Note to New Members ×

07 Deeluxe - sneak peek

Markman

That measurement is actually to my second toe as mine are actually a bit longer than my big toe. Not sure if it's from my Italian or German background lol.

as a german amereican i can tell you that your longer index toe probably comes from that side of the familly. i have the longer "index toe" too.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That measurement is actually to my second toe as mine are actually a bit longer than my big toe. Not sure if it's from my Italian or German background lol. I have high-archs too. Hans, why would that, in your case, force you to roundup to a M27? FYI shoe-wise I wear a Birkenstock 42N, I say that because all my shoes from formal to my houseshoe are Birkenstock 42N/M.

Thanks,

DrCR

My normal shoes are 41.5 wide.

I had a Raichle 700 (Indy) before. My bootfitter had to stretch the boots out a dozen times in the toebox before they had a reasonable fit. I also let made some custom footbeds by a manufacturer who made these footbeds for our national footballplayers. After this and some serious money, the boots fitted but not satisfying. This season a bought some secondhand Suzuka's and they fitted better. My arch is so high that the second buckle which go over the arch, is closed at the utmost first possibility you come across. Otherwise I can't close the damn thing. That's why I have mondo 27. And also my frontfoot is very wide. Even the mondo 27, I have them stretched at the toebox for five times.

Even my Northwave .900, size 26.5/27, I have lowered the hard plastic insole to fit my arch into the boot. But now these boots where the best fitted boots I have right now.

What freecarver said is right: after one week of use my Northwaves reached to utmost fit.

Greets, Hans.

as a german amereican i can tell you that your longer index toe probably comes from that side of the familly. i have the longer "index toe" too.

ahhhh...I'm half German and my second toe is shorter than my great toe....

Long second toes are a mark of STUBBORNNESS!

did I mention my husband 's second toe is longer than his great toe?

lol that is thread has turned into a toe discussion. I'm 1/2 German Rheinland-Pfalz area, 1/4 Italian Rome area and origin of my surname, 1/4 Irish Southern area. But because my dad has it, I can narrow it down to the German or Italian.

I've always thought of it as a sign of speed. I'm a decently good track sprinter (~21-22sec on the 200m, though only play soccer now) and the only times I've been bet it's been by guys with the [stubborn] toe. ;) skatha, what area is particular is your German background? Just curious.

Anyway, thanks for your post Hans. Makes since that with your wider feet you would have an issue with toeboxes. I'm going to have to get my hands on a Northwave, though I don't have the green right now though. The Northwaves aren't thermal-anything, correct?

lol we're all talking about being xx.xx% european rather than admitting we're actually melting-pot muts lol, and you're from Arnhem. :)

DrCR

well, my grandfather has it, hes fully german. im not sure about my german/polish grandma, and my english/irish father doesnt have it.

anyway, back to boots... are the new track boots ganna come in ladies sizes do you thing? no i dont have girly feet, but i have a girl who might be interested in riding alpine next season and she has feet too, so she needs boots. i still dont understand the gentler sex of the alpine world... "what kind of boots do girls like and what kind of board is best?" type of thing. its mostly the boots im concerned about.

Hey! It has a name. Morton's Toe:

Link Here

Morton's Toe

Morton's Toe is a common forefoot disorder where the second toe is longer than the Big Toe (the Hallux).

Cause

Morton's toe leads to excessive pressure on the second metatarsal head (behind the second toe at the ball- of-the-foot) resulting in pain similar to the discomfort associated with metatarsalgia. The constant pressure placed on the longer second toe while walking or standing can lead to callus formation under the second metatarsal head due to this excessive pressure.

Treatment and Prevention

Proper treatment of Morton's Toe starts with selecting proper footwear. Footwear with a high and wide toe box (toe area) is ideal for treating this condition. It may be necessary to buy footwear a half size to a size larger to accommodate the longer second toe.

Orthotics that feature arch support to keep the foot aligned, and a metatarsal pad to reduce stress on the ball-of-the-foot are often recommended when treating this condition. Proper footwear combined with a effective orthotic will provide relief from pain associated with Morton's Toe.

