Note to New Members ×

Anybody heard from Bruce at Coiler Lately?

barryj

21 hours ago, west carven said:

hey! leave the master alone... it golf season... what is wrong with you guys...

Ha!  I've been telling you guys that having no Bomber store this Summer was going to be the death of me!   I got no outlet for my carving vicariously via retail!!!   ?

So yes, I had  a moment of weakness and contacted Master Bruce ?‍♂️......but hereby promise to not bother the Master(s) until the end of Summer, fall equinox, Sept. 22      God!.....I only hope the Bomber store opens WAY before that! :eek: 

Man is it gonna be a Looong Summer!  Geez!!   :cool:  :lurk:

On 7/6/2018 at 8:35 PM, barryj said:

Ha!  I've been telling you guys that having no Bomber store this Summer was going to be the death of me!   I got no outlet for my carving vicariously via retail!!!   ?

So yes, I had  a moment of weakness and contacted Master Bruce ?‍♂️......but hereby promise to not bother the Master(s) until the end of Summer, fall equinox, Sept. 22      God!.....I only hope the Bomber store opens WAY before that! :eek: 

Man is it gonna be a Looong Summer!  Geez!!   :cool:  :lurk:

You could always plan a trip to the  " Great White North " play a round of golf  visit the necca of board development get stripped searched at the airport and get your name added to the  CIA FBI watch list for visiting an Aluminum exporting country that is a Military  threat to the USA. Bruce can send you over my way and i can take you Muskie fishing . Or you can stay home and watch CNN. Either way it's going to be a long hot summer ! 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, RoroSnow said:

Corey, I think you could tell us a little bit more about that Revelation, couldn't you ?.....

The Revelation doesn't seem to appear on Coiler website...

See here for more details.  http://forums.alpinesnowboarder.com/topic/42371-coiler-revelation/  Idea by Dave, design by Bruce.  It offered some of the best properties of many different boards I've liked.  It's a free-carvey race board.  Likes to finish turns, stable, wide range of turn shapes.  

Great, now I want to go snowboarding in freaking July...  ?  

On 7/27/2018 at 3:49 PM, Corey said:

It offered some of the best properties of many different boards I've liked.  It's a free-carvey race board.  Likes to finish turns, stable, wide range of turn shapes.  

Hey Corey....... maybe I missed it.......but what's the waist on that new Revelation??   Trying to find an Coiler to Coiler comparison - would you say it's more like a GS board.....as compared to a Coiler Angry being more of a slalom board ?? 

Coiler will make any waist width you want. I'll likely get a 20 cm waist, though I'm thinking about 22. I'll discuss with Bruce to get his thoughts. I liked Dave's at 20.5, but I try to be consistent with either 20 or 22 waists to make binding swaps simpler. 

The 13/14 range is like an intermediate between an SL and a GS board early in the turn, but finishes the turn harder than a slalom board when on the tail. I think Dave's on to something pretty awesome with this idea of a smaller sidecut spread on a race-style board. 

On 7/29/2018 at 3:31 AM, Corey said:

Coiler will make any waist width you want. 

Bruce will encourage you not to go with widths he thinks won’t work. I wanted a 23 cm AMT but he talked me into 22. Also I don’t believe he can go as wide as Sean can so if you want that 32 cm duck-stance board for softies Donek is the better bet. 

• Haha 1