Note to New Members ×

Titanal snowboard

Lifeform

• 3 weeks later...

Flux received... Disappointed...

I ordered a board with the "ready to ride tune" addon : not waxed, no tip/tail edge detune...

I ordered a board with the "secret construction" addon : impossible to know if it has been built with that or not...

Custom board, but not what I ordered !!! For such a high price, I am really disappointed 

15 hours ago, Ster said:

Flux received... Disappointed...

I ordered a board with the "ready to ride tune" addon : not waxed, no tip/tail edge detune...

I ordered a board with the "secret construction" addon : impossible to know if it has been built with that or not...

Custom board, but not what I ordered !!! For such a high price, I am really disappointed 

sorry to hear that.  Contact Sean/Donek to see what they have to say.

i am a practitioner of praise publicly criticize privately.  when all else fail; then it's time to air out dirty laundry.

FWIW:
i got a custom(won a raffle) from Donek and the label was wrong but it's one of the best board i have ever ridden.  it elevate my riding to a new level.

These are still mostly hand made; low number(relative speaking) artisanal board.  I don't think big item like secret construction will be miss; but little thing it might.  missing tune seems to fall somewhere in the middle.  are there structure on the base? are you expecting thick coat of wax? 

go ride and hopefully all the worry just melt away 🙂 

sorry to hear about your initial thoughts @Ster but at least you didn't have to wait a year for it. could be worse and i hope things work out with the situation.

in other donek news about 24hrs ago... curious about that new Kona. "...secret construction core and a layer of rubber for vibration dampening. The new shape of the Kôna was developed by one of Canada’s top instructors to enable you to go shorter with your board for a more playful experience or keep it at the same length as you usually ride and have a much longer effective edge than your standard board of this type." -JM

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3ntkxLLcYy/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

based off of the Aloha (Senna Leith design) and i think the Aloha replaced the Nomad.

seemingly turny and forgiving flex for easier riding it seems, but construction layup makes it sound like a solid board. a welcoming addition to the softy free carve options. interested to see some specs at some point, but i notice no specs on Donek site for their boards. ... cause custom everything. some recommended numbers would be nice to provide a baseline IMO. i thought there used to be, but now there isn't.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dhamann said:

in other donek news about 24hrs ago... curious about that new Kona. "...secret construction core and a layer of rubber for vibration dampening. The new shape of the Kôna was developed by one of Canada’s top instructors to enable you to go shorter with your board for a more playful experience or keep it at the same length as you usually ride and have a much longer effective edge than your standard board of this type." -JM

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3ntkxLLcYy/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

based off of the Aloha (Senna Leith design) and i think the Aloha replaced the Nomad.

seemingly turny and forgiving flex for easier riding it seems, but construction layup makes it sound like a solid board. a welcoming addition to the softy free carve options. interested to see some specs at some point, but i notice no specs on Donek site for their boards. ... cause custom everything. some recommended numbers would be nice to provide a baseline IMO. i thought there used to be, but now there isn't.

That sounds very interesting. At the moment I don't need a new board but that sounds like it could be worthy Contra replacement if I break my current board for example and if Contras are no longer available at that point.

I tried to check the Donek site but couldn't even find that model. Patience I guess... 😅

Edited by Xargo

quick Google:

https://www.donek.com/product/aloha/

not so much interest in the board but boot/bidning setup for being  to take softboot riding into the level that IG video show.
I like flowy style as observer but like to dial up the aggressiveness up when i ride.  as i get older maybe the mellower style is nice one to add to the bag of tricks. 

kona sound like aloha with secret construction

base price $815 Aloha

options -
Waist Width Wider than 28cm +$80.00

Ready to Ride Tune - Hot Wax(in hot box) and tip/tail edge detune +$30.00

Secret Construction +$350.00

Make it a Split +$256.00

gets $$$ quickly....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...