Note to New Members ×

Anyone going to try these bindings?

daveo

1 hour ago, slopestar said:

I wouldn’t trust one ratchet to hold me in. I put softboot bindings through the ringer

Ehh, it’s an upgrade from most splitboard bindings. And that’s what it seems to be. A splitboard binding. Seen some spectacular failures of the mainstream stuff so overall maybe there’s an improvement here..... 

Whats the point of the bit on the inside of the toe edge it doesnt look like it would serve any sort of purpose...... Im not buying them but if corran wanted to send a pair my way for torture testing id happily see if i could bend and make them fail like every other soft boot binding i ride id certainly give it a bash.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scottishsurfer said:

Whats the point of the bit on the inside of the toe edge it doesnt look like it would serve any sort of purpose...... Im not buying them but if corran wanted to send a pair my way for torture testing id happily see if i could bend and make them fail like every other soft boot binding i ride id certainly give it a bash.

Would it be the hinge point for split boarding you are referring to ?

22 minutes ago, lowrider said:

Would it be the hinge point for split boarding you are referring to ?

i rewatched the vid he calls it a toe cleat i guess its meant to add extra support somehow but if the main strap is secure it shouldnt be needed as the toe of your boot shouldn't move in a direction itd be needed....

Edited by scottishsurfer

• 6 months later...

I think the toe cleat acts a a bumper to keep your boot from sliding out of the otherwise unrestrained side of the binding.

What I keep hoping for is a "good" binding rotation mechanism that lets me rotate  my front foot to a pointing-straight-ahead position when I'm in the lift line. THAT would be awesome!

2 hours ago, WhiteHorse said:

I think the toe cleat acts a a bumper to keep your boot from sliding out of the otherwise unrestrained side of the binding.

What I keep hoping for is a "good" binding rotation mechanism that lets me rotate  my front foot to a pointing-straight-ahead position when I'm in the lift line. THAT would be awesome!

Got one I'll sell ya