Note to New Members ×

some prototypes

Alexey

4 hours ago, daveo said:

You got stung by a bee? Ouch. Hope you're okay mate.

Not me, the board :

Floats like butterfly, stings like a bee! ? 

13 hours ago, west carven said:

howdy

looks like something I would enjoy... 167L 23W 8-10SCR in XS, S, M... if you need a tester/reviewer...

what's in the guts of the blueb?...

The bee weighs about 183 lbs nowadays. The M, S and XS stand for stiffness, based of the M stiffness of the OES SL board, presumably. 

13 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

@BlueBBlue Bee signature model!

Hope there's still snow where you are, otherwise it'll be a LONG summer.

(always read the fine print)

Good detective work! 

Blackcomb glacier will be open to the end of July... Not ideal conditions, but it will give us some idea... 

20 hours ago, Corey said:

What are they?  I see a seriously tight nose sidecut!  

Designed to be an ultimate freeride/carver for hardboots, or softies for those who like very forward angles. 

The nose sidecut is about 8m, looks tighter because of lots of taper. The sidecut goes high up into decambered nose, creating the taper. However, there's almost no taper at the contact length. 

The inspiration for this board came from few excellent, yet not perfect, alpine free ride boards that me and few local riders have tried and frrom versatility of modern slalom boards (OES SL included). For few years I tried to convince Alexey that he needed this type of board in his lineup and that we possibly could redesign one of the existing boards to fit the bill. However, now he decided to develop it from scratch - new molds and everything. I've designed the geometry (so blame it on me if it didn't work), while the core thickness and construction I left to Alexey. 

1 minute ago, west carven said:

howdy blueb

I was talking about the board... haha... carbon?... metal?... honeycomb carbon weave?...

Wahahaha, of course, I misunderstood - Brainless B... 

Kevlar laminate on wood core. Honeycomb and carbon are notorious for breaking, I've killed at least 3 Nidecker Protos... Kevlar will be less brittle, yet dampen the vibration better then glass or carbon, while still lighter then glass! 

5 hours ago, BlueB said:

Kevlar laminate on wood core. Honeycomb and carbon are notorious for breaking, I've killed at least 3 Nidecker Protos... 

Hmm it looks more like Niedecker is piece of ? and why are you using it after some many failures is rather questionable. I have been ridding Carbon boards from 4 different  manufacturers for about 15 years without single failure. So where is the problem? Maybe some people simply know how to build boards ?.

37 minutes ago, Ladia said:

Hmm it looks more like Niedecker is piece of ? and why are you using it after some many failures is rather questionable. I have been ridding Carbon boards from 4 different  manufacturers for about 15 years without single failure. So where is the problem? Maybe some people simply know how to build boards ?.

I suspect the honeycomb is the problem... I used them because it's still the most versatile board for the stuff I like to do (besides carving). I would imagine it's all the jumps (and crashes) in the park, closely followed by mogul bashing, that shortens the life a bit ?

9 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

Love the graphics, nice work.  Should be a fun board. 

Thanks Jack! 
Now when I look on it, I should have turned that bee 45 clockwise - it would make sense both when on the rack and when flt on snow... 

21 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

Love the graphics, nice work.  Should be a fun board.  My next softboot bindings will be Now O-Drive.

I remember seeing a video on the forum of (two ?) guys riding togother, one on a (the cross ?)kessler ripping in softboots, and I think he was using Now O-Drive bindings.

Plus, It's quite hard to find true carving reviews of those bindings on the net.....

Apparently, if skilled enough, they seem to let you cave pretty well....  :cool:

Unfortunatly, I don't remember where on the forum I did see it.......  :smashfrea

22 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

My next softboot bindings will be Now O-Drive.

The concept of isolating heel and toe sounds great to me but the dead band feel between that worries me so look forward tto the report 

32 minutes ago, charliechocolate said:

I was gonna go hit the waves this weekend... but I guess I have better plans now ?

Carry on with the waves plan... the glacier doesn't open until June 9. 
Unless you wanted to come by and pet the boards ?