Note to New Members ×

Pogo Beluga

davekempmeister

• 2 months later...

Hi Ace.

Agreed (unlikely to find one here).  Just the same, I would regret not asking.  Especially were I to buy one and then see one subsequently pop up, for sale.

Also, I think I have discovered that I like buying little-used boards as much or more than new ones.  Less to do with money saved or saving the earth and more likely because there is no "first scratch" heartbreak, I think.  Weird

@lowriderThe board I wanted came up at a great price, and I somehow managed to get to the front of the queue, with a seller who was willing to consider the added complication of shipping to New Zealand. While I might find other ways to make the most of summer's days, carving turns is never far from my thoughts.

Edited by SunSurfer

@lowrider Guess!

Clinical Definition of OCD

The DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition) provides clinicians with official definitions of and criteria for diagnosing mental disorders and dysfunctions.  Although not all experts agree on the definitions and criteria set forth in the DSM-5, it is considered the “gold standard” by most mental health professionals in the United States.

DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria for Obsessive-Carving Disorder (301.03)

A.    Presence of both obsession and carving:

Obsessions are defined by (1) and (2):

1. Recurrent and persistent thoughts, urges, or impulses that are experienced, at some time during the disturbance, as intrusive and unwanted, and that in most individuals cause marked anxiety or distress.

2.The individual attempts to ignore or suppress such thoughts, urges, or images, or to neutralize them with some other thought or action (i.e., by performing a compulsion).

Carving compulsions are defined by (1) & (2):

1. Repetitive behaviors (e.g., waxing snowboards, ordering new boards, adjusting equipment) or mental acts (e.g., watching YouTube videos, counting vertical feet/metres, hanging out on AlpineSnowboarder.com and hijacking threads) that the individual feels driven to perform in response to an obsession or according to rules that must be applied rigidly.

2.The behaviors or mental acts are aimed at preventing or reducing anxiety or distress and are clearly excessive.

Nice board!

http://www.pogo.biz/en/beluga-001.html

Edited by SunSurfer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

@lowrider Guess!

Clinical Definition of OCD

The DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition) provides clinicians with official definitions of and criteria for diagnosing mental disorders and dysfunctions.  Although not all experts agree on the definitions and criteria set forth in the DSM-5, it is considered the “gold standard” by most mental health professionals in the United States.

DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria for Obsessive-Carving Disorder (301.03)

Obsessions are defined by (1) and (2):

1. Recurrent and persistent thoughts, urges, or impulses that are experienced, at some time during the disturbance, as intrusive and unwanted, and that in most individuals cause marked anxiety or distress.

2.The individual attempts to ignore or suppress such thoughts, urges, or images, or to neutralize them with some other thought or action (i.e., by performing a compulsion).

Carving compulsions are defined by (1) & (2):

1. Repetitive behaviors (e.g., waxing snowboards, ordering new boards, adjusting equipment) or mental acts (e.g., watching YouTube videos, counting vertical feet/metres, hanging out on AlpineSnowboarder.com and hijacking threads) that the individual feels driven to perform in response to an obsession or according to rules that must be applied rigidly.

2.The behaviors or mental acts are aimed at preventing or reducing anxiety or distress and are clearly excessive.

Nice board!

http://www.pogo.biz/en/beluga-001.html

Freudian slip?

• 1 month later...

Thanks Ace. You are correct. I do look at ebay.de from time to time and there are occasionally some old Pogos that pop up.  The only Pogo that I have ever scored was an Impact 168 from a contributor here (BOL,actually) who lives close enough to me for pick-up. If I recall, I may have been advantaged over others who wanted it because no shipping was necessary.

I am always looking for the Pogos. They have a special build quality, for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/11/2020 at 8:22 PM, davekempmeister said:

Thanks Ace. You are correct. I do look at ebay.de from time to time and there are occasionally some old Pogos that pop up.  The only Pogo that I have ever scored was an Impact 168 from a contributor here (BOL,actually) who lives close enough to me for pick-up. If I recall, I may have been advantaged over others who wanted it because no shipping was necessary.

I am always looking for the Pogos. They have a special build quality, for sure.

Don't forget the discussed condition when I handed it to you.  If you ever decide to let it go, I will take it back at the price - $ amount of fun you had (compared to others) on Impact, which means you will need to hand it over to me for free & probably a rad air 200.  

Not Beluga.. but few BOL members have Blitz and Overdose. I know you are addicted to Pow and long sticks but Blitz is "supersized" Impact.  you will love it. 

Let's ride together this year.   I got something you will love to try on this year  (again).  

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 2:45 PM, piusthedrcarve said:

Don't forget the discussed condition when I handed it to you.  If you ever decide to let it go, I will take it back at the price - $ amount of fun you had (compared to others) on Impact, which means you will need to hand it over to me for free & probably a rad air 200.  

Not Beluga.. but few BOL members have Blitz and Overdose. I know you are addicted to Pow and long sticks but Blitz is "supersized" Impact.  you will love it. 

Let's ride together this year.   I got something you will love to try on this year  (again).  

I'd very much like to ride together, Pius.  My kld races at Roundtop and that is where I have spent most of my "local" hill time the past few seasons.  Got a few (6) days in CO a couple of weeks ago. UT later in the season, maybe another CO or Tahoe excursion in the Spring - all depending on the state of the public health crisis, of course.

So.............what did you get ?  Kessler 168, SG ?  something weird ? do tell.