Note to New Members ×

What's on your High-Tech Wish List?

Guest Randy S.

Guest Randy S.

I'm working on my "All I Want for Christmas" wish list that I publish on our web site. Trying to think of cool gadgets that I would really like to have. I've got some in mind, but would love to hear from you guys/gals about tech stuff you covet this year. Thanks.

Randy

As long as some of you are on the high tech topic, I have a question. I would like to get some basic "print-shop" software. I just want something that I can print up business cards and greeting cards and christmas cards with...nothing expensive and elaborate. I don't need a zillion templates because I usually don't use them. I don't need a zillion stock art photos because I don't use them either.

So if anyone knows a good software for those needs...I'd like to hear about it.

As long as some of you are on the high tech topic, I have a question. I would like to get some basic "print-shop" software. I just want something that I can print up business cards and greeting cards and christmas cards with...nothing expensive and elaborate. I don't need a zillion templates because I usually don't use them. I don't need a zillion stock art photos because I don't use them either.

So if anyone knows a good software for those needs...I'd like to hear about it.

Gasp Microsoft Publisher...you didn't hear that from me

the bomber version of the RAB for my AF 700s

one of those fancy titanal Coilers or one of those Tinklers that oldsnowboards.com has been pimpin'

one of these http://www.apple.com/powermac/dualcore.html or if such a thing did exist four dual core pentiums either running OS X, Mandriva or Debian.

Should be interesting when Intel releases the next batch of CPUs.

Does Win XP support support multiple CPUs?

I ask the above because I have never seen any PCs with multiple CPUs.

this would be overkill for me (short season, small slopes), but this would probably be great for you guys out West or that hike:

http://polarusa.com/Products/consumer/axn300.asp

i just bought one of their HRMs (heart rate monitors) and it's pretty cool. Features of alpine watches include:

Altimeter- Shows your current altitude reading with graphical trend curve and your vertical progress.

Vertical Speed-Shows ascent and descent rate indicating how fast you have gone vertically up or down.

Barometer-Monitor weather changes with barometric pressure and temperature reading.

Polar Fitness Test-Measures your fitness level in 5 minutes.

advanced models (probably all the alpine models) allow you to download/input workout results into a program or on the web and you can graph trends, etc, very cool. Think do it yourself Drago training.

Guest Tombo28

One of these days I'll get around to buillding myself a nice MythTV box with a couple of capture cards and a TB or two of storage so that I can finally retire my two first-generation TiVos.

I also really want one of these for some reason but it's hard to justify $80 on a keyboard just because it looks cool.

To be perfectly honest, however, my REAL wish list is comprised almost entirely of items sold on this very web site. Mmmmm...Donek...Prior...Deeluxe...TD2's...drool...drool...drool...

Hmmmm.....

Got the wife the Motorola Bluetooth thingy but don't have one myself. We got the 52" Hi Def set a year ago yesterday and I'm still in awe of it.

I guess I'd most like to have a Hi Def camcorder (still way too pricey!).

I've been buying electronic toys from WOOT

For example, today they're selling a refurbished Hitachi DVD camcorder for $329.99. In recent weeks I've bought an IPod wannabee for $17 (you need to provide an SD card and an AAA battery but it works pretty well) and a terrific set of speakers for my laptop for less than $30.

Oh, and I echo KJL's thoughts - a good right knee would be a blessing.