Note to New Members ×

07 Deeluxe - sneak peek

Markman

Just thought I would pass this pic along.

It is of next year's Deeluxe 325. Indy and Suzuka remain, but the SB series is being revamped. For all of you who despised the plastic ratchet buckles, check these out. It is meant as a performance freecarve boot and also for entry level racers.

M

post-1595-141842216175_thumb.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a problem with my SB's that I am wondering if it will be solved... On the second strap, the top cord doesn't fit it its groove properly because part of the upper shell gets in the way... I suppose I could fix it by just cutting away at that protruding part of the shell... does anyone know what I am talking about?

I have a problem with my SB's that I am wondering if it will be solved... On the second strap, the top cord doesn't fit it its groove properly because part of the upper shell gets in the way... I suppose I could fix it by just cutting away at that protruding part of the shell... does anyone know what I am talking about?

Yes, I do the toe straps first, then the 2 upper shell straps and then the ankle strap to get it to "go together". Then I end up cranking the upper shell straps down a bit more

I like the reversed bottom buckle like on AT boots. This will help a lot when postholing along in deep snow, or just stepping off the board in deeper snow on a powder day. My bottom buckles always come undone in these situations. Having the clasp on top should minimize that problem.

Couldn't resist. Some old molds in a new coat.

Look at the prices:225: 65,100 yen and the 325T: 75,600 yen.

You can buy a Donek Olympic for the 325T. Well think they will be cheaper in the USA and Europe.

Greets, Hans.

post-105-141842216192_thumb.jpg

post-105-141842216447_thumb.jpg

Anyone know what the difference is (besides color) between the two models?

If you look at the model card at the pics:

225 is comparable to the Lemans (same mold?) and 325T is comparable to Indy (not the same mold). Indy's and Suzuka's will stay next season. I rode the 325's I think about 8 years ago. Found them equally stiff or stiffer than my former AF700/Indy's. Molds look very familiar to me. Anyone else?

Greets, Hans.

• 2 months later...
I know this thread is a little old, but im still curious about these new boots. will bomber be supplying them via internet shop or will i have to get them through the local winter sports shop?

if they are available, bomber will have them.

still pissed they didnt put buckles on the AF boots. maybe next season.

like to see a improvement of the boot, these shells are a decade old and the cants have been a issue since day one, the buckles are anoying but the cuff cant is dangerous

at least burton got the message back in 1999 and started putting cants in that dont slip and explode

the raichle in their wisdom solved the issue on the AF by putting in a damn mechanism that only offers two posistions.

I guess Im still fine with my UPZ boots. :p 'sides, I do recall I enjoy those boots, the Deeluxes, when I was demoing them at one time at Mt Hood over summer of 99. I dont recall which model it was. Would be nice to try them all again and see if Id like to have one.

if they are available, bomber will have them.

still pissed they didnt put buckles on the AF boots. maybe next season.

nobody around here stocks their shelves with alpine equipment, but i can go to a shop in saratoga and have them order them direct for me.

edit: and maybe the buckles are just a test? perhaps if the new SBs sell well they will slap em on all their boots, but im sure they wouldnt be too thrilled replacing their ratchets with buckles and not selling any hardboots that year. We obviously know it would be a hit, but maybe deeluxe wasnt so sure.

ohh, and i think when they decided on ratchets and softer heels, they might have been thinking about replacement part sales... youve gatta make a living somehow.

Because lots of us still like the SBs?

cuz you're stuck in the PAST

nah, just kidding.

pow's probably right. just testing the waters. but come on, man..that SB boot...narrow, and OLD looking.

the AF with moldable liners and real buckles? shiiiiit

but come on, man..that SB boot...narrow, and OLD looking.

As someone who switched from SB to AF only this past season.... if the AFs are wider it must not be by much. I couldn't tell. The only difference fit-wise that I saw was a roomier toe box... which made a nice difference for me.