainable long term and bad for human health. We’d be better off figuring out other uses for that carbon for the long haul being that they are finite resources. 

11 hours ago, bobdea said:

Yeah, let’s hope that’s the case. It’s not that unlikely. What’s scary about that is a situation where it delays work on dealing with carbon emissions. Even if there isn’t a climate change issue burning oil, coal and even biomass isn’t sustainable long term and bad for human health. We’d be better off figuring out other uses for that carbon for the long haul being that they are finite resources. 

What-If-Its-A-Hoax-56a74f4c5f9b58b7d0e8f300.jpg.f210e9348e55444e7f9d58913b8892f1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2