If problem persists, consult a foot doctor.

Who knew?

Fin,

A couple of questions:

Are those moldable liners in the Track 325?

If so, are they like the NT or the speed liner?

How about taking preorders (deposit) on the Tracks and or some of the other products you are out of until next season like the BTS?

May help you forecast how much product you should stock/ produce.

What say you?

Hello Baron,

Are those moldable liners in the Track 325?

Yep, they are the moldable liners.

If so, are they like the NT or the speed liner?

Speed model. The NT is pretty much for soft boots or hardshell boots with a low cuff.

How about taking preorders (deposit) on the Tracks and or some of the other products you are out of until next season like the BTS?

Yea, so far we have not done this on product and that might change in the future. But I can tell you this: we have a pile of the Tracks coming in so you should be all set there. And as far as the BTS? I plan to make enough of these to sink a battle ship. As always, we announce when these are available on the website and newsletter so just keep an eye out for that and make sure you are on our newsletter sign-up (front page).

Proper treatment of Morton's Toe starts with selecting proper footwear. Footwear with a high and wide toe box (toe area) is ideal for treating this condition.

That's really interesting to me. My second toe is longer than my big toe (100% Hungarian by the way) and I've always found myself hunting for boots with a wide and tall toebox. It just always felt a lot more comfortable that way. At least, now I know why!

I was always told that was a sign of intelligence. Needless to say, my feet are the same. I think I recall being told recently that only men have this trait. It came up in a discussion about spotting trannies (don't ask). :o

Not true. I also have a longer second toe. My friends like to make jokes about prehensile appendages and swinging from trees.

Just in case anybody's wondering I found pics of the 06/07 deeluxe Indy and Suzuka, they don't look any different except they have the new 06/07 style thermoflex liner and that's only a small asthetic change, no new buckles or anything fancy, not even new colors, just the same red and dark blue from the past two seasons.

07indy.JPG

I was always told that was a sign of intelligence. Needless to say, my feet are the same. I think I recall being told recently that only men have this trait. It came up in a discussion about spotting trannies (don't ask).

Goddamnit! My wife must be a - nooooooooooooooooo!

Simon

• 2 weeks later...
Dave, for us drooling Canadians, do you have any indicative pricing on these yet? or is it still too early?

americans too! youve listed all the specs, now comparison is simple:biggthump but we still dont know the price:confused:

based on the prices from the Japanese pics from page 1, the Track 225 is $566.97 and the Track 325 is $658.47 (USD)

but as Japan has (I think) some kind of VAT and generally higher prices, I'd guess they are similar to current prices.

(114.81 yen = $1 as of a couple of minutes ago)

Great info on the YYZ tech page comparison.

Dave, you might consider adding a row to the spreadsheet with "aka" info. For folks who might remember a 423 or AF600 or whatever prior model Raichle. Do the new models correspond in some way to the old ones (yes, I know they do) - and which are rough equivalents in terms of performance and fit. Just a thought. Great work.

As noted by others, great comaprison Dave.

A couple of questions (anyone):

1) If you use the BTS System, isn't it possible to take any of the boots and make them somewhat flex as you desire?

For example, I generally want an all mountain boot, more flex, and the Track 225 would probably be the best boot for that purpose, but I also want what I consider to be a stronger boot/ shell, the Track 325, not to mention I like the black/ red colors better. Could I put a BTS system on it and make it flex similar to the Track 225?

2)Using a comparison of one boot vs. another based on shell material and design: The Head Stratos Pro is noted as being stiffer than the Suzuka, but not as much as the Indy. I would guess that the plastic specs. (shore & elasticity) on the Head must be such that they are similar to the Indy, but because it has, what I would consider, a symmetric design like the Track (SB) series it is not as stiff as the Indy. If this is true, and I don't know if it is, wouldn't that make the Track 325 stiffer than the Suzuka?

Also, Dave, another nice comparison might be a recommended rider weight range for each of the boots as it relates to the ability to flex the boots. Bomber has general information of this nature on their store site for the current models, but not for the new Tracks.