Note to New Members ×

Best over glasses goggles?

1xsculler

6 minutes ago, SunSurfer said:

Haven't found one that works yet.

I use daily use contact lenses for snowboarding. I've seen a few riders with lenses integrated into the goggle lens as another fog free option.

I know that some goggles are large enough but is the problem that the glasses fog under the goggles?

Oakley Flightdeck work well for me. Like Sunsurfer says it depends a bit on your glasses ive always sprung for the optional anti fog coating when i get new specs so its never been much of a issue. If i do get a slight fog i just lift the google a tad at the bottom to let the air circulate a bit more

jnieJv7.jpg

I use Oakley Canopy. I have 2 pairs both with prism lenses, and have never had significant issues. If its super cold I might get a bit of fog on my glasses, but that goes away fast. I wear Oakley glasses too, so not sure if that makes a difference.

I may have just solved my problem with my Smith I/OXs.  I cut a 3/4" section out of each side of the face seal which allows me to wear my glasses under these goggles comfortably.  I hope that doesn't affect any aspect of these great googles.  Now, maybe antifoam fluid will prevent my glasses from fogging.

For years I used to deal with this glasses/goggles situation; fogging, pressure points, general product unavailability. Then I found this brand called 'Lasik'. They're like $2600, but it'll completely change your life.

In all seriousness, any OTG's are a compromise, and at least for me, it was finding something that fit over the particular frames.

On 3/7/2020 at 9:01 PM, 1xsculler said:

Preferably that don't fog.  Smith, Oakley, or?

The goggles rarely fog, the glasses do, especially if you ever lift the goggles, letting the glasses cool down. Given that SCOTT Unlimited II OTG LS works for me.

On 3/7/2020 at 9:07 PM, SunSurfer said:

Haven't found one that works yet.

I use daily use contact lenses for snowboarding.

Same here. At some point I got fed up with trying and found the contacts to be the easier solution. Also, I used to take more falls in deeper snow (I was younger and there was more of it) and not having to dig for my glasses was a plus.

That was my original motivation for contacts: huge early 80s glasses had significant weight. I’d yard sale and both glasses and contacts would go flying, then I’d have to clean and dry both ... royal PITA. 

If you can tolerate contacts, I highly recommend. I use the daily wear ones, very comfortable and no cases or solution to screw with. I have astigmatism so mine are a little more expensive but still not bad: it works out to around $CDN 3 per day. 

On 3/9/2020 at 5:54 AM, AJCdice said:

I use Smith i/o x over smallish glasses and it works well.

I solved the problem by cutting about 3/4" out of each side on the face seal on my Smith I/OX so they fit well over my glasses and then used anti-fog solution on my glasses.  Worked great.