Note to New Members ×

March 4th, Post Sierra Blizzard And The Snow Keeps Coming!

barryj

Well after just digging out from a 2 day Blizzard here in Tahoe that dumped 60 inches in 48 hours Just 3 Days Ago.......here we go again!                                              Snows In The Forecast The NEXT 10 DAYS STRAIGHT!!  :eek:

With the relentless Pow this winter the Moss PQ60 has been getting a workout this season!   The hard charging groomer days have been few and far between for my new little Go-Kart,  Coiler Angrry 160 SST!

It is crazy Deep out here!    We Are Already Over 500 Inches For The Season and we got another 20 inches additional today!......and It's only March 4th!!                      There Will Be Skiing & Riding July 4th This Year  Once Again :biggthump

You Just Gotta Love It!  

1.jpg

FB_IMG_1677979685015.jpg

Resized_20230301_131214.jpeg

Resized_20230301_131951.jpeg

Resized_20230301_135546.jpeg

Resized_20230302_114418.jpeg

Resized_20230302_115750.jpeg

Edited by barryj
  • Like 2

I keep trying to time my schedule and the Cal Trans warnings keep stopping me. I was speaking with a neighbor last night who was one of the last cars over 50 leaving Tahoe last week on Thursday. His story is scary as F. Head out the window once his wiper blades froze.  A Tesla ahead of him with a young kid sitting on the window to guide the driver. He hit the mountain at one point after the plow ahead of him scraped down to the black ice.

11 hours ago, gawdzira said:

Su*k it up Kneel. Like we used to say when I taught at Vernon Valley "You gott'a be tough to live in the mountains" (of Jersey).

Okay, so you've lived it and earned the right to say it.  Lumps taken. But these people with their average +300",s of snowfall should be required to pick up their season passes to their fancy white and fluffy resorts a the bottom of Zero-G...on a weekend.  Then MAYBE they will understand...  :smashfrea

• LOL 1

So many atmospheric rivers this winter!! Utah was serious powder. I have never seen the highways shutdown so often.  Finally drove down an empty I80 (no big trucks allowed) when it opened at midnight Monday morning. I love my Bridgestone Blizzaks!!

13 hours ago, barryj said:

300?  That's nothing,  we passed that back in Dec.!

We Just Hit 600 Inches :eek:  and we got another 70 inches  :ph34r: on the way over the next 10 days!  :biggthump

https://www.palisadestahoe.com/

Yeah well I'll be thinking of you in May while I'm out on the golf course and you're stuck driving behind everyone in Truckee with 3 foot white birthday cakes still on their cars roof. :cool:  Now if you'll pardon me, I have to pack for a forced week in Floriduh with my hot-blooded eyetalian wife.  Gulf coast of course so half the golf courses are under repair and the red tide is keeping people out of the water.  I'm probably gonna melt to the tarmac once I hit that godawful heat.  I'm a bit on edge if you can't tell. :freak3:

11 hours ago, Odd Job said:

I'M MOVING TO CALIFORNIA! TO HELL WITH INCOME TAX!

j/k

I don't think it's a tax per say, more like they just take it by force any chance they get. 

• LOL 1

30 minutes ago, Kneel said:

I'll be thinking of you in May while I'm out on the golf course

Nah..........by May I'm in already in multi sport mode here! - carving it up on the groomers in the mornings then a 25-50 mile road bike ride in the afternoon then hitting the weight room.   

I gotta stay in shape for My Hot-Blooded Wife who  has her on idea of what  "Evening Exercise" is!   :eplus2:

Edited by barryj

9 minutes ago, barryj said:

Nah..........by May I'm in already in multi sport mode here! - carving it up on the groomers in the mornings then a 25-50 mile road bike ride in the afternoon then hitting the weight room.   

All this to stay in condition for My Hot-Blooded Wife who  has her on idea of what "exercise" is!   :eplus2:

Fine. Then no complaining about droughts for at least two years. And keep your people out of Colorado! There's gotta be something...

16 minutes ago, barryj said:

Ha!   I think your getting confused with what Coloradans says about Jersey people!

Jersey has been embedded for a while.  I even know the secret handshake. :cool:  Now if they can only figure out good pizza...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Mammoth has the deepest snow in the world this season (Dave McCoy was no dummy when he chose it!). Too much pow actually *is* a real problem when the mountain can no longer function.  The top of Mammoth reportedly has snowpack 5ft deeper than even Palisades, not that you can get to it any time soon.  They're struggling just to keep the parking lots open, let alone keep the lifts running even on the lower mountain, do avalanche mitigation, etc...  Even if you can get there between storms there's no guarantee you won't spend half your day standing around waiting for lifts to open, possibly while stranded at the bottom of a lift somewhere when a sudden blizzard kicks up and even the buses can't run to get you back to your car (ask me how I know).  Sadly our snow has been just for looking at for much too long this season, such a strange problem to have.  Please, come and take some of it home with you, I want to go boarding.

sources: 

https://www.snow-forecast.com/overviews/picks

https://www.onthesnow.com/california/mammoth-mountain-ski-area/historical-snowfall

pic: Main Lodge at NOON, ppl stranded.  Day was supposed to be 'mostly clear'.  Even the mammoth statue in the background looks desperate.

PXL_20230308_202231787.jpg

Edited by Eastsiiiide

41 minutes ago, Eastsiiiide said:

Please, come and take some of it home with you, I want to go boarding

Ditto!  When we have had heavy/deep winters  the Mtn. won't open or opens late which = I get fewer days on the Mtn. and even fewer Hard Charging Carving days!

Looking at the forecast we got Another 10 Days Of Pow Coming  :smashfrea  and  I'm getting the Hell out of here and going back east tomorrow to get a break from the daily shoveling and whiteouts and get some Hard Charging Carving days in!  :1luvu:

• Like 1